Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the water in the first image. It actually looks like shitty swamp water.... not something I would want to walk through. I also definitely prefer the lighting and atmosphere in the original as well.

Though it looks like the screenshot from the actual game was taken with a shitty sweetfx preset so.... I'll have to try and replicate that one myself. Either way, it will end in disappointment.

It's not the sweetfx it's the Fyke Island lighting.It has separate 'foggy' lighting so the sunset/sunrise will always look like that no matter what sfx preset you're using.

Same TOD and weather,I just paused the game and moved the camera.

Last edited:
You know what is sad .. With all due respect from the comunity and Moderators.... There was like 4 threads about downgrade with more than 2000 pages between all of them . They have been locked or deleted . So we have to defend ourselves in a Post about " graphics" and now people are making off topic arguments here - . Maybe we will get those 1000 pages but nothing will change - I know we need to keep trying hard but then again .. the last downgrade title was full of good arguments but was locked a few weeks before w3 release . You know is not fair but the Honest Company we know for years is not longer here.

I'm pretty certain we will hear a response when this thread hits 1000 pages , if we don't I'm out of words.

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/epics-unreal-engine-open-world-behind-the-scenes/

If only Witcher 3 was made in UE4 using this technology, or the next Witcher game.

That map is 260 square kilometres or 100 square miles.

Witcher 3's map is around 140-150 square kilometres all areas combined.

Most of it was procedurally generated using intelligent algorithms for vegetation and tree growth.

It will be released for free for everyone this week, you will be able to get it through the UE4 toolkit.

Skip to 0:50 here

Real time cutscene made in some small parts of the world:

You can see that the LOD pop in is almost not noticeable even when the camera pans and zooms around.

The LOD in this game is horrible. I mean pretty good damn awful , I need to stand 1 feet away from NPCs to get his face to popin in Novigrad . That has 0 to do with Graphics settings , it happens on a GTX 980 at 1080P Medium with or without SLI.

Pop in seems worst in 1.05, yet Performance dropped...sigh. Anway, worst LOD I find is character's hair. They llok like pape cutout until you are near them at times.

---------- Updated at 10:09 PM ----------

I checked a bit of FF15 demo, & wow, is it me or does the water looks great. Hopefully we get a water upgrade.

Hmmm.

HMMMM.

Downgrade talk bores me. Appeals to CDPR to change their very successful game that they love, seem unlikely.

Neeeeeeither of these topics is particulary Witcher 3 Graphics focussed. Well, the DG talk would be - but we went over that months ago and the vast majority think the graphics are as good, only different. Some like it better. Me, I prefer a lighting mod.

BUT MORE TO THE POINT:

Don't go there again, or, well,you know. I AM NOT REKNOWNED FOR MY MERCY.

Pop in seems worst in 1.05, yet Performance dropped...sigh. Anway, worst LOD I find is character's hair. They llok like pape cutout until you are near them at times.

---------- Updated at 10:09 PM ----------

I checked a bit of FF15 demo, & wow, is it me or does the water looks great. Hopefully we get a water upgrade.

too bad the combat will suck hard though..i have a feeling this particular game will become the next big failure after Destiny

The characters do not appeal to me, I have not play a FF since 10. but I can't help noticing the water. It actually reflect the lights & surrounding pretty good. Nice refections too.

too bad the combat will suck hard though..i have a feeling this particular game will become the next big failure after Destiny

By checked a bit do you mean played it or watched it. Either way has nothing to do with the Witcher 3 Graphics.

---------- Updated at 12:17 AM ----------

The characters do not appeal to me, I have not play a FF since 10. but I can't help noticing the water. It actually reflect the lights & surrounding pretty good. Nice refections too.

Technically superior to the Witcher 3 in terms of water , Yes. Among other things.

