Witcher 3 Music doesn't load (PC)

+
Hi everyone,

I've been playing the Witcher 3 on PC (through Steam) for quite a while now and am doing my second playthrough. Unfortunately, music is no longer loading when I load the game. Sometimes it re-appears when I fast-travel, but this is pretty scarce. I have all the DLC and no mods installed. I can't think of any reason why the game can't just load a simple music file anymore and it saddens me to say the game has become completely unplayable. I have of course tried restarting the program, verifying game files and even completely reinstalling, but all to no avail. The music has died and the game has died with it. Can we expect this to be fixed in the next big update? I'd rather see the fix sooner to be honest. I find this absolutely unacceptable.

Edit: I have discovered that travelling to Skellige loads the music again. When I travel back to Velen the music loads as well, but when I then save, reboot the game and load that save, the music is gone again. Hope this helps you guys fix this bug.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Any mods, or have you ever used any on that save?
Nope, never installed any mods, which makes it so strange.
I have tried loading older saves from before this bug occured and the same problem occurs there as well. There's nothing wrong with the saves, but with the game itself.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same issue as well (Steam). Pretty much an identical reproduction to you - fast travelling to a new region will load the music correctly (sometimes), but every subsequent save reload will either bring back silence, or this one ominous music track that plays endlessly.

No mods used in any of my playthroughs through 1.32 or 4.0.0

Something is definitely weird with the audio. I've started a brand new game, and the music in White Orchard just suddenly stopped while I was doing the quest with the blacksmith whose smithy got set on fire.
Also thought that some voices sounded *really* close, though the NPC was far away. Can't say for sure that that's a new bug or whatever but the music thing definitely is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom