Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
So much effort from CDPR and we get those awfull spoilery you tubers.
Only Gopher was true choice, he really know what is important and he presented the game so nice.
Hope he will be also invited in future for Cyberpunk.
And congratulations to CDPR for a such hard work and lovely game, can't wait to play it.
Thank you, it will be masterpiece.

Concerning difficulty I don't get the "Angst" some people show here. The one who beat the wolves naked played on normal, was overleveled and played in the beginner area. Do you really expect Dark Soul difficulty there?

Just start on hard or even "insane" if you like challenges, but I see no reason to make life hard for people who are mainly playing for the story and atmosphere.

Having said that, as a true bad ass, I will of course start playing it on highest difficulty and with permadeath (if the option is there).;)

If you're only in for the story you can always cheat a little at the beginning, giving you a headstart. I haven't done that for a long time now, preferring to take these games slow and at higher difficulties, but it's always an option.

That's also my order. One guy of Rocketbeans broke the Witcher statue in the buildings entrance though. That gave them a little minus. ;)

People complaining about the "quality" of most tof the videos have to keep in mind that CD Project Red want's to reach the followerbase of the youtuber's with these videos and not us. And these people like the way they play or edit their videos, otherwise they wouldn't follow/watch them on youtube.

Hopefully there will be more videos in the next days.
Still 3 russian, 2 brasilian, 2 english and 3 polish youtube channels left, which haven't shown any gameplay so far.

Last edited:
Great video Gopher!
I like what I'm seeing and hearing for the most part.
I don't agree about having to lock on to a target though, I almost never did in TW2 on XB360.
I'm on the fence about this armor & sword repair shit, it seem to be annoying.
After watching that, I have a real sense that this IS indeed The Witcher Game CDPR have always wanted to make from the start and then some.
That is CLEAR as day!!
TW1 & 2 were training wheels & steping stones, TW3 IS The Real Deal.
It's the First Full True Witcher Game as far as I can tell.t
Yes 19 more days left on this end ;)

Exactly friend... When I saw this repair stuff in the video I was like .. nonono please...hopefully its not that frequent...... its not like I want it totally gone.. but im afraid if not balanced right ... it could spoil some fun... but yeah other than that I really liked what I saw on some of the vids....I was amazed by some of the weather effects.... I think it was in melone macs video ... there was a storm ... the trees moving ... the rain and lightning ... just awesome... fighting monsters in those situations will probably really deliver the feels.... dark and gritty... love it :> ... 18 days the wait will be over soon

Last edited:
That video just confirmed one of my worst fears for the game, that any random thug with higher number next to his name will completely destroy Geralt in 1-3 hits while Geralt's attacks will be the equivalent of tickling them with a feather.

When will people learn that making levels too significant will completely ruin a game's balance??

I suspect that TW3 will join the ranks of the majority of open-world RPGs in that it will have appropriately challenging gameplay for about 10% of the game, the rest of the time you will either be illogically weak or completely faceroll everything.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either, I don't mind when they do loads of damage to you (there needs to be some balancing) but I hate it when enemies soak up 20 times more damage than an enemy of your level.

The pony stamina and fear level bar are kinda annoying. Maybe make it like in Skyrim ? If the pony gets tired, it gets tired. Get it ? If the pony is getting scared then he is getting scared. No need for those bars. Sorry for my english!

horse*

The pony stamina and fear level bar are kinda annoying. Maybe make it like in Skyrim ? If the pony gets tired, it gets tired. Get it ? If the pony is getting scared then he is getting scared. No need for those bars. Sorry for my english!

for the horse races it's probably important to have the stamina bar (so you can handle your resources better).
also, if you get thrown off your horse in the middle of a group of ghouls because you didn't know how scared he was you may die. so there are definitely uses for it.
but you can disable them in the settigs.

So much effort from CDPR and we get those awfull spoilery you tubers.
Only Gopher was true choice, he really know what is important and he presented the game so nice.
Hope he will be also invited in future for Cyberpunk.
And congratulations to CDPR for a such hard work and lovely game, can't wait to play it.
Thank you, it will be masterpiece.

I cannot agree more on this.

Thanks CDPR.
Now write down a script to speed up time if you can,
I need to play this game! :)

p.s. I just have two worries about the game at this point:
1) Inventory Size
2) Money Farming

In TW2 dark mode the hardest thing in the entire game was find a way to store your loot without destroying it / selling it and make orens for crafting/buying things...
The mobs, bossess and even the harderst fights were just tricky hobbies compared to this strategical backbone. (hours and hours of monster farming and tavern boxing were required to make an noticeable amount of orens to craft a single piece of armor.. even when all the secondary quests and minigames were done and closed)..

At the moment, the only mod that is running on my tw2 install is the infinite inventory one.. and the combat rebalance 2. :D
In dark mode.

Last edited:
for the horse races it's probably important to have the stamina bar (so you can handle your resources better).
also, if you get thrown off your horse in the middle of a group of ghouls because you didn't know how scared he was you may die. so there are definitely uses for it.
but you can disable them in the settigs.
if i can disable them that would be really cool :D. ty

According to what Peter Gelenscer said in the interview, or rather what he didn't said there will be unicorn in the game and maybe not only stuffed one

Isn't Novigrad based on medieval Amsterdam? I remember it so and the city looks like that, but in the interview in The verge they don't even metioned it once, but instead are talking about Nordic influences

It's inspired by Amsterdam, it's not based on it. And maybe they don't mention it just because they think it's common knowledge by now.

hey , wont cd projekt release a new fabulous sparkly trailer(with geralt doing a L'Oreal ad for extra fab?) yet? the hype is going down on non witcher fans...(seriously)

My only real gripes that's I've noticed so far, from watching the preview gameplay is; (Incoming tough love)

Disclaimer: I'm only judging with what I've seen, so far.

1: The skills / talents seem boring, again tbh. They mostly seem to be simply 'increase X ability effectiveness by Y%' or such, which seems super boring, like TW2's skills. Again, only judging with that I've seen, and that's what I've seen so far. Tbh, I still think TW1's talents were the most interesting.

2: A smaller issue, but the lock-on icon, is way too intrusive, imo. Huge orange looking thing blocking most of the monster's head. I know you can apparently disable the whole healthbar/lock on, but that's not really the same, is it.

Does anyone remembers that pix from CDPR HQ that captured a screen with a photo of festival in puerto rico or someplace with similar flag? My guess it's they are looking for inspiration for Toussaint. They really should check out Bonifacio :D

Top Bottom