@Sardukhar That goes exactly against what CDPR last said to us in regards to the visuals. They encouraged us to talk about it and said that they were touched about the downgrade and they will improve the game, "It's very important to stress: we are continuously working on the PC version, and we will be adding a lot of stuff, and there is more to come. We've proven it in the past that we support our games and we will be looking at the feedback and trying to make it better." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on Any graphical discussion is going to be tied in with the downgrade because most complaints were already addressed in those old videos, so why is that "boring" you? This is all completely on-topic.

so why is that "boring" you? This is all completely on-topic.

Because it turns into a flamewar. Again and again and we get report after report from threads like this.

You SHOULD be giving feedback to CDPR. See that link in my sig? Go ahead.

But don't turn the forums into an unwelcome place where people bicker back and forth over old bitterness.

CDPR understands some people weren't happy with the visuals - that in no way means you get to make the forums a less pleasant place to be.

Nor does it mean you get to ignore moderation or, well, even debate it usually.

I've had this conversation about a dozen times, in fact. It is boring.

Downgrade turns into an ugly fight - so do Platform Wars. Often linked.

You want to talk about improving W3 visuals, great! Want to talk about what you think it needs, great!

Want to go over how it's not what you think it should have been or how it was reduced, no. Don't go there. Everyone gets it.

Don't go there.

I believe generally players anticipate some kind of response from CDPR devs in regards to the enhancement directions TW3 going to get especially for PC version(where customizable level is high). Like for this thread is the graphic, where this thread is especially created for. Would be nice if devs in charge of the graphical engine could drop by and post in here to at least briefly tell the audience what's in store...

@Sardukhar What kind of posts get reported? Out of curiosity. I don't really see a flame war going on right now so I find that part strange. And why doesn't CDPR address it if the forums become a mess with it? This topic is not about the type of feedback you can submit to the links in your signature, it's the kind that should be discussed here because there's no other place for it and if you're saying we can't discuss it here what's the deal? Why did CDPR encourage us to talk about it if you say its against the rules?

---------- Updated at 12:56 AM ----------

@White_Wolf77 Yeah people keep talking about it because it's important to them. I think CDPR should address even the slightest graphical complaints rather than have a moderator delete the hot-topic category. I wonder if these threads are just destined to be locked and CDPR will never do anything :(

Why did CDPR encourage us to talk about it if you say its against the rules?

Yeah, the flamewar right -now- is quiet. It never ever stays that way. Ever. Something about the DG topic. You don't see deleted posts, because we delete them. Sometimes, you'll see me Pony a post and that'll give you an idea.

I have no idea -nor do I care - what CDPR was thinking about talking about it. If they want opinions, there are hundreds of pages already. I -suspect- they want feedback, such as in that link I gave you, as well as conversations like, "Man, I wish the water was more like FFV" or whatever.

But I don't know. I'd ask one of them, but they are crazy busy right now, with truly insane amounts of feedback. They aren't lacking for data, quite the opposite.

Nor, again, do I care what they meant. My remit is to keep the forums calm and Downgrade talk causes problems.

So, again, feel free to talk about what you'd like to change about the graphics or what you like best or what you'd do better.

But do not go into how you think the game was downgraded, your feelings on it or what it implies for the future.

Aaand that closes this conversation.

watch dogs has one of the best water simulation ive ever seen, W3 isnt that bad, its just the reflection thats quiet cheap, also sometime it dosnt blend well with the environment, especially the colors, its like a water simulation from a another game

Last edited:
watch dogs has one of the best water simulation ive ever seen, W3 isnt that bad, its just the reflection thats quiet cheap, also sometime it dosnt blend well with the environment, especially the colors, its like a water simulation from a another game

Mmm. Watch Dogs is truly splendid in water realisation. Can't think of a better one, actually. I was showing someone modern videogames and I had Aiden walk up to the water and watch the waves and Chicago's reflection in them.

Would like to see something like that either modded into W3 or in a HD pack.

have you seen ac black flags water? looked insanely good in there, even tho the engine is obviously heavily outdated when compared to Watch Dogs, Unity or W3s engine. But if people were able to fix Skyrims mess of a water system, I'm sure once the Redkit drops we will be able to get rid of the worst offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom