Witcher 3 Insists on using IGP instead of Geforce please help

+
Witcher 3 Insists on using IGP instead of Geforce please help

After 3 days I finally fixed the black screen on start up crash by updating the Intel driver. I have now run into another serious issue. I am getting 5-8 FPS on the lowest possible settings in a 1024x768 resolution. The cause? I turn on MSI afterburner and it shows that as soon as I start W3 GPU 2 activity/load ie the HD 4600 activity flares up. I have set TW3 in my nvidia control panel to utilize the 760m yet it's activity is dead cold and remains at 0% during the time that the witcher 3 is active.

I have managed to get into the starting room with a frame rate of 5-8. The game looks like complete shit on those settings with graphics comparable to perhaps KoTOR 1. I have also run into 2 futher bugs. The game will keep minimizing every second. This happened after I switched to full screen mode. I am now unable to set this back because I have between 0.5 to 1 second before the game will minimize. I can maximize it as many times as I want but I can stay in game for only half a second which isn't enough time to alter the settings.

After patching the game from 1.06 to 1.08 it refuses to start at all double clicking the .exe does nothing. I am now reinstalling 1.06 so I can get the default settings back but the underlying issue is still that the game blatantly refuses to utilize my geforce.

I am at my wits end with this game you fix one bug and you run into another one a minute later. If this were an alpha version release I could understand this.

Any ideas how to fix these issues? I suspect the main issue is the forced utilization of the HD 4600 IGP. I think these other issues will resolve themselves once the game kindly utilizes the geforce. I can play skyrim maxed out with eye candy mods at 40-50 frames, mass effect 3 maxed out BF 4 maxed out and so on every other game switches to the nvidia GPU (as per my instructions) and there's no problem.

Laptop

i7 8 GB DDR ram 760m Nvidia GPU

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT:

Ah nevermind I have found the solution

You go into regedit and find this RequireSignedAppInit DLLs and set the value to zero. You find it in x32bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -->SOFTWARE Microsoft --> Windows NT --> CurrentVersion --> Windows

Witcher 3 is finally using my geforce and I'm getting 35 frames on the lowest settings but in my native 16x9 resolution
Time to overclock and patch this badboy to boost those frames. Maybe I'll be able to enjoy medium textures and light shafts after this hehe. The picture below illustrates the problem but the solution is as above .

Attachments

• witcher 3.jpg
    witcher 3.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Top Bottom