Witcher 3 in my story!

+
Sorry for my English

Hello! I'm writing a story and I want add some Witcher 3's characters and places in my story. Must I buy any copyright? Can I use these in my story?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
If you do not intend to commercially exploit your story (make money with it), then you are free to write your own fan-fiction. Otherwise, it's best to directly contact CDPR and ask for permission.

Thanks for your reply!

I don't want make money with this story. But if the story is liked after some months I can print book.

Thanks for your reply!

I don't want make money with this story. But if the story is liked after some months I can print book.

You can't do that, printing it into a book that is. That is your one way ticket to getting sued by Sapkowski and CDPR I think. On a side note, if your fan-fiction involves Yen and Triss in steamy situations with each other.. I would like a copy of that .pdf *AHEM* entirely for literary purposes.

You can't do that, printing it into a book that is. That is your one way ticket to getting sued by Sapkowski and CDPR I think. On a side note, if your fan-fiction involves Yen and Triss in steamy situations with each other.. I would like a copy of that .pdf *AHEM* entirely for literary purposes.

Book event is not certain. I'm writing a story but I don't think print a book. Already I will set up my software company after a few years. I will talk to CD PROJEKT RED about this topic.
Post automatically merged:

Can I be in your story too?

You can but I'm writing story with Turkish. I think you can't read my story. But when I develop my English I will write the story with English.

Any time you commercialize any copyrighted content, you'll need to acquire rights from the present owners. In this case, I believe that would be CDPR for their characters and Sapkowski for anything involving the Witcher universe. Use of any such material without acquiring rights before printing for sale / submitting it to a publisher would be plagiarism. (That is, of course, a crime and subject to litigation.)

Writing and sharing the story for free (as fan fiction) is perfectly fine, as long as credit is given to the original creators. As long as you don't intend to publish / market it -- no worries! :)

Any time you commercialize any copyrighted content, you'll need to acquire rights from the present owners. In this case, I believe that would be CDPR for their characters and Sapkowski for anything involving the Witcher universe. Use of any such material without acquiring rights before printing for sale / submitting it to a publisher would be plagiarism. (That is, of course, a crime and subject to litigation.)

Writing and sharing the story for free (as fan fiction) is perfectly fine, as long as credit is given to the original creators. As long as you don't intend to publish / market it -- no worries! :)

Thanks for your reply. I think I got the answer. Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom