Witcher 3 leaked in United Arab Emirates??

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously these guys have internet because they're streaming it. The question is if their consoles are connected to the PSN/Xbox networks. They could be using a third party capture device
then they can ID the game footage from music, sounds. anything, and have a takedown issued (i hope i got your statement right).

well the streamers have two choices.
a) call their stream "witcher 3", set the game they are playing and keep getting banned
b) don't advertise what they are playing and not get any views
if twitch keeps banning column a log enough they will stop eventually.

More will just keep popping up ya know. The game is being sold there, in other words anyone can get a copy and stream it or spoil stuff.
Yeah, there's no real containing it. Best CDPR can do is take down streams as soon as they see it and they won't be able to show anything further than the prologue. Even then people will be recording the streams and the players will get further off stream and spread details. Good luck to CDPR and you guys, hopefully nobody comes across spoilers.

I think these streams actually helps boost sales more than actually work in their detriment. I've been reading Neogaf and a lot of people just decided to buy/preorder the game once they saw the streams on PS4.

then they can ID the game footage from music, sounds. anything, and have a takedown issued (i hope i got your statement right).
Twitch does have an automated detection doesn't it? I know it can detect music and stuff, not sure about video. Anyway, Streisand effect and all. They will just get third party capture devices and stream on other sites that are harder to find and get taken down.

well the streamers have two choices.
a) call their stream "witcher 3", set the game they are playing and keep getting banned
b) don't advertise what they are playing and not get any views
if twitch keeps banning column a log enough they will stop eventually.
they can ban his IP adress and can kiss streaming good bye until the 19th of may, if not permanently.

I think these streams actually helps boost sales more than actually work in their detriment. I've been reading Neogaf and a lot of people just decided to buy/preorder the game once they saw the streams on PS4.

Well, it did look nice. Many were probably fearing for the quality of console versions. Silver lining in everything, eh?

If there is any positive to this whole leak is that we can finally see Xbox and PS4 footage.

And the both look great, PS4 especially.

Twitch does have an automated detection doesn't it? I know it can detect music and stuff, not sure about video. Anyway, Streisand effect and all. They will just get third party capture devices and stream on other sites that are harder to find and get taken down.
hmm well it's only logical. i mean if youtube has it, then twitch probably does too and if i remember correctly, they do have strict policies. hopefully they'll be able to fight this leak and purge it of those "out of order" streamers.

What are you talking about, game has been leaked and there's 11days to release day. Do you know how many people will spoil the game. Even this place not safe anymore.

If there is any positive to this whole leak is that we can finally see Xbox and PS4 footage.

And the both look great, PS4 especially.

Yeah I wonder what XB1 owners are feeling right now, they were begging for footage and now they got a whole ton of it suddenly :D

Well, it did look nice. Many were probably fearing for the quality of console versions. Silver lining in everything, eh?

Pretty much..it wil take these people at least 10 hours (if CDPR weren't lying) to get past the prologue..aka all the footage that we've been shown thus far..so yeah. A lot of people on there said "I'm happy to see PS4 version quality holds up as advertised..gonna go buy it now"...so they did get some extra sales out of these leaked streams.

Many people (especially console gamers) still haven't pulled the trigger on deciding if they should preorder/buy the game or not because they don't know how the console versions look (90% of the footage we have seen thus far has been on high end PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom