Witcher 3 HoS Runewright Enchanting Guide

+
Witcher 3 HoS Runewright Enchanting Guide

Hi everybody,

it did a guide for Hearts of Stone Runewright Enchanting. Please check it out.

[video=youtube;HKRS0LD-11k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKRS0LD-11k[/video]

I tried all the 23 different enchantments (9 for swords and 14 for armor) and in this guide I explain how they work and if IMO they are any good.
Overall I think Prolongation is the strongest (if use with the right skills and potions), but on a daily basis I prefer to use Severance for that additional Whirl and Rend range and Possesion, because it make the already strong Axii skill even more powerful.

If you got any question or found a mistake, please let me know.

My personal preference is severance. Use it while it lasts because they'll probably nerf it in the next patch. It's phenomenal on rend and godlike on whirl.
The other runewords don't really interest me tbh.

For armor I use deflection on deathmarch. This makes for soooooo much less headaches when fighting bands of humans. If not, I indeed agree that possession would be best. Well, except for if you wanna use griffon techniques with armor other than medium. That's really nice as well (nilfgaard gloves and still get griffon bonus? Yes please!).

For armor I use deflection on deathmarch. This makes for soooooo much less headaches when fighting bands of humans.

Well it makes fighting bands of fallen knights easier, but how many bands with crossbow archers are there? 4-5? So overall deflection helps maybe in 2 or 3% of your fights.

+1 for effort :)

Severance + whirl + rend = ownage :)

Also CDPR... DON'T nerf severance. It's a single player RPG, let us have our fun.

After playing with Severance for a while, I decided to remove it.

Just makes the game too easy, IMO.

It's a single player RPG, let us have our fun.

If the devs understood this, they wouldn't have nerfed anything. They'd much rather make the ability useless so no one uses them, rather than leaving them as is and some people enjoying them.

I allways swear to the igni upgrades. I will have my sword charged with igni plus I use the upgrade where people on fire explode and set near-by enemies on fire. And it looks cool.:waryscoiatael:

I allways swear to the igni upgrades. I will have my sword charged with igni plus I use the upgrade where people on fire explode and set near-by enemies on fire. And it looks cool.:waryscoiatael:

Though I would understand why you would, being a pyromaniac at heart, Igni is already ridiculously good on it's own.

I swear by arrow deflection. HI-larious when a deflected arrow hits an enemy.

I would totally use that if I could get these upgrades at a early stage of the game, but as we all know you only get them close to the end and arrows is not really a problem anymore. The plus with my upgrade I can use any sign and my sword will be charged with that sign. Axii works great, but igni looks cool. I wish they made like 30 of those upgrades.

I would totally use that if I could get these upgrades at a early stage of the game, but as we all know you only get them close to the end and arrows is not really a problem anymore. The plus with my upgrade I can use any sign and my sword will be charged with that sign. Axii works great, but igni looks cool. I wish they made like 30 of those upgrades.

You just gave me an idea for interchangeable armors. Arrows ahead? -> armor 1 No arrows? armor 2 :p

I am not, in any means, hijacking this thread. I am only adding to it.

I made an Excel Program that breaks down each Glyph & Runewords. It lists what glyph or runestone needed and what the enchantment does. I made this into jpeg form to post on here. Feel free to copy the picture to print off. This is very handy, at least I think so.

I have yet to find an armor enchantment that I liked, but for weapons I mainly choose Severance & Preservation. Preservation to help with attack & defense.

Attachments

• Glyph-Runewords.jpg
    Glyph-Runewords.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 1,069
Last edited:
Top Bottom