Witcher 3 is 50 hours in the main plot

+
Witcher 3 is 50 hours in the main plot

Read somewhere that the average playtime for Witcher 3 is just 50 hours. Does anyone think it's just too short? I remembered when Witcher 2 first released CDPR said it's 40hours long for one playthrough.

Then reviews start churning out that the game is only 15hours long. I'm not trying to be negative but I think 50hours (could be after multiple playthroughs).. is alittle short for an Open-World RPG?

I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those games that just drags while you're trying to complete every quest (like Skyrim). I put in 60 hours into Skyrim and was bored to death after like 30.

gregski said:
Quality over quantity. I'll take that anytime.

+1

And it does seem like a good number of hours actually. How many hours do people spend on so called open world games *cough*Skyrim*cough* just hiking around and hacking their swords at the air?

"Just" 50 hours? The Witcher 1 was not quite as long as that (or at least not longer). This will be two well-spent days of my life ^^

Volsung said:
+1

And it does seem like a good number of hours actually. How many hours do people spend on so called open world games *cough*Skyrim*cough* just hiking around and hacking their swords at the air?

true. otoh, those "so-and-so many hours" numbers from the studio's propaganda deparments should be taken with a grain of salt anyway, imho. seeing this doesn't include dieing, replaying parts to figure out strategies, just messing around, getting lost etc, 100h of pure no-mistakes know-what-to-do playing would be extreme :)

Wowowowowowowo WOW! TW3 is *just* 50 hours? What that's not good enough for you? Granted, considering it's RED we're talking about here, I wouldn't mind if the game was 500 hours long but still. Like someone already mentioned, Quality over Quantity. Besides, including side missions, apparently it'll be around 100 hours. Now that's just insane. That's a really awesome length for a game. Personally, I'm damn happy. And haven't they already said that they are probably going to release DLCs as well? FOR FREE! Well there you go, an extra slice of heaven right there.

I'm happy about the length. In fact, I'm ecstatic. I finished TW1 in about 45 hours, TW2 took around 35 hours. And I didn't complain about the length of those games, they were fine. Now TW3 might possibly take as much as 3 times as long time to finish as TW2?! That shiii cray. My body is ready. Can't wait for the experience of a life time. Damn, I'm a little bit hyped over here!

Everyone takes a different amount of time to play a game. Some people can play a game with all of the side quests and finish in 25 hours while others may take an extra 10 hours to do the same.

The only thing i dislike is so far is that your decisions doesn't effect the world but only characters.
Aside from that, every other info sounds awesome and promising.

I never cared about length especially when it comes to open world RPGs.
Considering they already stated it has 50 hours of just main campaign.
Unlike Skyrim main quest which you can finish in just few hours and has the easiest boss battle i ever saw.

Well apologies i probably just read wrongly. Well i agree Quality over Quantity. But ya know.. it's the closure of the Trilogy.. You really don't mind if it's just 10hours?

Seems like the new features announced are just "Hunting" in disguise which is already available in Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3.

I like it if they further expand the idea and making it to crafting.

Even just 50 is longer than the average 23 it takes me to finish a complete TW2 run with all side quests + EE content.

+ there is 3 endings!... 50h sounds fine for I must have enough will to play it at least three times from beginning to the end.

Lenght of a game is a two edged blade for me:

Witcher 1, I enjoyed the lenghty story with multiple locations.

Witcher 2 on the other hand it was more compressed and enjoyed it immensely, although you had limited zones you could explore.

Can't really say I like open world because of the constraint on the story aspect and it is really hard to pull off, but I have faith in CDPR! :)

Guest 3593423

Darkhollow said:
... I have faith in CDPR! :)/>

Precisely. They have proven themselves so often, probably one of the few companies I trust to produce quality every time.

Colibrie said:
+ there is 3 endings!... 50h sounds fine for I must have enough will to play it at least three times from beginning to the end.
There are 36 endings sorted in 3 categories

Epiloge 1:Main story
Epilouge2:policitcs state
Epilouge 3:Side quest stuff

50 hours, plus apparently 3 unique epilogues that are an hour long each, plus apparently mutually exclusive "mini-paths" in storylines.

I'd say that's more than sufficient.

Top Bottom