Witcher 3 has all the sexist tropes, expert verdict is in

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? so Geralt bang any women in brothels and he DOESN'T go to collect flowers after? Ouch... As a woman I feel very disappointed. Let me cry.... OK now I'm gonna still playing this horrible sexist game...

BTW Geralt looks so sexy, ....

What? so Geralt bang any women in brothels and he DOESN'T go to collect flowers after? Ouch... As a woman I feel very disappointed. Let me cry.... OK now I'm gonna still playing this horrible sexist game...

BTW Geralt looks so sexy, ....

How dare you say Geralt is sexy and objectify man, shame on you woman ! :p

Essentially, her opinion on this matter doesn't matter, especially when it's is very far removed from the actual truth of it.
Who is she going to stop from buying the game? Anyone who's already playing, knows the reality, and most others can research it and find out.
It's a shame that every good notion or movement has bitter, blinded people that are more visible than some others who do actual real work of spreading awareness/fighting for any given cause.

She doesn't have any influence on sales. Some time ago she recommended a game which in her opinion (not that I agree with anything she says) portrays women like they should be portrayed. Someone checked the average playerbase for this game on steam after her recommendation and excactly 1 person more played the game. This is at least a strong indication that her supporters don't even have any interest in gaming.
Her influence comes from her regular presence and support in the (gaming)media and is targeted directly towards the developers, what makes her so dangerous. Additionally some idiots sent her death threats. so she could portray herself as a "victim" and get the sympathy from the earlier mentioned media. If she would have been ignored from the start, nobody would discuss about Tweets like this.

Last edited:
I sided with Cerys to be the new ruler of a male dominate kingdom. The first female ruler in Skellige ever in the Witcher History. Not so typical trope.

It's just a game. Also, does it really matter what happens in the game or anywhere else with this topic? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That's what this is mainly about. The rest are just here for show.

She doesn't have any influence on sales. Some time ago she recommended a game which in her opinion (not that I agree with anything she says) portrays women like they should be portrayed. Someone checked the average playerbase for this game on steam after her recommendation and excatly 1 person more played the game. This is at least a strong indication that her supporters doesn't even have any interest in gaming.
Her influence comes from her regular presence and support in the (gaming)media and is targeted directly towards the developers, what makes her so dangerous. Additionally some idiots sent her death threats. so she could portray herself as a "victim" and get the sympathy from the earlier mentioned media. If she would have been ignored from the start, nobody would discuss about Tweets like this.

I see, I wasn't fully aware of her history, although the name rung a bell.
Still, it's clear that she's criticizing the game without actually investing any time into it, which by itself is akin to hating on a book after reading a short synopsis.
Most of her followers probably have little interest in the game or games in general to begin with, but I am sure we will see many "well, now I definitely won't buy this PoS" from them.
Oh well.

Notice how she ignores the injustices of an absolute monarchy with the atrocities being committed by Redania or the draconian levels of punishment employed by Imperial Nilfgaard. Clearly the game is promoting that we abolish democracy and go back to hereditary forms of government, oh wait....

the level of dishonesty of this women is beyond respectability, constantly insulting gamers ,peoples in general, treating white male like freaking nazis , she profoundly disgust me, i usually respect everyone opinion/choice , but this ,i cant

I just wonder... why is there so much hate towards this person? She just expressed her opinion, she didn't belittle any one of you guys, she just said what she feels about the game. Why do you have to prove to yourselves how little she matters? The very fact that you keep banging on about her makes her matter .

On the scale of sexism in gaming, the Witcher 3 is not a sexist game. However, she clearly had a different experience and that's her freaking right. Enough with this angry mob mentality. Your angry behavior actually affects people's livelihoods offline. How hard is that to understand ? And why is talking about sexism in games such a sin? It clearly exists, even if the Witcher is not a great example!

A reminder. She has made one tweet. Not an article.
This topic is best deferred until there's something to discuss. There are far too many assumptions being made right now.

And far too many forum rules being broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom