Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more than pleased... I run 50-60fps no probs at all and I have an older CPU

1100t @ 3.6ghz
MSI 970 @ 1500hz

All settings ultra with hairworks on.

I do agree that the foiliage isn't that impressive, and the lighting could use some more work (too bright in interiors), but honestly, I'm nitpicking, loving the game so far!

Just wish there was a quickbar for potions/consumables

Stop defend CD Projekt. They are frauds. I put all my confidence on them, and they LIED us, they played with us. I have got The Witcher 1, The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3, but It is the last game I will buy of CD Projekt. You must launch a patch to put the E3 graphics on the game. I watch the back box images of the The Witcher 3 videogame and I can watch a impressive graphics, Where are this graphics on the game? --_-- I will never put my confidence in CD Projekt, we have received a console port on PC. CD Projekt, you NEVER exist if PC gamers hadn't put the confidence on you, don't forget this.

No they aren't. They did not lie at all. It is your prerogative to not buy from them but the game is excellent. Sorry you are too obsessed with expecting the sun and the moon to appreciate it.

---------- Updated at 04:27 PM ----------

clearly they had perf problems. the gameruns bad on my gtx 770, so I cn't expect much prettier from them..With e3 graphics, I suspect SLI titans would have issues. lol. they did what they had to do. it is playable.. I'm just disappointed and hope tw4 does not see this issue

I suspect after learning and pushing more out of ps4 and xbone, we will see better in the future

I have the same card you do and run 40-60 fps on high constantly. Your issue could be cpu or memory.

The problem is not the game being ugly or graphically bad. It is indeed very good looking, especially if we value the entire screen and not the details. An open world is not supposed to excel in details. The point is it's not as good as advertised with, for example, the 35 min demo.

I preordered it, not canceled, preordered the expansion pack as well. I do not regret it, I chose to support CDPR and I will sure enjoy the game which I find exceptional, even if not without some flaws. I'm not a graphic whore either, I'm in for the story, the setting and the world (of course good graphics are a good completion).

So why the "complaining"? Simply because I still find that who complain about graphics not in line with promised cannot be considered wrong :)

Stop defend CD Projekt. They are frauds. I put all my confidence on them, and they LIED us, they played with us. I have got The Witcher 1, The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3, but It is the last game I will buy of CD Projekt. You must launch a patch to put the E3 graphics on the game. I watch the back box images of the The Witcher 3 videogame and I can watch a impressive graphics, Where are this graphics on the game? --_-- I will never put my confidence in CD Projekt, we have received a console port on PC. CD Projekt, you NEVER exist if PC gamers hadn't put the confidence on you, don't forget this.

Damn, you could almost remind me of myself when I was 12-13.
Tough period, but it eventually goes away after the so-called puberty. Hang on, buddy !

Reply with quote seems to be broken, but those cherry picked screenshots earlier were from this link..

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Whats a little spooky is those pictures the poster linked were the best from that page..

It kinda looks like world of warcraft mixed with unmodded skyrim in the screenshots. I haven't played it yet as my graphics card is being rma'ed but actually i think its good to be reading about this now as my heart would sink if wasn't expecting it to be that poor when first loading up the game. Its still current gen in the environment..

Also http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/35tcy6/witcher_3_graphics_downgrade_confirmed_by_a_cdpr/ so they only thing we can do is be nice and hope they add back detail and shaders for the pc community later as patches. There's no denying it.

Its a bit sad they missed the point. Run as a well efficient business, they did the best thing a business can do. Its just we have been calibrated to get products from cdpr that are more than standard business output, but actually designed as best for customers rather than the best business sense. Console players play because? their friends are playing it and someone in marketing paid for the 10/10 marketing package at ign and gamespot. How could they so quickly forget that pc players play for the graphics, the LOVE OF THE GRAPHICS as a significant reason why. A better approach could have been to make marketing happy and make dumb trailers that worked on all platforms, then have a nice 'surprise' for pc users with ultra settings that actually looked next gen.. how they chose to do the opposite its unethical.

Microsoft and valve have 2 very different kinds of "success", and sure cdpr wants to try something too, but copying microsoft rather than valve is not recommended. valve already exist and still do consider customers (see skyrim mods).

@papnaruto I am not a teen, but I feel cheated. I am so disappointed with the downgrade in the game. I thouht that CD Projekt wasn't another Ubisoft. But it looks similar. I will enjoy the game, but never trust in CD Projekt again. PD: I can't watch the forums correctly. I watch all the web black and need to select the words to watch it in blue background.

Don't get me wrong game looks great. I can barely run smooth Ultra settings with my rig, so if there were better graphics I wouldn't be able to run with my current rig anyway.
Still I am little disappointed that game doesn't look as good as it did in 35 min video. And it's sad to see all this rage and shitstorm, because of that.

I wish that CDPR RED would explain in an open letter, what really happened there ..

It doesn't need better graphics, just the color palette back to the darker world that was represented in those old videos would be nice. Sweetfx helps. But I do agree and wish the graphical effects they did remove would come back, especially global illumination.

I really, really hope the DEVs make this right in a patch. I'm not pleased with how the graphics have turned out. All ultra, hairworks, 1440p and gsync via 980SLI. W3 simply doesn't look as stellar (and not all that great as-is either) as I expected from the "in-game" videos we were shown.

So, is it just me, or does enabling UberSampling in the render.ini file improve image quality particularly the washed out interior lighting in taverns? Maybe it's a placebo effect, as I don't know if the coding is there to support the feature.

What people fail to realize is you will NEVER EVER see a "next Gen" jump i graphics on any game that is also being made for consoles.
Consoles are never really anymore than a suped up office PC with a mediocre GPU added and the core coding of any cross platform game has to be able to run on it....weakest link and all.
Graphical "jumps" like your thinking of will only ever occur on PC only games.
Thats not to say innovative and fun games cant be devopled for consoles

---------- Updated at 12:57 AM ----------

lemme ask what fps differnce you noticed from Omega to GTV driver. I run 4K with a 295x2 and a 290x ( 3 290x's) and MSI only shows GPU #1 @ 1050mhz...the bottom two GPUs are @ 300mhz....this is only happening in the witcher 3

Last edited:
dont be ridiculous dude, skyrim modded looks better than everything else that the market has to offer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5MOykfGoiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRizOpuMGJM
i am not saying the witcher 3 isnt a beautiful game, in fact it is a really beautiful game. the reason why games with mods often look better is that modders dont care about optimisation, while developers do. take the unmodded version of skyrim for instance, it looks like utter garbage and it requires ton of mods to make it look good, which comes with a defty price of performance. Also i am thinking that there will be a lof visual mods for the witcher3 as well.

I was there in the forums before Skyrim was released, and other TES games, but the point is, everyone was expecting Skyrim to look much much better than Oblivion, and then hundreds of posts appeared at release comparing Oblivion to Skyrim saying that the forests and other areas looked better and that Skyrim was catering for Consoles again BLA BLA BLA. Then around 3 or 4 months all these threads dissapeared, people on PC's who wanted Extreme Graphix or Textures were creating high-res texture packs and many other visual 'improvements'. The same will be with W3, people no matter how great the graphics are will always complain because they have their own pre-formed opinions on what W3 should look like then they go and try to find comparision's to justify their thaughts. "See its true look at these Pics"!!!! The fact is not everyone has quad GTX980's the Developers make the game for whatever the 'Standard' average system is at that time. PC hardware is always advancing and that is what the great modding communities are there for, to cater for those who want more than the vanilla offering. Btw comparing a heavily modded Skyrim to W3 is not fair (Modders have had 4 years to perfect Skyrim), Skyrim at Vanilla sure, although Skyrim has loading screens everywhere in W3 you rarely see one at all, and I also have no idea why people are complaining about the foliage, on my PS4 version it looks fantastic.

I am off to enjoy the game :)

Last edited:
We-elll. The game runs at 30-40 FPS on my twin 290xs at 4K with nearly everything on Ultra, ( I turned down some Grass Foliage or something, because I was told to. I'm very obedient) and looks aaaamazing.

Just amazing. Everything I was told it would be. And more. Helps if you have the hardware to run the game to make it look as good as it did in those trailers.

Oh, turn off Motion Blur, it's kind of terrible. Make sure you're running the Omega WHQL drivers from AMD - work better for me than the GTA V ones did.

Post some pics so the rest of us can be jealous. Read that Twitlonger by Adrian C. He nails it, especially the part where CDPR seems to be promoting one vision and delivering another. Maybe I'll run into that world-weary, oppressive atmosphere from the last games once I leave White Orchard, but for now, things look awfully serene in Witcher land.

Hey guys? Can I get a mod to help me with something? This is off topic but 3/4 of the page is blackout out for me, and if I try to get into the main witcher 3 forum section it says it is under maintenance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUGFmmikn4

We are playing the console version, cdpr no longer the chosen ones, bye.

There's no defense for this.. we're thinking that pc graphics should be better.. what it actually looks like is pc graphics have the option to look -worse- than console to support peoples graphics cards. The highest setting is capped at console. That's what they delivered, no trolls and fans here, actual results. Chosen one status officially removed from cdpr :p

Hey guys? Can I get a mod to help me with something? This is off topic but 3/4 of the page is blackout out for me, and if I try to get into the main witcher 3 forum section it says it is under maintenance.

Yup, Off-topic, but hit Ctrl-F5 to do a forced refresh of the pages. It should fix it. Your browser is still reading the cached version from the last maintenance instead of going to the site to pick it up.

yes its has been downgraded, yes it has performance problems , but saying that this game is ugly or worse using skyrim as a comparison ( wich i played extensively ) is completely retarded and dishonest, at least have some respect to the peoples who have worked for years on it

it look amazing for me and am fine with it, there will be patchs for the performance, or better stop trying to run ultra on low end hardware, all my friends with decent hardware are running it fine

Last edited:
Why don't you screen archers show us some of your gorgeous shots?

I like this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom