Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a quick note. I have turned the desktop colour saturation in Nvidia control panel right down and the game looks so much better. A lot more 'real',gritty and atmospheric. It looks a lot closer to the early gameplay videos by doing this.

My Skyrim with 4k texture mods run better than this and also has higher FPS.http://puu.sh/gCcP3/d9c557b216.pnghttp://puu.sh/gCd37/91893bf42e.pngCompare to other game in 2015 the graphic is Witcher 3 is no where near awesome.Talk about bad optimization.

---------- Updated at 03:50 AM ----------

Not only me but there are tons of people on Steam Group chat that is having many problems and also saying the graphic is horrible.

Are you seriously comparing a modded game from 2011 with a vanilla game ? Do you remember how long it took for modders of Skyrim to figure a way to make the game run with 4k texture decently without crashes every 2 minutes ? with ENB ?

Also, why do you even compare 4k textures (modded) with 2k textures (unmoded)? moreover, even modded, the draw distance on ground details and foliage is pretty crappy in Skyrim (unless that changed in the past year ?

The witcher 3 is beautiful and has some potential for modding. Let's do the same comparaison in a few year ok ?

Just as a quick note. I have turned the desktop colour saturation in Nvidia control panel right down and the game looks so much better. A lot more 'real',gritty and atmospheric. It looks a lot closer to the early gameplay videos by doing this.

Thanks for the tip. There are a lot of guys currently working on SweetFX sets, and there already a couple out for TW3, and it excites me that the game could get closer to the early gameplay vids soon; though we will never get back the incredible textures, particle effects, LOD, etc. that were previously showcased, which makes me sad that this good of a game will never be as good as it could- or should - have been.

Are you seriously comparing a modded game from 2011 with a vanilla game ? Do you remember how long it took for modders of Skyrim to figure a way to make the game run with 4k texture decently without crashes every 2 minutes ? with ENB ?

Also, why do you even compare 4k textures (modded) with 2k textures (unmoded)? moreover, even modded, the draw distance on ground details and foliage is pretty crappy in Skyrim (unless that changed in the past year ?

The witcher 3 is beautiful and has some potential for modding. Let's do the same comparaison in a few year ok ?

So what you mean is, its normal that a hyped to no end Game from 2015, which the Dev´s said themself about "it will make our chins drop" cant win against a modded Game from 2011. Well, i see it the complete opposite.

I have decided to delay my purchase of the game, maybe till CDPR release their own high res texture packs, or till the modding community do their magic.

I understand people's frustration here... I been following up on this game for the past 2 years, and i felt somehow deceived.

I kept reading about the company, being one of the few, who live up to their word.. seems everyone has a price.

Despite all the above, I am eagerly waiting to delve into that magic world... Eventually :)

It ain't about vanity..

I was planning on upgrading my PC specifically for this game.. So i could enjoy it and immerse myself in it to the fullest.

I am still gonna play it and purchase it, but once it reaches the 2013 trailer graphics level :)

I am still gonna play it and purchase it, but once it reaches the 2013 trailer graphics level :)

Dude, I'm telling you. It's already better than the 2013 version by far. The 2013 version didn't have PBR and a whole bunch of stuff that are in the current version..

The only thing the game really needs right now are a better AA implementation, terrain tessellation enabled, and a draw distance slider. The latter we'll likely never get, as the game uses umbra. That said, the draw distance is already really good and it can be tweaked even more for shadows and vegetation...

Dude, I'm telling you. It's already better than the 2013 version by far.

Well...its taste i quess.

Attachments

• W3_2015.JPG
    W3_2015.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 66
  • nwqnoy.jpg
    nwqnoy.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 64
My Skyrim with 4k texture mods run better than this and also has higher FPS.http://puu.sh/gCcP3/d9c557b216.pnghttp://puu.sh/gCd37/91893bf42e.pngCompare to other game in 2015 the graphic is Witcher 3 is no where near awesome.Talk about bad optimization.

---------- Updated at 03:50 AM ----------

Not only me but there are tons of people on Steam Group chat that is having many problems and also saying the graphic is horrible.

show me that in gameplay.... that skyrim pic.... show me that running on your rig at 60+ fps.... show me

I'd like to know the rigs of all the people that are clamouring for 2013 engine. Because damn. If mine is getting as low as it is with the current engine, I can only imagine what it would take to run that 2013 spec.

I'd like to know the rigs of all the people that are clamouring for 2013 engine. Because damn. If mine is getting as low as it is with the current engine, I can only imagine what it would take to run that 2013 spec.

CDPR spent quite a lot of time optimizing and tweaking TW3 to run this well on PS4 and Xbone. If they spent equal time on the 2013 spec version I'm sure it wouldn't need as big as a machine as you think it would. However, it would still need a top of the line rig to run. My last PC was built specifically for the Witcher 2, and I was going to build another for this game (and future games obviously) as well. Very disappointing considering what we were promised...

CDPR spent quite a lot of time optimizing and tweaking TW3 to run this well on PS4 and Xbone. If they spent equal time on the 2013 spec version I'm sure it wouldn't need as big as a machine as you think it would. However, it would still need a top of the line rig to run. My last PC was built specifically for the Witcher 2, and I was going to build another for this game (and future games obviously) as well. Very disappointing considering what we were promised...

Thats like i roll. I stay with my Rig as long it can handle everything. The moment its not good enough anymore, byebye old, hello new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom