Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Well he uploaded a video an hour ago so I guess that's fixed now. Hopefully there will be a video up either tonight or tomorrow.

He switched to WMM for his regular LP stuff, but he did tweet about him not being able to post a Witcher 3 video due to issues with Adobe.

Expect dark souls difficulty? oh come on, nobody even mentioned that game in this conversation.

All I was saying is that the game shouldnt get absolutely ridiculously easy or hard in absurd ways. Wolves in normal difficulty at the prologue should be easy, but if you fight with no armor, and no swords, and you let yourself be hit a lot, they should at least get remotely close to putting you in danger. Meaning that if you fight with equipment and any bare intention whatsoever of not wanting Geralt to die, then they would get easy as they should be.

Anyway the game is done, and thankfully this can all be modded in stats and item/enemy values, so I'll wait for a Believable Balance mod or something similar, or I'll just make it myself depending the complexity of the task and time.

I don't know why you're getting all fluttered at the difficulty. It seems like you just saw what you THOUGHT you saw and decided to just crusade on some crusade for no reason other than just to nit-pick. If you look closely and pay attention at that german girl who plays Geralt naked, when she's fighting the level 1 wolves, ofcourse she facerolls them like nobody's business... but if you CAREFULLY pay attention to the health bar whens he's doing the "body burning quest" you can see when she DOES get hit by those lvl 2 mobs she's losing about 10-15% of her life PER hit... when she gets hit by the level 4 mobs she's losing close to about 15-20% of her life PER hit... I don't remember, but I know she was either playing on a high level Geralt, or a lower difficulty.

When she fights those 2 guards at the end of the video, Ofcourse she does no damage to them... she's not using blade oils, is using lvl 1 swords (IF she's using a High level geralt, which I assume she is for purposes of showcasing the game, the fact that she's using a LVL 1 sword is indicative that levels don't exactly matter... c'mon if he's a high level Geralt, and it would be ALL about the levels, shouldn't she be one shotting everything EVEN with LVL 1 swords anyway?) , isn't using signs, doesn't have gear with any enhancements to damage dealt, isn't using potion boosts.

I say relax, and just wait to play the game before we jump the gun on claiming this, and that, etc...

when she's fighting the level 1 wolves, ofcourse she facerolls them like nobody's business

yeah so? thats not supposed to happen, it doesnt benefit the game in any way that i can think of. If she would've killed them easily AT LEAST trying a bit, then alright, but she just mashed the punch button, a testament of how easy it was.

but if you CAREFULLY pay attention to the health bar whens he's doing the "body burning quest" you can see when she DOES get hit by those lvl 2 mobs she's losing about 10-15% of her life PER hit... when she gets hit by the level 4 mobs she's losing close to about 15-20% of her life PER hit...

Is that enough though? 0 armor and you still need to be hit by dangerous monsters more than 5 times to die? I think she was overleveled like angry joe, but it only takes a quick guess to wonder what would happen, when I play, and I become level 40, and i go back to fight lvl 2 drowners...will I die in 30 hits? 50? In any case that example of the video was more acceptable, no problem, but what worries me are precisely the parts where the system is tested in more rigorous situations. Of course the game can be excellently balanced some times, its natural, the important is how much can it keep that through most of its encounters or a good number of them.

When she fights those 2 guards at the end of the video, Ofcourse she does no damage to them... she's not using blade oils, is using lvl 1 swords (IF she's using a High level geralt, which I assume she is for purposes of showcasing the game, the fact that she's using a LVL 1 sword is indicative that levels don't exactly matter... c'mon if he's a high level Geralt, and it would be ALL about the levels, shouldn't she be one shotting everything EVEN with LVL 1 swords anyway?) , isn't using signs, doesn't have gear with any enhancements to damage dealt, isn't using potion boosts.

Sorry but are you talking about the same video? the girl with pink hair? I think she just takes the box quest that CDPR released in a video sometime ago, and then the stream ends like that with no fights. I cant quite see what 2 guards you mention.

However, when I meant levels matter, swords are included, because they simply have levels too :p. Nothing is ALL about levels, but the point is to try to minimize the number of situations where leveling makes the game feel a bit immersion breaking or simply has negative result out of levels. I actually expect many combat encounters in the game to be more or less well balanced, but what about the rest?

I say relax, and just wait to play the game before we jump the gun on claiming this, and that, etc...

I'm relaxed, I'm not really too worried about this, there's nothing left for me to do anyway, I've been crazy excited for TW3 and still am, but Im a bit surprised thats the thing. I wasnt expecting to see such weird examples of leveling breaking believability in just a batch of vids thats all.

One thing though is, I doubt now how should I play the game. I was going to play with level indicators turned off and just roam the world encountering monsters and measuring if they are too strong by myself. But now that I see this, I might have a better time playing in a more directed way by only fighting enemies whose level matches mine so that the fights make sense otherwise I could encounter lots of situations where enemies are almost unbeatable or I am unbeatable.

This is getting no where. It was obviously a conscious design choice. You may not like it but there are many who want to face roll a level 1 wolf without lifting a finger when they are level 25. It's neither inherently bad nor inherently good. It's just the way developers chose to go with the game. I prefer it this way because in an RPG, your character's progression should be just as much of a factor if not more so than your skill; unlike a game like Dark souls where player's skill matters much more than character progression.

Look at difference here:

SOMEBODY MAKE HD TEXTURE MOD PLEASE!!!

Bottom shot must be consol or what ultra pc is. Look at ground textures.. its pure CGI Bullshot and then PC footage.. Game still looks great but we have been had.. big time. The above two shots are not the same game. If you think its just colur correcting ... you need new eyes.. I work in 3d.. there is a massive difference in effects and content here.

no chimney smoke anymore?

Last edited:
@oOParaOo Go to the Visuals thread, read my post there at page 50, and please oh please keep this discussion there you guys. I'm tired of this subject enough as it is. I don't want to see it in the thread that I go to when I want to look at the "news" about the game. Not a half-year recurrence.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when will Gopher's third video come up?

Edit: Apparently tomorrow, if anyone wonders the same thing:

LoL i was just about to ask the same thing please gopher we need more videos from ya bro

People complaining about the "quality" of most tof the videos have to keep in mind that CD Project Red want's to reach the followerbase of the youtuber's with these videos and not us. And these people like the way they play or edit their videos, otherwise they wouldn't follow/watch them on youtube.

Hopefully there will be more videos in the next days.
Still 3 russian, 2 brasilian, 2 english and 3 polish youtube channels left, which haven't shown any gameplay so far.

It looks like these brazilian people wont be posting anything its just a shame people go to such a nice place and dont post anything (gameplay) for us to see i want to downvote that coisadenerd so much boo hoo for him!

BTW I am brazilian

Well, Jovem Nerd uploaded today a video about Star Wars...25 min speaking about the trailer....

I think the wrong Brazilian Youtuber was choosen....

The other one is having internet problems (he's in Germany right now) he's trying to edit and upload a video, hopefuly it's the gameplay

This is getting no where. It was obviously a conscious design choice. You may not like it but there are many who want to face roll a level 1 wolf without lifting a finger when they are level 25. It's neither inherently bad nor inherently good. It's just the way developers chose to go with the game. I prefer it this way because in an RPG, your character's progression should be just as much of a factor if not more so than your skill; unlike a game like Dark souls where player's skill matters much more than character progression.

Yeah of course its not inherently bad, im not trying to say that, however my point isnt about lack of player skill mattering, its about breaking lore, immersion, believability, logic, and a couple other things, with no sizable benefits to counter weight all thats lost.

I'll shut up though cause like I said there's nothing to do about it.

Well, Jovem Nerd uploaded today a video about Star Wars...25 min speaking about the trailer....

The other one is having internet problems (he's in Germany right now) he's trying to edit and upload a video, hopefuly it's the gameplay

Do you think CD Projekt Red made a mistake when they invited coisadenerd instead of Jovem Nerd?

Jovem Nerd always put gameplays in monday, so probably it will be posted in the next week.

"strong female characters, Yennefer in particular appears to be almost superior to Geralt, they don't wait for Geralt to go on a journey with him
Quest designer Nikolas Kolm: "For me Cirilla is the main character in Witcher 3. The story is actually about her. Geralt is just the vessel through which we narrate the story."

Ehhhh. I hope they tread carefully with this approach.

Do you think CD Projekt Red made a mistake when they invited coisadenerd instead of Jovem Nerd?

I Think Zangado's Chanel would been better than Jovem Nerd. It's bigger and he would probably post faster and give the proper attention.

Leon (Coisa de Nerd) didn't posted yet but made a trip video about the invite and CD RED. Showed much more interest.

Well, let''s hope both videos come out this week. Some gameplay with portuguese audio would be nice

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

Jovem Nerd always put gameplays in monday, so probably it will be posted in the next week.

Let's hope

"strong female characters, Yennefer in particular appears to be almost superior to Geralt, they don't wait for Geralt to go on a journey with him
Quest designer Nikolas Kolm: "For me Cirilla is the main character in Witcher 3. The story is actually about her. Geralt is just the vessel through which we narrate the story."

Ehhhh. I hope they tread carefully with this approach.

Bah, they just have to properly set up Witcher 4... with Ciri as main protagonist... :D

By the way, it seems like there should appear some PS4 gameplay videos soon:

I don't get it. Ciri isn't a witcher, how could she be faster than Geralt, maybe more agile sure, but she's no witcher.
I think they meant her general movement speed, not necessarily combat speed. But probably she just appears to be more agile and less "weighted" than Geralt who works even more with force than Ciri. I don't know, we have to see... ;)

Last edited:
Sounds like Assassin's Creed bullshit, where all the assassins are vessels to convey a message to Desmond.

Top Bottom