Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't CDPR get the same backlash Watch Dogs did? Optimization & Gameplay << This was the focus, and the graphics are amazing no idea why people are complaining about it.

Indeed, the graphics are wonderful even with all settings on medium which is what I'm playing at. I couldn't be happier with the graphics, they're gorgeous. So why pretend they were better than they actually are at E3? It's just typical behaviour from the toxic world of video game development today.

Why every comment ; thread and video on YouTube when someone is taking about graphics people say the same thing? "W3 is amazing play the dam thing and stop whining".... Well is not like that.

Cd projekt didn't sell only videogames ; millions of dollars where invested in new rigs and graphics cards only for this game

Some folks around here knew this " downgrade months ago but official employers denied any kind of false statement "

The last response of Cd projekt is a big lie. They didn't explain nothing about 35 minutes gameplay: Huge features where Cut down without even a good reason. Facial animations too. Thanks I'm not the only one here Who think the same .

For me with all due respect: this is damage control and one big parity marketing. SOD and the last gameplay uses the same rendering engine. We need a patch and everyone will be okay.

How many threads ; how many hundreds of videos on YouTube are needed to spread this message to the developers. He'll even pages like kotaku are talking about the downgrade. 300.000 people from Spain where asking a response and millions of other people not just from Europe/ America are taking about this whole situation

The game is truelly amazing But please no matter if you are a fanboy of this franchise. Let Pc gamers spread their feelings and mature arguments about this whole situation

Honestly if they released a Sword of Destiny Graphical Update , I'll be so happy .

Either that or someone figures out a way to mod in Sword of Destiny.

Look it comes down to this simple thing - The Witcher 3 uses a different game engine as GTA V - It is like bashing Pillars Of Eternity for not having dynamic weather. I just get so frustrated with people not being able to think logically - If The Witcher used the same game engine as GTA V and they still didn't implement many of the features then sure bash away - but let us compare apples with apples. Does GtA V have better lightning yes , does Witcher 3 look less cartoony than GTA V - Yes .... so now what? I think gamers tend to think the whole gaming community owes them something - Bashing developers who spent countless hours is fruitless and uncalled for - I think the Storms in Witcher 3 looks incredible ... Here is a vid that i captured myself last night - no mods or sweetfx installed ..... If this looks crap to you then I would love to know what games do you play that looks better and what hardware you use .... Witcher 3 is byfar the best looking RPG to date. ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC6L6RSSEQ8

Without doubts, but the fact remains which has been significantly downgraded.

What is done has already been done , there is no point beating a dead horse . I remember there being a 5000+posts thread about the 'downgrade' pre release. The only reason those threads got shut down is because everytime someone means the 'd' word , people get very emotional and start insulting developers.

This thread needs to stay OPEN.

past vs. today

Yes it has , but people need to deal with it - A setup with Titan X sli struggles to keep 60fps on ultra with 4k resolution - So i cannot help to think that CDPR downgraded so that everybody could have a chance at playing their game rather than 1% of less of the gaming community. Remember they didn't downgrade because they felt like it - they downgraded for a valid reason and the reason is that they wanted people to play their game. We as gamers need to except that games will be downgraded. If every gamer on the planet had the newest quad sli setup then it would have been a different story.

Last edited:
Yes it has , but people need to deal with it - A setup with Titan X sli struggles to keep 60fps on ultra with 4k resolution - So i cannot help to think that CDPR downgraded so that everybody could have a chance at playing their game rather than 1% of less of the gaming community. Remember they didn't downgrade because they felt like it - they downgraded for a valid reason and the reason is that they wanted to have people play their game. We as gamers need to except that games will be downgraded. If every gamer on the planet had the newest quad sli setup then it would have been a different story.

I'm running dual SLI 980s running the game at 4K. I'd personally run the game at 1080P /30FPS if I could get the Visual look of the SOD Trailer.

People need to stop making this bad argument , they can always release a UHD Texture/meshes pack , Lighting Tweaks , Soft Particles.

Make an UberUltra setting, those who want performance will play at medium/high like they currently do . Those that have the hardware will play at UberUltra. In 5 years time most people will be able to run UberUltra Smoothly and everyone will be happy.

Last edited:
- So i cannot help to think that CDPR downgraded so that everybody could have a chance at playing their game rather than 1% of less of the gaming community. Remember they didn't downgrade because they felt like it - they downgraded for a valid reason and the reason is that they wanted people to play their game.

The same amount of people would still had been able to play the game, more pople would just have to play at lower settings.

I'm running dual SLI 980s running the game at 4K. I'd personally run the game at 1080P /30FPS if I could get the Visual look of the SOD Trailer.

People need to stop making this bad argument , they can always release a UHD Texture/meshes pack , Lighting Tweaks , Soft Particles.

Make an UberUltra setting, those who want performance will play at medium/high like they currently do . Those that have the hardware will play at UberUltra. In 5 years time most people will be able to run UberUltra Smoothly and everyone will be happy.
Kenjigreat I am also running dual 980 sli and maybe they will release a UHD texture pack , hell give them time at least before we all go on a Witch(er) hunt. People are pissed off because they climbed on the hype train , nothing more , nothing less ......

The same amount of people would still had been able to play the game, more pople would just have to play at lower settings.

Not lower settings the same settings , People will just be able to play at even higher settings than the current ultra offered if they have the hardware.

---------- Updated at 12:21 PM ----------

Kenjigreat I am also running dual 980 sli and maybe they will release a UHD texture pack , hell give them time at least before we all go on a Witch(er) hunt. People are pissed off because they climbed on the hype train , nothing more , nothing less ......

We are giving them time , this thread is not to flame developers like the previous threads 'yelling downgrade' or 'CD PROJEKT lied' , I at least sincerely hope this thread being on the front page is a constant reminder to CD Projekt that people here desire the Sword Of Destiny/VGX look.

The whole wanting to boycott and insulting the developers thing is really not what this thread is about.

Meanwhile , I know if they do have a response its going to take a long time . So this thread needs to exist and sit here while they come up with one.

Not lower settings the same settings , People will just be able to play at even higher settings than the current ultra offered if they have the hardware.

Exactly, the same settings. People would just have to swallow their pride and "lower" their setting it if they can't handle the real ultra.

The current ultra should really be very high.

Many would scream "unoptimized!!!" though when in actuality it's really future proofing.

I just find it interesting that people always say Gameplay before Graphics , yet the posts show otherwise ....

I just find it interesting that people always say Gameplay before Graphics , yet the posts show otherwise ....

I would happily have the graphics of this game downgraded by a decade if they'd just fix the horrific controls. Gameplay DOES come before graphics. Always.

Guest 3822490

You think its that simple just press a button and the magic world opens.
If you want the same graphics as before it means that the developers has to do alot more than tweaking some things. It requires them to do a whole overhaul of their engine and the thing is. If the developers want to go trough all this to satisfy this minority of pc gamers that keep say the same thing (like you). Seriously why do you keep repeating your self. Every time i read this thead is see your posts and they contain the same text. Do you even sleep i mean you where here yesterday and your still here.

You think its that simple just press a button and the magic world opens.
If you want the same graphics as before it means that the developers has to do alot more than tweaking some things. It requires them to do a whole overhaul of their engine and the thing is. If the developers want to go trough all this to satisfy this minority of pc gamers that keep say the same thing (like you). Seriously why do you keep repeating your self. Every time i read this thead is see your posts and they contain the same text. Do you even sleep i mean you where here yesterday and your still here.

I don't , do you see me demanding from CD Projekt a schedule or telling them they need to release a Patch NOW? The developers need to take time if they want to respond I can understand that.

I'm just waiting. I keep repeating myself because people keep bringing up the whole unoptimised argument which is a very misinformed. Somehow thinking better Ultra settings would make it unplayable for the average user. If people stop bringing up that argument and claiming it to be gospel I would have saved myself a lot of time.

I actually did sleep very very well about 16hrs ago for 7hrs which I heard is good enough for most people.

The fact that this thread has 68 pages and a ton of views and the fact that the Most downloaded SweetFX presets contain the words Sword Of Destiny/E3/VGX/2014/2013 Shows that not just a minority of PC gamers want this.

I have always stated in my post I will not flame the developers or use yell the 'd' word . I'm actually just here sitting patiently exercising my right to post.

I'm probably going to be here on and off while I listen to music and leisurely read different forums/and while I'm not playing the game . So if you are sick of me , I'm sorry. Plan => Keep This Thread ALIVE. Developers need to know there are people that won't curse them out /yell boycott or threaten them and these people love the game and think the game can look better.

---------- Updated at 01:13 PM ----------

I think you are using a very weak strawman argument , I cannot speak for everyone here but I personally adore the game .

Its just that like so many people here I feel that this game could benefit strongly from how the VGX/Sword Of Destiny Trailers look.

It would really add to the immersiveness and atmosphere of a dark world.

Besides , I could spend 10+pages discussing the subtle details I love , the amazing sidequest , the time I spent with Gwent and how much I love the gameplay but I would be in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom