Witcher 3 horse animation stutter

+
So i decided to replay witcher 3 and upon installing the game on steam i encountered 2 bugs related to movement.
One of them was a camera stutter whenever i started moving with Geralt. It would only stutter once when i pressed W and then the movement would be smooth again. I later fixed this by installing a camera mod that removed camera shake.
The other bug wich i still encounter is very similiar to the first one. When i sit on a horse and start moving theres a stutter in the animation of the horse after about one second. After this single stutter the horse movement is smooth again like in the first bug and doesnt happen again until i stop and start moving again.
I have included a video of what the stutter looks like and would be grateful if anyone knows a fix for this.

-the issue happens with no mods
-im using an nvidia graphics card (RTX 2060)

It sounds like it might be related to your keyboard somehow (hard to tell the issue from the video though). I would disable all background applications in the task manager and if your keyboard has any special features, perhaps disabling that helps. Disabling all overlay features might help too (gog, steam, fraps...). But no idea...

Another approach would be trying different gpu drivers, as that can be related to stuttering issues too.
The official support website can be found here:

There's likely no given fix. Looks to me like you're simply noticing the animations switching between walk / fast walk / canter and are unable to un-see it. :p

There are different animation loops for Roach: walk, fast walk, canter, and gallop. Depending on the terrain and such, the type of input being used, other game functions (like areas or assets loading), and your minimum/maximum FPS, the frames won't always line up, exactly.

Capping the game at 60 FPS may help. (Or you can try a value divisible by 8.) I'm not sure if there's any universal way to fix it, as these types of animations are handled dynamically.

Top Bottom