Witcher 3 has all the sexist tropes, expert verdict is in

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vatt'ghern speaks the truth, and Anita knows this. Only her followers are completely oblivious to this creatures plans at world domination, and by that I mean having Time Magazine rate her in the top 50 most inspirational women figures on her campaign to rid sexism and force her ideals on what real feminism is.

LAWLS~

Although she actually was down voted and didn't make the list... let's face it, as long as the media and her supporters push her, she will not go away.

It's trendy these days to support people who have radical world views, whichever journalist can win at being the most offended and "progressive" generally garners more clicks on their shitty articles.

Just goes to show nothing will please these hags. Some of the most powerful beings in the Witcher world are female who can wield elements at their finger tips, create massive barriers, hail down meteor fire on a massive scale etc etc. What more do you want? Not only are they powerful sorceresses but they are strong as females. Individuals, free thinkers, strong headed etc etc. And those are just the sorceresses. Squads of scoiatel are lead by women just as well as men. And yes, in the word of the Witcher lots of women are put down, downtrodden and live crap lives under the whims of others. That's part of having a good story, everything being rosy and sparkly so your feelings aren't hurt is just downright boring and depthless, and its not good fantasy. Nothing will ever please these people, they just want everything in the world to be bland and lifeless. I feel both pity and anger towards devs that fall for the bullshit these people spew because all it does is corrupt their projects vision and it never ends up pleasing them. In fact most of the time it just angers them even more because the content is ham-fisted. All it ends up doing is ruining it for the people who truly care about the game or story or whatever it is.

The world ( both real and in The Witcher's ) is brutal. Historically the women have been treated like shit because they are physically weaker sex ( arguing this is plain stupid) and in a world where brutal force and wars reign and man is reduced to an animal, they are an easy prey. It has always been like that and always will especially in war times. As for the oversexualization of women, from what I'm seeing it's very much happening in the real world right now, with many of the women consciously choosing to represent themselves in that way( numerous celebrity sluts are an example). This feminist agenda is bullshit, PC is bullshit, instead of realizing what kind of world we live in and always have lived, they try to force us their utopistic views and act like they invented hot water. Treating women is bad...well no shit. But to believe that they will somehow change that by complaining about a video game is absurd. Focus on the real world problems and stop making money by attacking the one thing I am sure has nothing to do with women being treated badly, video games. Would I like the world to live in peace forever...absolutely. Will it ever happen...no. It just how human nature is.

Just goes to show nothing will please these hags. Some of the most powerful beings in the Witcher world are female who can wield elements at their finger tips, create massive barriers, hail down meteor fire on a massive scale etc etc. What more do you want? Not only are they powerful sorceresses but they are strong as females. Individuals, free thinkers, strong headed etc etc. And those are just the sorceresses. Squads of scoiatel are lead by women just as well as men. And yes, in the word of the Witcher lots of women are put down, downtrodden and live crap lives under the whims of others. That's part of having a good story, everything being rosy and sparkly so your feelings aren't hurt is just downright boring and depthless, and its not good fantasy. Nothing will ever please these people, they just want everything in the world to be bland and lifeless. I feel both pity and anger towards devs that fall for the bullshit these people spew because all it does is corrupt their projects vision and it never ends up pleasing them. In fact most of the time it just angers them even more because the content is ham-fisted. All it ends up doing is ruining it for the people who truly care about the game or story or whatever it is.

Because they don't care about reality, they only care about their dogma... holy Anita speaks, and the faithful are outraged.

What's the saying? Offense is always taken, never given.

Focus on the real world problems

That's not the MO of these people. It's not about actual problems, or helping women. It's about pushing a pointless agenda on something that has absolutely no effect on the real world. If they really cared about women's rights or women being oppressed or being used as objects these worms would be trying to change things in places where women are stoned if they wear the wrong clothing. But no, they wont do that. They will complain about video games and claim to be righteous.

That's not the MO of these people. It's not about actual problems, or helping women. It's about pushing a pointless agenda on something that has absolutely no effect on the real world. If they really cared about women's rights or women being oppressed or being used as objects these worms would be trying to change things in places where women are stoned if they wear the wrong clothing. But no, they wont do that. They will complain about video games and claim to be righteous.

It goes much further then that. They are social engineers, they wan't games to be used to educate the populous in their form of cultural Marxism, so they are "critiquing" everything until it conforms to their agenda... good thing they are so far removed from reality, it's not only not working, but also very funny to watch. ;)

Very very true and very well said. Don't forget as well as pushing a pointless agenda they're also lining their pockets.

I'm once again offended I cannot enjoy Anime and a sadistic horror movie at the same bloody time. I'm offended that It's offensive to love the colour pink and watch Hockey, taking a break from killing people in a video game, while also having sex with a fictional character, and wondering how adorable it would be for them to be wearing thigh high socks, and rainbow sprinkles.

Saint Anita has spoken!

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/604055549164953600

Can you now please, PLEASE stop pandering to the perpetually offended special snowflakes? Because we know you tried to do it. And it never works, and it's never going to work. Polygon gave the game 8/10 for these reasons as well.

I'm still waiting for my IQ to recover after reading that Polygon "review", the guy who wrote that has some serious issues.

lol if she actually played the game she'd realize pretty much every main female character is a powerful sorceress or witch or something and could quite likely kick Geralts ass!

Know what's badass? Ponies. Know what Pony is the best? Rainbow Dash.

What does that have anything to do with Witcher or Anita? Absolutely nothing, I'm just hoping this offends someone.

---------- Updated at 12:21 PM ----------

I've been up for 19 hours... My bed is offended, and therefore I'm offended that It's offended I decided not to sleep, and now my body is offended over my stupidity of being an offending offender.

Goodnight- err, morning peoples. Enjoy offending everyone.

Forum veteran
Minor, non-specific spoiler:

I saved an elven woman and she put me in my place, explaining that I only helped her so that I could feel like a hero.

It's not the only example of stuff like that in the game, either, so I really thought that little group of touchy people would finally be happy. Suppose this more or less proves that to be an impossibility for some of them. If it's any consolation, the game made at least one person reconsider their position.

If she ever played the game, she never would complain. Witcher 3 is actually one of the few games, even movies, with strong and confident woman.

I really don't care if the game has ALL the sexist tropes because I'm having a complete and utter blast playing it.

But yeah, I think the things that Anita is saying are important things, even if she is not correct in every single detail, even if she gets some games completely wrong and even if I disagree with her in several points. But whatever. As much as she might be offended on things, people are making a far too big thing out of it and completely going utter crazy as if she is somehow a witch that could make their nuts fall off.

Saint Anita has spoken!

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/604055549164953600

Can you now please, PLEASE stop pandering to the perpetually offended special snowflakes? Because we know you tried to do it. And it never works, and it's never going to work. Polygon gave the game 8/10 for these reasons as well.

It's really unfortunate Canada has spawned so many idiots. Our country takes the multiculturalism thing a little too seriously.

I don't think we should be surprised the Bay area perpetually offended hipsters should be attacking the game. What's surprising is Anita alone is charging forth and making inane claims on Twitter, while the rest of the SJ dubs are actually liking the game. She's made a real ass out of herself here.

Last edited:
I don't think we should be surprised the Bay area perpetually offended hipsters should be attacking the game. What's surprising is Anita, alone is actually charging forth and making inane claims about a game, once again, while the rest of the SJ dubs are actually liking the game. She's made a real ass out of herself here.

Her ship is sinking anyways... she might just as well go full Macintosh. Funny, though, how she made the world "trope" synonym for EVIL in her little world. So, games are full of tropes, and then what? Tropes are a common tool of story telling...

...but I guess I'm sill expecting reason from people that think that, looking at a women for too long is considered rape, so, yea, sorry i said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom