Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutscene lighting mods

After a bit more playing around, apart from the broken rain related weather types, this mod seems to be a really nice drop in alongside sweetfx. Depending on the scene it goes from subtle to mindblowing, and definitely worth adding to your game.

I played a few mins of vanilla with the mod installed, and in my personal opinion its required to have a sweetfx profile that brightens the shadows. If the shadows are this dark in the vanilla game apologies its on the expectation then.

Definitely recommended. The mod looks like just a bunch of csv's, i'll take a look on the weekend to see if the white lightbox cloudy types can just be replaced with something else, as they're definitely broken (the white fog is only present in these weathers). If the original authors have not done so already by then.

Thanks @essenthy for the info that told the other guy how to achieve it. We know it started from you!

Last edited:
Perhaps the preset I made can make the wait for the Redkit, ENBs and a potential graphical upgrade from CDPR themselves a little bit easier.

I will follow the progress of the cutscene lighting mod and eventually I might do an alternative version of my preset that works well with that really promising mod. :)

I think the best thing they can do is in an update or patch give us an option to have preset colour filters for the game, Red Dead Redemption had it and so does The Last of Us. Having different filters would be great, choosing from options such as gritty, realistic, vibrant, saturated, sepia and default would be awesome. Especially for the console versions as currently we can't mess around with the colour settings much in comparison to the pc mods.

Having different filters would be great, choosing from options such as gritty, realistic, vibrant, saturated, sepia and default would be awesome. Especially for the console versions as currently we can't mess around with the colour settings much in comparison to the pc mods.

I agree. I always love it when games include that type of option in the settings.

The only difference in those shots I can make out immidiately are the lack of artificial blue light on Geralts hair and decreased distance till the fog sets in. On my system I noticed that SSAO was completely fubar with the mod installed, as you already mentioned Jim. Looking foward to Essenthys version tho, maybe it will work better with SSAO. HBAO+ seems to be one of the settings that kills my system. -5 FPS on average and insane amounts of stuttering.

Is Essenthy even going to release his version? After KNG's came out he's been completely quiet and hasn't said anything.

Just a quick random one.. i'm in witcher graphics heaven.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/154/?
Plus my preset
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3742/

A bit speechless at how good it looks to my eyes. Some notes

- My profile is a realistic one. It looks crazy uncolored when you first change to it.. but give it a few mins, test it out on your favourite scenes, once you're used to it, the more colorful ones look just as insane as this one does when you first load it. Its so far off vanilla it takes a few minutes to register theres still color.
- The white fog people notice in the cutscene lighting only occurs when the weather involves rain of some type. After a bit of playing you see it in action without the fog and its amazing. When the fog does appear again its easy to forgive via rp.
- My preset fixes the cutscene lighting darker shadows.
- Mornings, afternoons and nights with cutscene lighting.. crazy good.

Yeah i know most people here like the cartoon colours, but just in case anyone hasn't given this a go and doesnt mind a realistic look... well, i hope it makes you as happy as its making me right now. *grin*

Last edited:
yesterday i was in the middle of the story line. On course at the start of the main quest on skellige.Not aware what happened around me. fully into the story.....until the scene showed me an object appearing and disappering in the background on sea. (I'm describing it this way to avoid spoilers). gone was the moment...a real shame.
Not the first time this kind of stuff is getting me out of the story. I like the game very much , so this kind of things are a real let down for me in this game. Hope it will be fixed.

Plus my preset

- My profile is a realistic one. It looks crazy uncolored when you first change to it.. but give it a few mins, test it out on your favourite scenes, once you're used to it, the more colorful ones look just as insane as this one does when you first load it. Its so far off vanilla it takes a few minutes to register theres still color.
- The white fog people notice in the cutscene lighting only occurs when the weather involves rain of some type. After a bit of playing you see it in action without the fog and its amazing. When the fog does appear again its easy to forgive via rp.

Yeah i know most people here like the cartoon colours, but just in case anyone hasn't given this a go and doesnt mind a realistic look... well, i hope it makes you as happy as its making me right now. *grin*

can you please post some screenshots using 4.4 and cutscene lighting mod?

Plus my preset

There is nothing realistic about those screens in your preset page. This is the farthest thing from "realistic"

I use a preset that desaturates a little bit, sure, but there is a point where it just becomes ridiculous. This literally looks like someone poured a bunch of bleach lol.

Well, since we are here exchanging presets. I finally finished my personal E3 one (well, I could also change the title because I don't care that much if it looks the same as the E3 demo, I just care for it to be beautiful, but naturally the two things go in common as the lightning in the 35 gameplay demo was very good imo) and so if someone is interested you can take a look at it.

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3817/

Or the full bundle that includes also the medieval preset and the VGX one (well, this last is just for fun, really, but strangely someone either likes it; people are strange):
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/132/?

Screenshots are pre final version so please if you want to evaluate the E3 preset be sure to try it in game. I think I spent more time in tuning that preset than to make a complete C++ program ;)

As for the cutscene mod :
I like the cutscene mod but there are some points that still needs tweaking. The problem is that no tweaking is possible so it will be difficult to tailor it so as the drawbacks are removed. In some places the cutscene lightning is much better, in some other it is actually worse than default, for how I see it.

Last edited:
As for the cutscene mod :
I like the cutscene mod but there are some points that still needs tweaking. The problem is that no tweaking is possible so it will be difficult to tailor it so as the drawbacks are removed. In some places the cutscene lightning is much better, in some other it is actually worse than default, for how I see it.

Working on userializing the .env files currently. Thank god Sir_Kane decompiled the game's source code already! ;) Meaning, soon we will be able to directly manipulate values for the variables stored in the .env files!

Working on userializing the .env files currently. Thank god Sir_Kane decompiled the game's source code! ;) Meaning, soon we will be able to directly manipulate values for the variables stored in the .env files!

That's wonderful news indeed! I'm glad to hear that.

Okay they seriously need to fix the igni impact effect. bwah

1. It is just awful. Low resolution, ugly, strange looking. There is nothing good about it.

2. It disregards the laws of physics and chemistry, showing up on snow, and surfaces under water.

I would honestly rather there not be any sort of impact effect shader and just keep it as a few sparks and flames hitting the surface for a second.

In fact, that actually works a lot better. Why the heck would a burst of sparks leave such an insane scorched earth effect on every surface?

Okay they seriously need to fix the igni impact effect. bwah

1. It is just awful. Low resolution, ugly, strange looking. There is nothing good about it.

2. It disregards the laws of physics and chemistry, showing up on snow, and surfaces under water.

I would honestly rather there not be any sort of impact effect shader and just keep it as a few sparks and flames hitting the surface for a second.

In fact, that actually works a lot better. Why the heck would a burst of sparks leave such an insane scorched earth effect on every surface?

Not only IGNI impact but the particles too. Not effected by wind, sparkles moves with little pauses, fake collusion effect and so on. Not really what we saw before. In GDC this was best looking effect. :(

Not only IGNI impact but the particles too. Not effected by wind, sparkles moves with little pauses, fake collusion effect and so on. Not really what we saw before. In GDC this was best looking effect. :(

Eh? I think they look the same now as in GDC. And that was only a little bit ago.

can you please post some screenshots using 4.4 and cutscene lighting mod?

Yeah at some point. I've clocked 70 hours already and am only up to the quest to go see triss in novigrad.

Is that your mod on nexus? Could I make a request/suggestion!?

Any chance you could make an alternate especially for the novigrad csv that sets the probability of the weather types that cause the bad white skybox to zero? Assuming that actually disables them. It sounds like you're trying to fix them proper which is the high ground, but some people are sensitive and it may be received well in the meantime! I'm just feeling lazy to install the debug console mod and find out which weather types they are :) Anyways, thanks for the mod.

Try my preset anyway. Load a save to a small village and meditate to 6-9pm. That's the best to get some advertisement screenshots. The forests around when it rains is also very nice.

---------- Updated at 10:01 PM ----------

The game would have been much better if they kept that gloomy and closer to reality aesthetic.

Try my preset :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom