Witcher 3 music

+
Personally, I'm fine with rock elements but not full-on folk rock. The vocals never fit in that case imo, as you have 2 strong elements - vocals and instruments - competing instead of one supporting the other, resulting in what is essentially a cacophony of stuff wailing at you.

This, for example, I like:

It has a nice guitar riff in the background, adding more 'power' to the track, but it never overshadows the vocals, never forces them to overcompensate, which, I find, happens a lot in folk rock.

Love it! Watched the Witcher 2 trailer that has this song so many times I lost count. Loved music style and the haunting lyrics, but had no idea they were Swedish/Finnish collaboration. Heathens - Wolf hour. Aptly named song. :happy:

Love Percival. I think I saw them like 3 years ago on our smaller czech venue when they were still named Percival Shuttenbach, and played folk metal. :D

They have both projects working. Percival (folk) and Percival Schuttenbach (folk metal). Next Percival Schuttenbach album is supposed to be out on May :D
Lucky you that could see them! I'm trying to bring them to Spain :p

Yes, trash music for trashy films.

If you think Zimmer is "kewl" try listening something like: Basil Poledouris, Inon Zur, Michael Hoening, Jason Hayes... and (for godsake) Skorupa.

I apologize for reviving this ancient history but did you know,secondchildren, that back in 1980 (when I was 16) Hans Zimmer was the dark haired keyboardist in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

put this one plz :D

---------- Updated at 02:17 AM ----------

and this one too...
damn...
bring back so much memories...
I think am gonna cry , guys...
Do you mean use them with different arrangements? I don't really see the point reusing old TW1 OST tracks especially since The Witcher 3's soundtrack is shaping up to be something very unique. I'm dying to hear it in its entirety. :)

and this one too...
damn...
bring back so much memories...
I think am gonna cry , guys...

The Witcher 3 version is a good throwback to the Witcher 1 track :p

Do you mean use them with different arrangements? I don't really see the point reusing old TW1 OST tracks especially since The Witcher 3's soundtrack is shaping up to be something very unique. I'm dying to hear it in its entirety.

A lot of the Witcher 3 tracks that were released are pretty much remixed Percival tracks, but having a little bit of a throwback to the Witcher 1 master race music is really good, especially with the instruments that are being used for the Witcher 3 music.

Hi guys. Wondering if anyone knows this:

Is the soundtrack disc that comes with the game the full soundtrack, or just just some select tracks?

A lot of the Witcher 3 tracks that were released are pretty much remixed Percival tracks, but having a little bit of a throwback to the Witcher 1 master race music is really good, especially with the instruments that are being used for the Witcher 3 music.

In an interview not so long ago, Mikołaj Rybacki (Percival leader) said this:
Did you create new songs for the needs of The Witcher 3 or the studio used only your existing recordings?
First of all, we have provided all of our previous work for any use. In addition, during several sessions in a professional studio we recorded some new material under the watchful eye (or rather ear) of Marcin Przybyłowicz. However, we can not say too much about how it all will eventually look like - do not want to spoil the surprise.

The idea already gives me goosebumps :yes: :thumbsup: :unworthy:

Last edited:
the battle music played during the fight with the wyvern from the last gameplay video was amazing. Is it available somewhere? (youtube)

the battle music played during the fight with the wyvern from the last gameplay video was amazing. Is it available somewhere? (youtube)

I'm pretty sure we don't get some specific musics until the game is released. And after that you might expect some soundtracks appearing on youtube, unless you bought the original soundtrack.

And I'm pretty sure someone has said this before but do check out:
https://soundcloud.com/marcinprzybylowicz/sets/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt for Marcin Przybyłowicz's music that he's done for Witcher 3 and released for public through soundcloud. So far it sound incredible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom