Witcher 3 music

+
TW2's main theme was really good music and underused but it just didn't fit as a theme that said, it doesn't really bother me it's too small a thing to worry about.

Far from underused, but yeah, it wasn't really... theme material.

However, the music is a big part of why I like TW so much, so it's a pretty big deal to me :p

I honestly don't understand why they didn't just keep using the original. I didn't see Indiana Jones, Star Wars or LOTR suddenly change themes mid-trilogy.

I kind of liked it, but is this the main theme? Really? Well...uh okay. Hope to hear the rest soon then! But honestly I was hoping they would do what they did with Witcher 1 and 2 theme songs, having similar traces of the Witcher theme in them. I'm of course referring to the tune heard in Tales of The Witcher by Adam Skorupa and other songs like Dusk of a Northern Kingdom and The Witcher Theme by Believe.

Eh, guess the theme from TW1 will stay as my favourite then.

while I like the tune, it seems passive for an epic end to a trilogy. Maybe once they amp it up with orchestral and/or vocals it'd seem more appropriate, but as of now TW2 and TW1 have better theme music.

The 'Elven Ruins' one was a miss though, sounded like something out of Harry Potter.
Fable and Trine are the games that track would fit into, although I think it's OK for a romance scene.

while I like the tune, it seems passive for an epic end to a trilogy. Maybe once they amp it up with orchestral and/or vocals it'd seem more appropriate, but as of now TW2 and TW1 have better theme music.
Strange, I've got the opposite impression, it has a feeling of constantly moving, progressing forward in a slow but steady manner. I think it might fit in the game's overall theme well and I'm sure there's more to the track. I hope we'll hear it sooner than later.

Last edited:
I kind of liked it, but is this the main theme? Really? Well...uh okay.

Take into account it's pre-production. A lot can be added: choir, orchestra, all the epic stuff. I mean, try to imagine Skyrim's theme without the choir: it's just not complete. Do not worry bro, they'll deliver.

I was hoping they would do what they did with Witcher 1 and 2 theme songs, having similar traces of the Witcher theme in them.
THAT! :hatsoff: As a series, Witcher could have a single, recognisable theme, as TES does for instance!

A thing that I worry about though, and please don't quote me on that & correct if i'm wrong, is that both previous Witcher's sountracks were mostly generated digitally as TW wikia says (despite the vocals and violin in TW1 &+ vocals and guitar in TW2). I'm no musician but I can hear that it's not a real orchestra or instruments. Really, nothing can be compared to the sound of a full orchestra. Not mentioning the tremendous difference between experiencing it live in a philharmony vs recorded. Compare these two:

-Castlevania theme (recorded with a full orchestra)
http://youtu.be/LiPN0NLhAc0?t=2m55s

-The Witcher 2 theme (mostly synthetic?)
http://youtu.be/npsAcevrIzk?t=1m31s

I prefer Witcher's, melody-wise. But its sounds nearly monophonic, it lacks some depth, it's hard to describe it. I'd love them to make a session with a real orchestra for the symphonic parts... I think it isn't a huge cost, is it?

Well, The Witcher was never about being 'epic,' to be honest. They can afford to keep it fairly calm, I just don't think the tune is all that impressive. Better than TW2, which was a mess imo - trying to make a theme out of a fairly complex piece, they were just trying too hard.

Fable and Trine are the games that track would fit into, although I think it's OK for a romance scene.

Strange, I've got the opposite impression, it has a feeling of constantly moving, progressing forward in a slow but steady manner. I think it might fit in the game's overall theme well and I'm sure there's more to the track. I hope we'll hear it sooner than later.

If it progresses into something more mysterious,grand or tragic, then great. The little I've heard seems like peaceful village music. This is the game where we'll be searching for Yen, confronting the Wild Hunt and be entangled in an invasion by Nilfgaard. The main theme should reflect these big events.

That's exactly what I don't want them to do. Away with the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCGlIjLT8OQ#t=5m2s, please

I'm gonna be honest, I can listen to a wide variety of music, and I do like me some really epic tracks like that one every once in a while. But it just wouldn't fit The Witcher.

So I'm with you on this one, in the case of this particular franchise. But I don't mind that type of composition in general.

Anyway, moving away from the main theme, I hope we get to hear some more pieces like this one in No Man's Land:

[video=youtube;g-jnOgVNGDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jnOgVNGDE[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom