Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: omg I didn't even realize it was same exact location, just look at yhose houses and village on the hill further away, they are same.

Yup, that why I took this shot. :)

Just to prove the comparison below that is being spread all across the web is pure BS.

Oh noes, the smoke is gone. :(

The screenshots I have seen from some SweetFX presets fix almost all of the graphical issues I have with the game (foliage and colors). Which are you using? Is there any risk of presets crashing my game and requiring a re-install?

For permanent VGX look use this https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3710/

I don't personally think it suits the game though, so I use my own preset which you can find below.
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3733/

There should no risk of increased chance of crashing, and it's super easy to uninstall. It just adds new files and does not modify the already existing ones. Plus there is next to zero performance drop.

Last edited:
People are probably talking mainly about the foliage which is really bad. Even Crysis 1 had better foliage. Witcher 2 had better visuals overall.

Look carefully the example that was posted. http://puu.sh/hSqTv/1f08439987.jpg

Except the bloom, the foliage and the graphics on Gerald, the armor, details on the gloves, its amazing. Witcher 3 is a good game. but it has mediocre visuals. Horrible NPC visuals, not just bad... horrible!
The atmosphere is good, but that is done with the POST Process settings only. If you remove those, you will see the graphics level more clearly.
Anyways. Mods will hopefully come.

W2 http://i4.minus.com/ibuSLueiUo4MpS.png
W3 http://abload.de/img/witcher32015-05-1819-3nq70.png

Problem is they went with Speedtree without using Unreal Engine. They also went with borderline mobile quality foliage assets. Speedtree can produce beautiful trees but unless you're using UE4 and a really kicking PC, your machine would struggle with more than 4 of them.

Differences are really that dust and 2013 close-up grass looks better.
On the other hand if you look at distances current build has equal drawing distance and lot more trees and other stuff, so I'd say all in all it's actually improvement.

I don't think CDPR really needs cheerleaders. The game itself is great, is critically acclaimed, and will probably win a shit ton of awards. You are happy with the game, we get it. Some of us want a bit more because we know it's possible. If you don't notice the differences then chances are you won't notice it in the game either, so it doesn't really affect you. You should be spending more time playing and enjoying the game than trying to convince people there was no downgrade. CDPR already confirmed that certain features were omitted so all you are doing is trying to put blinkers on people.

Imo, if they replaced the asset for those bush/shrub things that are everywhere. People would not be complaining nearly so much. Imo they're the only foliage that looks notiably bad in lod.

They look fine up close, but as soon as the lod kicks in, they turn play-doh looking.

I bought the game because of the 2013 graphics that made the hype, the best they can do is to rework the pc version for better results.. Witcher became popular on PCs and deserves better graphics.. If they didn't have the budget why they didn't work the PC version only then the consols?.. like rockstar did with GTAV but vice versa, it took two years more but they released one of the best looking open world games for PCs.. such a same.. the game and the story is more than fine but they were waiting until the release to admit the obvious..

Yeah, :) we are still far off of what was initially planned. Its looking great but its not the visual fidelity we were shown. Which boils down to another conclusion. PC version would blow everything, including other titles and "next-gen" looks out of the water.

Which is kinda extraordinary in its own merit - looking this good despite being cut short... in that large degree...

Just got to the Crones in swamp, nothing like E3 demo

Man....just got to the swamp and I miss the atmosphere of the E3 demo badly. They really toned down the lighting and fog in that area a lot.

I really hope down the line they add a patch that increases the atmosphere like how it was in the E3 demo.

Many of the ingame cutscenes are pure highlights of low res textures, few examples. When you get to orchard at the beginning the shop keeper serve some beer on a tray, the beer mugs are so unbelievably low res, same with the shield on the wall and the flycatchers or what it was. They are probably ok when you look at them in game view behind geralt. But when you get that cutscene zoom effect it holds up just so unbelievably bad. hope they will adress this in upcoming patches aswell. Highres texture pack is needed CDPR.

Last edited:
To Devs: Give us SOD quality as promised, please.

Hello all,

I'm not going to go into too much detail here, because unfortunately chances are this thread will be locked or those rushing to defend this game will swamp the comments below. What I will say, however, is that I was one of the people calling the "downgrade" months ago and effectively being told to shove off.

Anyway, I digress. The point of this thread is to put across to CDPR that I, as a customer, would like to receive what I have been promised for the last for months. I knew that VGX graphics were not going to be present in the final product, and for the longest of time I took the Swords Of Destiny trailer to be the true representation of the final product. I was very skeptical after the release of The Elder Blood trailer because the graphically fidelity did appear to take a further hit, which was further cemented in my mind when they released the Xbox gameplay of the griffin fight.

HOWEVER, we *were* promised that the graphically fidelity seen in the SOD trailer was achievable on a high end PC. This is simply not the case.

Yes, the game is very similar in style/aesthetic, but ultimately the final product falls short of the quality shown in the SOD trailer. I cannot find some of the images I wanted to use as comparison, but a good example is the fly-by scene of Novigrad in the trailer, compared to standing at a distance in Novigrad. The LOD and texture quality have significantly been reduced. From my experience playing the game, you simply cannot achieve the sort of quality that was shown to us.

So, I ask of CDPR, please patch this game so that SOD quality is achievable.

I think the worst in the game are the textures and color palette. Some textures in witcher 2 are far better than witcher 3. i dont know if its a bug but the utlra textures are week for ultra... see atachment

I hope for some hd textures for vegetations, some walls and vegetation. And put an option choice for two color pallets: an european pallete (less color, more realistic and dark) and american (more vivid color, actual pallete).

Attachments

• ultra-textures.jpg
    ultra-textures.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 58
Being an open world game, some textures will be of a lower quality sometimes, but that example in your pic is indeed pretty bad.

Are you guys serious with the graphics on this game ?

Make all the hair shiny and realistic who cares about the foliage which makes 10 year old games look better. I'd guess people spend more time looking at foliage than hair. The grass looks straight out of a game from 2007. Well done

So I just got to the part in the trailer. I felt something was off.

CDPR, love your game, but can I haz my fire back? pretty please?

This is getting ridiculous. Every couple of hours another one of these. They can't do it plain and simple. The rendering engine shown in that trailer wouldn't work for the whole world. TO do what you ask they'd have to redo the engine. That's a lot of work and money for little if any payoff. Also it would literally burn your gfx card.

Can mods just simply make one big sticky thread were all the endless unhappy graphics people could post their disappointment, instead of having a forum full of threads like this?..
"Ow ma gawd, look at this duwngrade!! CDPR lied to us, I wunt thuse sick gruphiks!!"

It really would be much better and easer to navigate the forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom