Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Most definately something to do with the marketing rights with microsoft for starts. Get the PS4 version out fo the way then pile on the limelight for XBOX and PC after the rage has has risen over the PS4 version.
Then again from a technical standpoint when the texture issues and popins and framreate issues get flamed over in the review the one and only reply will be " but this is the playstation version blame the console" you know its going to happen them comment sections get pretty grim at the best of times

The games should have been pretty well "optimized" before the game went gold as they even said themselves that you can play the games from the get go without the day one update.

What in the world are you on about? Why would there be any rage over the ps4 version? We've seen plenty of video of all three versions and they all look fantastic. There are no framerate, texture or pop in issues. All open world games have some pop in and The Witcher 3 has less than most.

Igni can scare horses and cause them to toss their riders. That was new info for me.

EDIT:

Running through a portal made by Yennefer will teleport you to another location, even if it wasn't meant for you to go through it.

Last edited:
Jesse talk about the equipment and that there are a great variety of items. But he also says that Geralt can use Axes for example. I am not sure if you really can or if he just said it without thinking. Can someone confirm or deny if we can hold other weapons than swords? Because I never saw anything besides the swords and I doubt you can.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm or deny if we can hold other weapons than swords? Because I never saw anything besides the swords.

Yeah I've heard a couple of youtubers say axes are an option. I'm not sure if that qualifies as "confirmation," but take it for what it's worth. Here's the first news article that popped up when I searched for "Witcher 3 axes" that mentions them:

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-revamped-site-amazing-screenshots/

Equipment
As a monster hunter, Geralt has an extensive arsenal of weapons at his disposal. From swords and axes to crossbows and unique gear available only from the finest crafters, the tools of Geralt’s trade allow him to deal death in many ways. The wide variety of armor available to Geralt absorbs both physical and magical attacks, thereby delaying the witcher’s own demise, while potent blade oils and bombs give him an extra edge in combat. Thanks to his training in alchemy, Geralt can gather rare herbs along his path and use them to brew special, highly toxic concoctions. His potions would kill any ordinary human, but Geralt’s mutations let him metabolize them. They grant him abilities that include seeing in the dark, moving faster, striking with added force… and much, much more.

Jesse talk about the equipment and that there are a great variety of items. But he also says that Geralt can use Axes for example. I am not sure if you really can or if he just said it without thinking. Can someone confirm or deny if we can hold other weapons than swords? Because I never saw anything besides the swords and I doubt you can.

Yeah, you can use other weapons besides sword. CDPR showed it off in the Twitch combat video they did last week. They said they arent all that useful.

Top Bottom