Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I vastly prefer Yennefer's present design & look to her one from the reveal trailer. Sure this current one isn't as graphically advanced or whatever but aesthetically I like it better.

The whole Reshade Sweet Effex thing. I don;t know. It looks great on screnshots and some video comparisons, but every time i tried, no matter the preset it looked like crap(personal opinion). I prefer vanilla. However that "cut scene lighting" video is VERY impressive.

The whole Reshade Sweet Effex thing. I don;t know. It looks great on screnshots and some video comparisons, but every time i tried, no matter the preset it looked like crap(personal opinion). I prefer vanilla. However that "cut scene lighting" video is VERY impressive.

Yep, the cut scene lighting (for my opinion) it's much better than any sweetfx (nothing blue tone etc..) because it's simply the same lighting system with colors more "live".

reshade and sweetfx looks like shit most of the time
they take pictures of the best looking places in the game

I am waiting for some good old fashion looking enbs

Last edited:
The cut-scene lighting has a lot more shadow sources, it isn't simply more vivid. The textures also need major work. Most of world textures are muddy as hell when viewed up close, there are decade old games with better textures. The geometry was cut to hell as well, with stone walls having corners that look like they were drawn with a T Square. Where is this promised editor so maybe we can go about fixing some of these issues, or was that a lie too?

Basically any game where a gun is present is going for that kind of look and given the amount of games focusing predominantly on the shooting, its a really tired "art style" that needs to go away. Hell, even the new Batman game went out of its way to give everything this metallic, grey-esque shine to it and doesn't work.

What "look" are you talking about in first person shooters? ALL modern FPS are very vivid with colors. Titanfall, CoD, Battlefield etc., (even the recent Wolfstein New Order) all have a very colorful palettes. So I have no idea of what you are talking about.

As for Batman. That game has always been darker and less saturated and rightly so given the context. However this last title, actually, is more vibrant in colors than the previous ones (look at the various gameplay trailers). So I really have no idea what you are looking into but it's exactly the contrary of what you are saying. Please provide me an example of a FPS of the last two/three years with a desaturated palette. It would be much if you can find me one, while if you go back 8-10 years you could find a lot of them (some titles even spanning a complete IP, as for example the STALKER games).

P.S: "metallic grey-esque shine" has nothing to do with color palette. The two things are separated.

---------- Updated at 02:53 PM ----------

reshade and sweetfx looks like shit most of the time
they take pictures of the best looking places in the game

Listen, I understand that you don't like SweetFX but would you please (please) stop lying? I never took the "best shots" for my preset (I actually suck great time at taking screenshots and I always did) and I assure you that in comparison to how the game looks in those screenshots in game it is three times as better (practically all my shots are taken from White Orchard or Velen that are the two areas with the worst lightening/atmosphere in the game; there's neither ONE shot of Skellige). So please say whatever you like about but stop posting lies.

Let's make a bet, go here and use this preset of mine:
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3817/

Use it and take a shot, whatever shot you want in the game, casually, and then let's see if it will look worse than the same one in vanilla (use Scroll Lock to disable the effect and take the shot again, this time without the effect), or if your shot will look worse than the ones I posted in that page. Do we have a deal? Let's see.

You can have the opinion you want on SweetFX but if you then accuse Reshade authors of fabricating shots appositely for their presets to look good then I have a problem with it given I'm an author of a preset myself and I've never done something like that,

Last edited:
i am not talking about your ugly screenshots, the only thing that your preset does better is the sharpening effect. thats because the game wont let you adjust the sharpening effect thats already in the game

So patch 1.05 installs its own .dlls that kill ReShade/Sweet FX. The question is do the new .dlls provide anything worth keeping or should wse overwrite with Sweet Fx?

---------- Updated at 11:56 AM ----------

Hmm. I wonder if it attempted to remove the one added in by the dlc's (possibly in error), as now I have no dxgi.dll file at all.............. Hmm.

i am not talking about your ugly screenshots, the only thing that your preset does better is the sharpening effect. thats because the game wont let you adjust the sharpening effect thats already in the game

To much sharpening, especially in distance isnt the best thing.

NAUGHTY WORDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet FX is crap dude. The only good thing about it is injectable SMAA, other than that it's just a bunch of artificial post processing crap. I mean I'm not gonna hate on your screenshots, there are plenty of people, including you, that like that sort of thing, but it does not really improve the fidelity of the graphics by any measurable metric. It changes the aesthetic and colors/contrast. ENB does improves graphical effects, but that can't be used in DX11 as far as I know. This game needs a lighting, tesselation and shadow overhaul and none of that is coming until the Redkit gets released or CDPR does it themselves unfortunately.

Please stop getting upset over shader mods. It's great when we can discuss them but heated arguments over utterly subjective settings are detrimental.

First off, I never insulted you, I just merely said that your screenshots dont look that good.

Secondly, I never said that the sharpening effect was the only difference between vanilla and your preset, what I meant was that the lumasharpening effect was the only improvement I saw. All other tweaks you have done, dont make the game look better in any way.

Third, I find it funny that you are calling me a liar while at the same you name your own mod "- _Real E3 2014 look v2.0 (Redone)

" even so it doesnt remotely looks close to the e3 footage. Which in my opinion is quite missleading

Lastly, I never said that they cheated, I merely said that most of them usually picked spots where the lightning by itself already looks good enough.

If i am not allow to judge your graphical mod, what give you the entitlement to judge over the graphics of the game

Try not to use so much explicit language

---------- Updated at 09:02 PM ----------

This one was taken with only lumasharpening enabled and all vanilla settings maxed out with ingame sharpening on low
this one is your preset
And the last one is purely vanilla maxed out with sharpening on low, In my opinion the first one with only lumasharpening enabled is the best looking one

---------- Updated at 09:02 PM ----------

Where is @essenthy? Can he at least tell us about the progress (like, does mod will be compatible with latest patch?) There are so many peoples waiting for Cutscene Lightning mod :)

Someone needs to start a Patreon if we can get People working on more graphical mods since we don't have any news from CD Projekt , and I'm guessing we wouldn't get news till this thread hits 1000 pages.

I'd Gladly donate.

Someone needs to start a Patreon if we can get People working on more graphical mods since we don't have any news from CD Projekt , and I'm guessing we wouldn't get news till this thread hits 1000 pages.

I'd Gladly donate.

I seriously start to doubt CDPR's dedication to PC gamers. First the downgrade and now there probably will be some issue with releasing the RedKit.
My admiration has waned....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom