Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 3822490

How many hours did you have into the game actually. Its like you only played the intro of the game and the rest of the time you only complain about graphics.
The developers said they are going to do something about it you complaining isn't going to speed up the proccess.

From what I have seen in the sales, this graphics downgrade has actually lost Cd Projekt Red A LOT of PC fans... On Steam The Witcher 3 only has 458,628 owners, which means only 458,628 people have bought The Witcher 3 on Steam (http://steamspy.com/app/292030). Even Shadow of Mordor and GTAV sold 1 million copies on Steam within the first day of release, yet The Witcher 3 did not even reach 500k sales on Steam. I'm also willing to bet even less own the game on GoG, meaning The Witcher 3 did not even sell over 1 million copies on PC. While if you look at The Witcher 2, it sold over 1,110,055 copies on PC within its release, and The Witcher 2 was an unknown game, unlike The Witcher 3.

They have lost almost half their PC fanbase. I just hope Cd Projekt Red does not end up like Crytek (a dying company) when they sharfted their existing PC fanbase for easy console money. Crytek is dead to PC gamers. I hope CDProjekt does not end the same way, but looking at the sales, it does look like they are.
how are you so sure about that the game sold less on gog. Source? guessing doesnt count.

no one is saying that the game looks bad.... just not as good as the SOD/35min trailers

personally i prefer oprimization over graphics

Dude , why choose when we can have BOTH, Like I said , release a Sword Of Destiny Patch/UHD Textures/meshes + Lighting tweaks , place it under UBERULTRAGODLIKE setting. It will be hard to run , Yes . But PCs are only going to get faster , in 2 years time , the average gamer will be able to run that and we'll all be happy.

Dude , why choose when we can have BOTH, Like I said , release a Sword Of Destiny Patch/UHD Textures/meshes + Lighting tweaks , place it under UBERULTRAGODLIKE setting. It will be hard to run , Yes . But PCs are only going to get faster , in 2 years time , the average gamer will be able to run that and we'll all be happy.

why cant I just skip my studies and still pass the exam.

How many hours did you have into the game actually. Its like you only played the intro of the game and the rest of the time you only complain about graphics.
The developers said they are going to do something about it you complaining isn't going to speed up the proccess.

45hrs , Just playing the side quest , touched the main quest a bit , having a whale of a time. I said this is one of the best RPGs of all time.

Did CDProjekt say they were going to do something about it , please link an article/source.

Jesus PLEASE READ THE ABOVE comments before thinking we are trolling I said this so many times , I'm kinda tired.

The Game looks fine , its one of the Best RPGs Ever Made.

Does it look like the Sword of Destiny Trailer , no. Honestly though I remember Marcin being quoted saying that we can recreate the Sword of Destiny trailer , I just can't find it .

Either way , I love the game and at the same time , I hope there will be graphical upgrades.

Is it seriously wrong to want a game to look better than its original release version.

Is it wrong to install HD Texture packs , ENBs and Lighting tweaks to make the game look better?

If it can look better why not. The thing is we know it can.

---------- Updated at 11:18 AM ----------

why cant I just skip my studies and still pass the exam.

What does this have to do with anything.

90% of players wouldent be able to play the game with high end gfx anyway. The mainstream is using mid class hardware, this is a simple Fact.

I am going to sound like a broken tape recorder.

THINGS PEOPLE CAN AGREE ON.

The game Looks Fine.

The Game is awesome.

Its Probably one of the Best RPG ever made

It doesn't look like the Sword of Destiny Trailer.

A Patch that would make it look the the Sword of Destiny Trailer -Lighting Tweaks, Foilage , UHD Textures/Meshes for faces and walls/Environment WOULD BE AWESOME.

I don't care about the downgrade , whats done is done , the game is out . I just hope we get Mods/Patches , Something about the Sword of Destiny's Atmosphere is really amazing.

---------- Updated at 11:09 AM ----------

All they need to do is release Lighting Tweaks/UHD Texture/Meshes. And We have 'Close' To Sword of Destiny . Or Hurry up with Redkit 2 and let Modders do it.

I bought the game for PC and PS4 , GOG version and CE Version.

I don't know if Lighting Tweaks/UHD Texture/Meshes and Redkit 2 mod support will do it, the damage is already done. It is like Crysis 2, the game released downgraded because of Consoles with no DX11 support and looking A LOT worse than the first Crysis. Crytek tried to fix things and said sorry, and released DX11 support a few weeks later. Indeed Crysis 2 did look A LOT better after the DX11 update, but the damage was already done. We saw that Crytek sold out to consoles, so we wanted nothing more to do with them. And today you see the result.

Those hundreds of thousands of of PC fans that Cd Projekt Red have lost, they are gone forever. A lot of us PC gamers are different to console gamers, we remember when we are treated badly for a very long time, and we are VERY patient, otherwise we would not be PC gamers in the first place if we were not patient. A lot of us PC gamers also hold grudges for a VERY long time, some for life.

Just look at CoD on PC, they betrayed us and shafted us with CoD:MW2. We remembered that, now CoD on PC is dead.

For me personally, yes I still love the game, and yes I bought a copy on Steam AND a physical copy. But if they betray me again, with this new cyber punk RPG coming out, then I am out and will never buy another one of their games again. I give companies one chance, then I am out.

Last edited:
also am pretty its gonna the first thing to mod, and dont forget that you can increase the view distance and density of foliage with ini tweaks

Yes, you can change this things, but you can't change the most important thing about the foliage, grass, vegetation etc. its quality.

90% of players wouldent be able to play the game with high end gfx anyway. The mainstream is using mid class hardware, this is a simple Fact.

I'm not sure if everyone is just super ignorant or trolling. But I'm going to try to be as patient and civil as possible.

Releasing a Sword of Destiny Lighting Tweak / UHD Mesh/Textures for Foilage/faces/Environments WILL Not impact the game's performance. Its like Releasing Ubersampling for the Witcher 2. If you have a High end Card/SLI Setup , you'll be able to run it. if you don't you'll still be able to run the game at its base medium-High setup and get the performance you desire.

Hey guys,

I never really cared about this downgrade issue. I think the game looks great in so many places, so I accepted that there are some places which don't look as great. But there are definitely textures in the game that have to be forgotten by the devs, there is no way that these are supposed to look like this:

1. Look at the upper left corner of this image:

And here in the upper half of the screen:

Like I said, I don't care for all that downgrade fuss... but the devs have to know about these forgotten textures. No way this is supposed to look like this. Not even Witcher 1 has these low-poly substitutions for textures.

Last edited:
I don't know if Lighting Tweaks/UHD Texture/Meshes and Redkit 2 mod support will do it, the damage is already done. It is like Crysis 2, the game released downgraded because of Consoles with no DX11 support and looking A LOT worse than the first Crysis. Crytek tried to fix things and said sorry, and released DX11 support a few weeks later. Indeed Crysis 2 did look A LOT better after the DX11 update, but the damage was already done. We saw that Crytek sold out to consoles, so we wanted nothing more to do with them. And today you see the result.

Those hundreds of thousands of of PC fans that Cd Projekt Red have lost, they are gone forever. A lot of us PC gamers are different to console gamers, we remember when we are treated badly for a very long time, and we are VERY patient, otherwise we would not be PC gamers in the first place if we were not patient. A lot of us PC gamers also hold grudges for a VERY long time, some for life.

Just look at CoD on PC, they betrayed us and shafted us with CoD:MW2. We remembered that, now CoD on PC is dead.

For me personally, yes I still love the game, and yes I bought a copy on Steam AND a physical copy. But if they betray me again, with this new cyber punk RPG coming out, then I am out and will never buy another one of their games again. I give companies one chance, then I am out.

This super crazy negativity needs to stop , its why developers don't care about PC gamers , I said it . Valve doesn't care , Bethesda doesn't care , the Paid Mods BS is proof , I'm sure CD Projekt won't try that Stunt. Rockstar doesn't care , Red Dead is not out for PC.

This whole I'm going to boycott self importance is why most developers like Ubisoft assume PC gamers to be a bunch of whining Pirates.

Hey guys,

I never really cared about this downgrade issue. I think the game looks great in so many places, so I accepted that there are some places which don't look as great. But there are definitely textures in the game that have to be forgotten by the devs, there is no way that these are supposed to look like this:

1. Look at the upper left corner of this image:

And here in the uppe half of the screen:

Like I said, I don't care for all that downgrade fuss... but the devs have to know about these forgotten textures. No way this is supposed to look like this. Not even Witcher 1 has these low-poly substitutions for textures.

Which is why I am seriously hoping they release a UHD Texture pack , I am going to be a broken recorder and say the game looks fine overall.

But some of the textures are quite disturbing.

Why would you not cancel once you knew the graphics were not the same, Its not like it was a secret. I don't get people. Better to complain than to play something that meets your expectations? What a waste of life/time on the planet. Wait until you get older and realize how fast it all goes by. Speaking of not wasting time... time for more Witcher 3. I feel sorry fpr the people waiting until the smoke matches the video from 2013, hope your not one of the 151,600 people who die each day.
First of all, I don't accept personal attacks, second, this is "Witcher 3 Graphics" thread, if you want just to insult someone, this is not the right place, I speak from a technical perspective in the correct thread.I already told that the game is more than fine but here we talk about graphics and imagine how good it would look if no consoles had been involved.Exactly what ceo stated after the release of the game. I play games since ecstatica and another world, now I don't play so offen but when I saw the 2013 trailer I was blown away and I was waiting till the release, I bought the game to support the small company because I am from europe too and I would like to support them.. but the game dispite the fact that has beatiful story etc etc.. in technical terms in graphics is 4-5 years back.. if you exclude the characters and the faces, the enviroment graphics are not better and maybe worst that W2. Ok, it is an open world but it could be better and we know it, they know it.. I also said about GTA V because the company relesed the games two years later on PCs and it looks awesome.. and it is open world too btw.. and remember what happened with crytek and crysis 2 when the decided to do the same.. At least CDPR acknowledged that it was their fault to change the rendering mechanism etc. Hope they will rework the game and do an enhanced edition for the PC..

Last edited:
Steam is always the main platform people buy on. I would be VERY surprised if GoG sold more than Steam. And even if they did, is it enough to carry the sales over 1 million?

This arrogance needs to stop, I'm saying this as a PC gamer with a pretty high end rig , I run the game at 4K with 2 way GTX 980SLI.

But thinking that the developers need PC Gamers more than PC gamers need developers is laughable . We rely on them to optimize their games for OUR Systems . Good example right now this game runs badly on Kepler GPUs compared to Maxwell.

We rely on them to Bring their games here on PC. Many Great games I've played on PS3 , Vanquish , Red Dead Redemption are still not out on PC.

This whole Boycott , losing faith. I'm never going to buy, you wonder why most developers treat most of us like pirates who just want to play the game without paying.

This super crazy negativity needs to stop , its why developers don't care about PC gamers , I said it . Valve doesn't care , Bethesda doesn't care , the Paid Mods BS is proof , I'm sure CD Projekt won't try that Stunt. Rockstar doesn't care , Red Dead is not out for PC.

This whole I'm going to boycott self importance is why most developers like Ubisoft assume PC gamers to be a bunch of whining Pirates.

I'm sorry, but how is not buying a game mean you are a filthy pirate? So what, if a company is in the wrong and we don't buy their game because of it, then WE as customers are in the wrong? Are you serious? If people don't buy their game then the company are the only ones to blame. Not buying a game because you don't like it is the responsible adult thing to do.
And those companies don't care about PC Gamers because they can't boss us around like console gamers, they know the majority of us are not sheeple blind fanboys like console gamers are.

This may seem extreme, but yes-men fascists like you who try to crush all criticism of a company and a game are the cancer of the gaming industry. You started this fight with insults, not me!

---------- Updated at 11:32 AM ----------

This arrogance needs to stop, I'm saying this as a PC gamer with a pretty high end rig , I run the game at 4K with 2 way GTX 980SLI.

But thinking that the developers need PC Gamers more than PC gamers need developers is laughable . We rely on them to optimize their games for OUR Systems . Good example right now this game runs badly on Kepler GPUs compared to Maxwell.

We rely on them to Bring their games here on PC. Many Great games I've played on PS3 , Vanquish , Red Dead Redemption are still not out on PC.

This whole Boycott , losing faith. I'm never going to buy, you wonder why most developers treat most of us like pirates who just want to play the game without paying.

PC gamers don't NEED any existing gaming company. There are thousands of indie companies popping up every year, there are many who would replace any gaming company that would stop making games for PC. We don't "need" them.

Last edited:
First of all, I don't accept personal attacks, second, this is "Witcher 3 Graphics" thread, if you want just to insult someone, this is not the right place, I speak from a technical perspective in the correct thread.I already told that the game is more than fine but here we talk about graphics and imagine how good it would look if no consoles had been involved.Exactly what ceo stated after the release of the game. I was playing games since ecstatica and flashback, now I don't play so offen but when I saw the 2013 trailer I was blown away and I was waiting till the release, I bought the game to support the small company because I am from europe too and I would like to support them.. but the game dispite the fact that has beatiful story etc etc.. in technical terms in graphics is 4-5 years back.. if you exclude the characters and the faces, the enviroment graphics are not better and maybe worst that W2. Ok, it is an open world but it could be better and we know it, they know it.. I also said about GTA V because the company relesed the games two years later on PCs and it looks awesome.. and it is open world too btw.. and remember what happened with crytek and crysis 2 when the decided to do the same.. At least CDPR acknowledged that it was their fault to change the rendering mechanism etc. Hope they will rework the game and do an enhanced edition for the PC..

Marcin said We will be able to recreate the Scenes from Sword of Destiny , can someone pull out that quote , I seriously know it exist but I can't find it. Anyways the game is good.

The game is also released there is nothing we can do about it now , I just hope they release some lighting tweaks and UHD Textures and Meshes , if we can get close to the 35minute gameplay demo and Sword of Destiny I will be super happy.

---------- Updated at 11:37 AM ----------

I'm sorry, but how is not buying a game mean you are a filthy pirate? So what, if a company is in the wrong and we don't buy their game because of it, then WE as customers are in the wrong? Are you serious? If people don't buy their game then the company are the only ones to blame. Not buying a game because you don't like it is the responsible adult thing to do.
And those companies don't care about PC Gamers because they can't boss us around like console gamers, they know the majority of us are not sheeple blind fanboys like console gamers are.

This may seem extreme, but yes-men fascists like you are try to crush all criticism of a company and a game are the cancer of the gaming industry.

---------- Updated at 11:32 AM ----------

PC gamers don't NEED any existing gaming company. There are thousands of indie companies popping up every year, there are many who would replace any gaming company that would stop making games for PC. We don't "need" them.

I'm not trying to crush criticism , I find it pointless to rant about what has been done , the game is out . Ranting about it does no good . If it can be fixed I'm fine with it.

If you think indies are going to make games like Witcher 3 , Metal Gear Solid V , Grand Theft Auto , Red Dead . You are living in another dimension .

I don't spend a few grand on an SLI rig to play indie games that require less than GTX 560 to run.

Besides like I said , there are lots of great games that I hope will come out for PC , Vanquish and Red Dead are two of them.

I have no problem with people saying they are not buying the game actually , but if you read any forum you'll find that with the added comment of I'm going to pirate it. -_-

By the way , this is a serious thing If you say you aren't going to buy it , then don't pirate it as a PC gamer , I hate Ubisoft , This comes from playing on both Console and PC and the next 2 years I'm not going to touch their games.

Guest 3822490

45hrs , Just playing the side quest , touched the main quest a bit , having a whale of a time. I said this is one of the best RPGs of all time.

Did CDProjekt say they were going to do something about it , please link an article/source.

Jesus PLEASE READ THE ABOVE comments before thinking we are trolling I said this so many times , I'm kinda tired.

The Game looks fine , its one of the Best RPGs Ever Made.

Does it look like the Sword of Destiny Trailer , no. Honestly though I remember Marcin being quoted saying that we can recreate the Sword of Destiny trailer , I just can't find it .

Either way , I love the game and at the same time , I hope there will be graphical upgrades.

Is it seriously wrong to want a game to look better than its original release version.

Is it wrong to install HD Texture packs , ENBs and Lighting tweaks to make the game look better?

If it can look better why not. The thing is we know it can.

---------- Updated at 11:18 AM ----------

What does this have to do with anything.

I was talking too the other guy not to you and the developers said it in the article with from eurogamer.
And people comparing it too the a trailer what is that.
A trailer is a pre rendered video so that comparison doesnt make any sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking too the other guy not to you and the developers said it in the article with from eurogamer.

Can you link the article , I'll give you a redpoint right here and now , cause if they said they are going to improve the graphics I'm beyond stoked , and I don't mean the Day 1 Patch , I already have it and it looks Ok. Sitting side by side , my 4K Witcher on Ultra looks Marginally better than my Ps4 Witcher.

Steam is always the main platform people buy on. I would be VERY surprised if GoG sold more than Steam. And even if they did, is it enough to carry the sales over 1 million?
you are forgetting something, Physical copies of this game (which you can buy from another retailer or a nearby shop) arent steam bound. So you argument is pretty much flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom