Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Yet earlier developers have stated the exact opposite. I would take that claim with a huge grain of salt.

I hope you re right. I think I wouldn't mind that the chase for Ciri last the whole game if I didn't know that so my disappointment for not finding be real but if it's true now I know it. It's not going to work for me. It will be like ... " Ho looks she's not there what a surprise... I didn't expect that at all" XD

Last edited:
So according to Damien the chase for Ciri will be for the whole game ! Great just great ! That is a HUGE SPOILER we didn't need at all ! Each time we will reach a place we know we will not be able to find her. And if we meet her only at the end we can kiss a real character developpement between her and Geralt goodbye ! If the chase for her last the whole game I am
really disappointed !
I don't think he meant it literally. Besides being a bummer all on it's own, it would mean the story for most part of the game would be just one thread. I highly doubt that's the case.

While sifting through some old material (http://www.sticktwiddlers.com/2013/10/23/cd-projekt-red-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-qa/), I happened to find this bit of amusement. It's rather old news, now, but I think it's still worth a chuckle.

To me, one of the most amusing details of game development to me is the accidental. So, are there any cool anecdotes you can share where something you didn’t expect happened (Such as the AI doing something completely different from what you had intended)?

“Here’s one that not many people may know about. You know that The Witcher universe is a pretty unique setting with pre-defined protagonist, the world, lore, etc. So when pitching our first title, going from door to door and being turned down we’ve finally met someone who was willing to publish the game.
Based on the market analysis that said publisher conducted, we were advised to make a few amendments to our game.
Here’s what they were suggesting, are you ready?

– Make the main protagonist female
– Replace the witcher with an elvish sorceress
– Change the name
– Add multiplayer

How’s that for an anecdote for you?”

Seemed rather appropriate, considering some of the questions we've seen of late. Aren't we glad they didn't listen to that publisher?

Last edited:
really disappointed !

Well, given the prophesy we see in the latest gameplay trailer
and if you find the girl, she will die *MANIC CACKLE*

In the books, all the prophesies came true, so having some extra time to think about what to do in regards to finding Ciri and delaying that inevitable union is probably a good idea. Pretty much what Kallinski said, anyway.

As for the youtubers visit, I came here to check how spoilerish they were accoding to y'all's commentary, but I see that my timezone doesn't mean anything to Poland/US. I suppose 'april 27' to me should be 'april 28'. (fortunately, though, May 19th is still may 19th, so I have no issues there)

So according to Damien the chase for Ciri will be for the whole game ! Great just great ! That is a HUGE SPOILER we didn't need at all ! Each time we will reach a place we know we will not be able to find her. And if we meet her only at the end we can kiss a real character developpement between her and Geralt goodbye ! If the chase for her last the whole game I am
really disappointed !

Does not mean you will not run into her until the end of the game. I would not be surprised if you run into her multiple times and then she must take off for whatever reason.

I mean, that does seem too silly to be true. Part of the big payoff of actually *finding* Ciri will be being able to actually experience the three as a family again. They have to give the player time to enjoy that payoff somewhere. And even if you do find her at the very end of the game, every interview has stated that you can continue playing after the main quest, which implies that there's no Great Big Sacrifice at the very end of the game like there was in the Books for Geralt, so it might even come to pass that you get to play house somewhere off on a farm after the main quest. That'd be nice.

Uhm...today youtubers should release something.
Now in USA is 3:00 AM, right?
So, is it safe to suppose that the new footage will be release at 18:00 CET?

10:30 am already... Still no signs of videos :(

I think the SSD's with the recorded content unlocked the 27th. So we still have to wait for the youtubers to edit it, render it and upload it. I expect the first videos to appear tonight. Probably first the interviews, since they require less editing.

really disappointed !

This is not true.

Top Bottom