Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep! as I suspected! those are last gen graphics for sure!! just look at them! Skyrim was wayyyyyyy better and ran on my automatic coffee machine from 1982 at 120FPS!!

oh im sorry...I appear to have turned into a blithering moron for that comment! LOL

looking awesome..whats your rig?

Automatic Coffee Machine? lol !!! People are never happy at release, should have been on the official Bethesda Skyrim forums at Skyrims release, hundreds of the same thread, the graphix suxorz last gen BS coz of Console Kiddiez !!! No exageration it was really quite pathetic, the game could have looked like Avatar and people would have still complained !! But then it would have been that their 3K rig with 4 GTX980's can't run the game in 4k with 100fps instead! Its like a personal insult to their ego!

Last edited:
Automatic Coffee Machine? lol !!! People are never happy at release, should have been on the official Bethesda Skyrim forums at Skyrims release, hundreds of the same thread, the graphix suxorz last gen BS coz of Console Kiddiez !!! No exageration it was really quite pathetic, the game could have looked like Avatar and people would have still complained !! But then it would have been that their 3K rig can't run the game in 4k with 100fps instead!
oh don't worry I was there! its getting really boring with every major release you get the same old shite!
Steam forums are epic with it at the minute! MK X, Project Cars, The Witcher...all full to the brim with downgrade devs hate pc tripe!

oh don't worry I was there! its getting really boring with every major release you get the same old shite!
Steam forums are epic with it at the minute! MK X, Project Cars, The Witcher...all full to the brim with downgrade devs hate pc tripe!

Exactly, I actually have banned myself with certain games from visiting their forums for this exact reason! Project Cars got alot of heat, not sure why I think it looks pretty damn good, better sim than Driveclub too I reckon. How would you feel as a developer getting all these great reviews from every corner of the Professional Gaming World, then come home to your official forums to find hundreds of these 'W3 Graphix suxorz!! Skyrim With 4 Years of Mods Looks Betterz" threads from spoilt kids on 3K rigs that their parents bought them for school? If the graphics were indeed so bad then surely some professional reviewer would have complained? I am yet to see one? I did see alot of 10/10's etc. It's all the tripe, I was there since before Morrowind and Oblivion released too its all the same, while gamers who love the game are too busy playing it to come here!

Project Cars is jaw droopingly nice to look at! I truly cant understand what people are moaning about there! and its runs like a dream!
I think the major issue is people are thinking recommended spec means they can run HIGH instead of understanding that recommended specs means they can run the game happily but without all the bells and whistles.

its a shame that DEVS cant figure out a way to "lock down" video options to specific GPU cards and simply disable everything they don't think your card can handle to give you a good gaming experience?
like: oh youre running a 760gtx...you can have all these options but hairworks and depth of field are simply not available; locked out of your options.
I know in reality that would cause a major uproar but it would also solve a huge amounts of issues with people who simply will not accept the fact their system wont play a brand new game on ULTRA!

I play on an i7 with a 970gtx and an i5 with a 760ti....and ive tweaked each to suit my tastes and run acceptably well "for me"
"for me" means I don't mind running shadows at medium, or maybe I don't mind not having AA, or im happy with SSAO instead of HBAO..or maybe grass isn't on ULTRA but is on HIGH.
GTAv...grass level between ULTRA and HIGH was 10+ FPS!! and I took screenshots between the two that I honestly couldn't tell the difference between!! same with Tesselation HIGH and ULTRA..literally couldn't tell the two images apart!
so do I moan that I cant run ULTRA? or do I accept HIGH (which to me seemed virtually no different) and grab meself an extra 20FPS??
that's a no brainer right there!!
I suspect there are a few settings Witcher 3 that are the same!
but of course the "console generation" want plug and play! cant be bothered or simply don't understand what settings are for! just slide them all the way up and moan at the devs!!

Gregski,

Will you be releasing some kind of a high res "package" just like Skyrim did back in the day? For us whose PC's can handle it...

Or we have to wait for modders to enter the scene?

Project Cars is jaw droopingly nice to look at! I truly cant understand what people are moaning about there! and its runs like a dream!
I think the major issue is people are thinking recommended spec means they can run HIGH instead of understanding that recommended specs means they can run the game happily but without all the bells and whistles.

its a shame that DEVS cant figure out a way to "lock down" video options to specific GPU cards and simply disable everything they don't think your card can handle to give you a good gaming experience?
like: oh youre running a 760gtx...you can have all these options but hairworks and depth of field are simply not available; locked out of your options.
I know in reality that would cause a major uproar but it would also solve a huge amounts of issues with people who simply will not accept the fact their system wont play a brand new game on ULTRA!

I play on an i7 with a 970gtx and an i5 with a 760ti....and ive tweaked each to suit my tastes and run acceptably well "for me"
"for me" means I don't mind running shadows at medium, or maybe I don't mind not having AA, or im happy with SSAO instead of HBAO..or maybe grass isn't on ULTRA but is on HIGH.
GTAv...grass level between ULTRA and HIGH was 10+ FPS!! and I took screenshots between the two that I honestly couldn't tell the difference between!! same with Tesselation HIGH and ULTRA..literally couldn't tell the two images apart!
so do I moan that I cant run ULTRA? or do I accept HIGH (which to me seemed virtually no different) and grab meself an extra 20FPS??
that's a no brainer right there!!
I suspect there are a few settings Witcher 3 that are the same!
but of course the "console generation" want plug and play! cant be bothered or simply don't understand what settings are for! just slide them all the way up and moan at the devs!!

Yep I agree, its what gamers EXPECT their systems to perform like, its as though its a personal insult if their rig can't run a game like W3 in 4k with 100 fps! Well I am sorry, as a PC gamer going back to the days of mean 18 and Ultima on IBM 8088's with monocrhome or CGA screens and no VIdeo Cards, the kids these days are spoilt! They forget the days when you had to run a boot-disk just to get enough free memory for a game to run, a time when 3d cards didn't exist, a time when there was no sound apart from that of the PC speaker beeping at you. These days if their expensive rig doesn't run a game like THEY think it should, with all the graphics options Turned on, then there is something really wrong with the game and they need to come here to share their disgust with the world! Its as though it hurts their ego, every time they have to lower a setting or turn off some effect it is as though someone has personally insulted them! Well I got sick of it in the end, I have a family now and I can't afford to do my 2 yearly Graphics Card upgrade then followed by the mandatory Motherboard/CPU/RAM, possibly PSU and HD Upgrade too. I bought a gaming laptop a few years ago but alas it is going to run W3 poorly, I7 2630, 16GB DDR3 Ram, GTX560M Video Card. I bought it for my PS4 and love it to bits, obviously it is going to run W3 better than my ageing PC is going to, but if I DO choose to try W3 on it then I am going to have to settle for 1080p and lower every setting to low and turn off all the pretty graphical effects. Will I like doing it? No, but that isn't the games fault, blame technology, blame the speed at which it progresses blame how much money it costs to upgrade again, but never blame the software.

---------- Updated at 08:41 AM ----------

Guys.

Witcher.3.Graphics.

Sorry we were getting carried away with nostalgia :)

Gregski,

Will you be releasing some kind of a high res "package" just like Skyrim did back in the day? For us whose PC's can handle it...

Or we have to wait for modders to enter the scene?

Ummm. I'm afraid I won't be releasing anything as I'm not CDPR's employee.

I can only release myself now from voluntarily moderating this forum to playing the game a little bit.

You guys play nice. And stay on topic, of course. Witcher 3. Graphics.

I am watching in youtube and thinking, the only thing that remind me old 35 min atmosphere and beauty is soundtracks in gameplay. Only thing is not changed. :(

Graphics is totally changed. Many time i said that it is not so bad and it is still acceptable about Witcher 3 atmosphere. But now from videos i just can't see the old atmosphere.

Is graphics is bad? Totally not. It is beautiful graphics for videogame. But is this graphics suit to Witcher 3? Totally not again.

I tell again, actually i see some improvements after 35 min demo. Not only downgrades which really visible. But the artistic changes is so terrible. I mean we saw the leader of downgrade in Watch dogs. But the atmosphere was unchanged. We still see the mood and atmosphere from 2012 trailer of watch dogs. But here the mood and atmosphere just is another game. Only soundtracks remind me that this is still witcher 3.

most of the vids we are seeing are based around White Orchard, which I believe is designed to look and feel a certain way. kind of like a "homepride" advert!
The start at Kaer looked different, and im sure later on the in the game things will look different in style again

The graphics in 2013 were obviously going to be optimised. Only real morons would expect that.
That 2014 gameplay trailer was a mistake. Obvious reduction since 2013 but believably achievable.
With that actual release the bits that have been removed are so obvious that its blinded people, my self included, as to the volume of work that has gone into the world. Lighting has so much effect on a scene then the reduction in tessellation for those little details. My total enjoyment of a world class RPG has been marred by a PR blunder.

Played an hour on a mates rig (he runs the same as me pretty much apart form different brand components)
My 970 annoyance kicks in. 30fps cap. All setting on max inc hairwaork. game is rock solid.

Tried DSR at 1440p - ARRRRRRRRHG that damn 3.5+0.5 issue.
Vram went from 3400 - 3700
Framerate spikes and horrific late pop in of NPCs. If I had 4 whole gigs of vram I could run at 1440p!

most of the vids we are seeing are based around White Orchard, which I believe is designed to look and feel a certain way. kind of like a "homepride" advert!
The start at Kaer looked different, and im sure later on the in the game things will look different in style again

You are wrong. Actually there are big portion gameplays. Even ladies of wood quests. Most of them are ps4 footages. But the atmosphere and mood are same on all platforms.

The graphics in 2013 were obviously going to be optimised. Only real morons would expect that.
That 2014 gameplay trailer was a mistake. Obvious reduction since 2013 but believably achievable.
With that actual release the bits that have been removed are so obvious that its blinded people, my self included, as to the volume of work that has gone into the world. Lighting has so much effect on a scene then the reduction in tessellation for those little details. My total enjoyment of a world class RPG has been marred by a PR blunder.

Played an hour on a mates rig (he runs the same as me pretty much apart form different brand components)
My 970 annoyance kicks in. 30fps cap. All setting on max inc hairwaork. game is rock solid.

Tried DSR at 1440p - ARRRRRRRRHG that damn 3.5+0.5 issue.
Vram went from 3400 - 3700
Framerate spikes and horrific late pop in of NPCs. If I had 4 whole gigs of vram I could run at 1440p!

Who said and thought that we will see the same graphics as old trailers did not say or think from their mind. The DEVs said this to us. So we was not a morons but the people ho beleaved DEVs.

---------- Updated at 09:43 AM ----------

#Graphics #superNesCanDoBetter#yo

Like i said. Many things was improved from 35 min demo and many things downgraded. Yes this looks still amazing. But 35 min demo atmosphere was the Witcher 3 atmsphere. When i will buy GTX 980 ti and after that this game may be i can change my minde. But this is fresh yet. So our heart is still hurt. We need i time. :)

i was just trying to mimic the greenish tone of the 2013 demo, its still far from it, i dont use that tonemapping while playing tho , too greenish for me

and actually the " neutral/saturated " tone for the final build is a very good thing ( for pc at least ), it actually make it very easy to re color the game, if they have left the old greenish coloring we would have way more trouble to change it, thats what i think at least

i was just trying to mimic the greenish tone of the 2013 demo, its still far from it, i dont use that tonemapping while playing tho , too greenish for me

and actually the " neutral/saturated " tone for the final build is a very good thing ( for pc at least ), it actually make it very easy to re color the game, if they have left the old greenish coloring we would have way more trouble to change it, thats what i think at least

I do not think that 2013 demo was griinish tone. There was blueish tone. And VGX trailer was yellovish tone. If i am not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom