• Nahh Those are Unofficial - Its a Curse for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure 50 - 50

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Never Think About The Mods - Stable

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Witcher 3 MODS - Gift or Curse ?

Hello friends.... What you think ? Is it really a gift or curse ?

I just saw some available mods over net & I found many mods are available to solve many features of the game like on graphics, xp, gwent, UI & much more but still is it good to use those mods ? I mean its ok to use mods to tweak graphics or UI as its a personal choice but tweaking original game play like quest xp / loot items / gold etc is that really feels awesome ?

Sometimes we have to use mods as we are helpless due to no proper solution is available from game makers so are you thinking that game makers are not going to provide you proper official solution due to these mods ??

I am sure many gamers knows about the mods but they really don't want to use them for many reasons so please be specific with your answer & give at least few reasons that why you thinks its a Gift or Curse ??

For me its a curse.. Why ?
1] I am not a fan of unofficial things [ Don't have any reason for this may be for safety reasons ]
2] Mods are tempting but still I am always in fear to use them thinking they going to mess other things.
3] Due to this mods I think we are not getting things from official game makers.
4] As mods are not official it feels like I am far away from original game play or going in wrong direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am mostly talking about Mods which changing main storyline game play & tweaking things like XP, Loot etc..

Please check the reasons I have mentioned as I am not saying I don't like mods. Using mods after completing the game for fun is totally different thing & that's not a issue here but its about using Mods in your 1st or serious game play.

Thanks to Brogan80 as I think now this post looks much easier to understand then before :)

Last edited:
gift, i use sweetfx/reshade to put some color in the game, besides some mods make some very useful improvements

Yep, the very first day I had an issue when I looked up into the sky and saw those damn rings. I waited until ReShade Deband came out, installed it and now I don't even think about it. I honestly forgot I had it on until you posted that.

gift, i use sweetfx/reshade to put some color in the game, besides some mods make some very useful improvements

Defiantly mods are for improvements but are you 100% sure that they are safe to use or due to them you are not going to get any different kinds of bug in game ? & If you really find some bugs then how you going to find that its a original game bug or error due to mods you have installed ?

So finally isn't its a unnecessary risk ?

REDKit is going to release patches & not Mods. I seriously doubt that they neglect XP & Game rebalanced thing in this 1.07 patch due to Mods.
Huh?

RedKit is the toolset they will be releasing that will enable real mod creation. Has nothing to do with the game patching process.

Regarding safety
- Make sure you get them from well-established sites, such as The Nexus, which takes prompt action if there's anything unsafe, and where there are forums allowing people to give feedback.
- Read the comments and see if there are any concerns.
- Make sure that the "how to uninstall" is clearly stated, and that you understand it.
- Be aware of the possibility of conflicts between mods, and that you may need to pick and choose to avoid it.
- If a mod overwrites vanilla files, make sure you take a backup of the file first.

Other than that, then yes, definitely a good thing. It would be unreasonable to expect the developer to meet all requests for change in a game, so the choice is mods or not at all.

Oh, and regarding your later post. I tend to recommend that people don't use mods on their first playthrough, unless they're very familiar with how this works. That way, you should be able to tell if it's the mod or not. Failing that, then again, look at the comments against the mod, look at the main game forum, before assuming anything. And remove the mod before reporting a bug.

Last edited:
RedKit is the toolset they will be releasing that will enable real mod creation. Has nothing to do with the game patching process.

Ohk sorry for that as I am not much into this mod thing I am unaware of this thing :( but Yehh if its official then I think its good :)

Defiantly mods are for improvements but are you 100% sure that they are safe to use or due to them you are not going to get any different kinds of bug in game ? & If you really find some bugs then how you going to find that its a original game bug or error due to mods you have installed ?

So finally isn't its a unnecessary risk ?

No, it's not. Have you used many mods before?

Its extremely rare are that a mod is so sophisticated that it will break your game. That's why a lot of testing is done before they release them. And why you need to make sure and do a bit of testing yourself after you install them. Majority of them change minor things that do not interact with important parts of the game. And the ones that do usually have smart authors who do test after test to make sure they work.

It would be unreasonable to expect the developer to meet all requests for change in a game

How ? as if gamers asking for proper balance game & the things which are necessary then I think developers should provide it. Yes its ok if some one is asking for different looks for characters / armor / weapons etc. or asking for really unwanted things which really not matters in game play.

I think properly working balanced game is out right & I think developers should provide it but due to this mods it seems like they are avoiding this things :(

---------- Updated at 04:42 AM ----------

No, it's not. Have you used many mods before?

Ok so lets think mods are safe to use but still isn't its giving feeling that you are on different track then original game play ?? I mean i saw some mods about the gwent where they even change the default card strength points to make it more balance so is that right think to do ? I mean if its from CDPR then at least I have a feel that its safe & I am on same track where other gamers are & not going to feel awkward while playing.

How ? as if gamers asking for proper balance game & the things which are necessary then I think developers should provide it. Yes its ok if some is asking for different looks for characters / armor / weapons etc. or asking for really unwanted things which really not matters in game play.

I think properly working balanced game is out right & I think developers should provide it but due to this mods it seems like they are avoiding this things :(

Read the threads on balancing and see how many different suggestions there are, and the number of different people who have totally different ideas of what a "well-balanced" game means. Ditto XP, stats for equipment, alchemy, crafting, armour design, pretty much everything else. A developer isn't going to meet all of these requests, and no developer is ever going to make everyone happy on such things.

For example, the mod I listed above, it's very easy to disable, both in-game (literally 1 button), or by removing the files from the installation. And I've done this many times, over the last few weeks, to test some things.

there are TONS of awesome things they can mod, especially in a game like this. Things you had no idea you wanted. Trust m e, go to Nexus, and read through the Skyrim top mods of all time list.

edit: also, you should know that just because a mod is created that totally imbalances (even if just in your opinion) the game, there is absolutely no one saying you must use it. It's totally up to you.

Last edited:
A developer isn't going to meet all of these requests, and no developer is ever going to make everyone happy on such things

Yehh that's true but I saw some post from members here saying xp awarding thing is really bad in current game & due to this many weapons & armors are not usable. MAin quests are giving too much xp which makes Geralt overpowered & game looks too easy like that so I am just saying to rebalanced the game the way developers want but at least it looks like balanced & we can actually use everything in game properly.

I will going to add some screenshot of post here if I found them.

I never seen mods as a curse, it's a gift of the PC Gods for us to use and enjoy, the upsides largely make up for the slight occasional inconveniences.

For example, the mod I listed above, it's very easy to disable, both in-game (literally 1 button), or by removing the files from the installation. And I've done this many times, over the last few weeks, to test some things.

The mod you have specified is about graphic tweak & nothing to do with game play so as far as its safe to use I have no problem against mods like this which not changing any game play but I am taking about other mods which really changing the game play style or rules like fix xp mod or rebalanced gwent mod like that.

First off mods and official patches are completely different things. You are always free to use a mod and if you dont like it you can just uninstall it. It's free. it's optional. What can be wrong with that?

There are games that have a lot more success because of their modding scene, TES or the Fallout series for example.

I never seen mods as a curse, it's a gift of the PC Gods for us to use and enjoy, the upsides largely make up for the slight occasional inconveniences.

I agree as I also thinks the Mod is fun but Is it a Gift for serious game play ? Its ok to installed them after complying the game to have fun but completing the main story line with non-original game play is that giving you fun ?

I agree as I also thinks the Mod is fun but Is it a Gift for serious game play ? Its ok to installed them after complying the game to have fun but completing the main story line with non-original game play is that giving you fun ?

Depends, I generally complete a game once before modding it, unless it add useful things that are not related to balance/that are not crazy.

Top Bottom