Witcher 3 gwent vs Thronebreaker/GWENT: TWCG gwent

+
which version of Gwent do you like better? I personally like the Witcher 3's gwent much better, loved getting all the cards, doing all the tournies, and would love to see maybe an add-on at some time to play W3 style gwent? Or load one's deck from a W3 save file. That being said, I loved Thronebreaker and hope to see a sequel or DLC for it.

I liked the sheer math it took to calculate odds in W3 gwent. That being said, I always had the Gwent difficulty at normal; how hard really is winning when it's set to the highest?

I have never tried playing TW3 Gwent on lower difficulties, but I doubt it‘s that much easier (it was the same with Thronebreaker Gwent). But even at the beginning (with bad cards...) and highest difficulty, it was usually possible to win every match.

As for the versions, I think Thronebreaker Gwent had more potential but due to the higher complixity the gameplay shortcomings were more obvious (also regarding the AI). Still, I had a lot of fun with both singleplayer versions. Overall, probably more with TW3 Gwent though.

Top Bottom