Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Now I'm pissed off. We had a chance to fully experience the combat system, test the responsiveness of the dodging system & anatomy system, and that chance has been wasted. I hope that journalist feels bad about himself. I REALLY DO

So... You haven't seen Breaking Bad, huh?
It's not a real Vesemir model, it's an actor playing a badass character in the mentioned series.

I beg your pardon, I only saw the 2 first seasons. Sorry if I've misunderstood you because the pic.

You gotta admit though, he looks similar.

I've not say the opposite. Butg I still see more Anthony than Bryan i that vid.

Let's back to topic

Last edited:
Now I'm pissed off. We had a chance to fully experience the combat system, test the responsiveness of the dodging system & anatomy system, and that chance has been wasted. I hope that journalist feels bad about himself. I REALLY DO

View attachment 12108

Attachments

• 57564648.jpg
    57564648.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 57
Pretty fun video to watch. The guy didn't know how to fight the Griffin indeed but i just loved the environment and the view distance, as much as it was possible to see :D

it´s really funny but most of the journalist don´t now how to play. they cannot understand the easiest mechanics. even AngryJoe (i love the funny stuff that he makes).
And they say that DMC, Dark Souls or the Witcher are Hard....they just suck at gaming. It´s not a casual game, it wont hold your hand.

Nope, i doubt that at this point they care that much for a few minutes of shaky camera prologue footage. Besides, just because it looks like a leak doesn't mean they weren't allowed to record or take pictures.

Also, seing the artwork from that beaver site i'm now unsurprised at their name -_- however the fotos are nice.

Everyone should definitely go throw @Agent Bleu a REDpoint in the LINKS thread, some completely new footage in that video.
To make the discussion easier here I'll re-post with time-stamps for the footage.

Underwater + Vesemir cutscene (Although the guy skips through most of it)

Griffin Battle

The Griffin's movements/animations looks really smooth, and once again the lighting just looks fucking gorgeous. Underwater also looks pretty neat.

Also: No Regenerating HP in the battle if you don't use potions/consumables, as it should be!!

His strafing and dodge animations are really smooth now. That water section is gorgeous. All the footage we've seen has been during the day, mostly clear skies. I can't wait to see the environments in various weather, especially the rain. One thing I see missing but I hope is there - when a big creature would hit Geralt in TW2, he was sent flying back about ten feet. He would literally lose his sword, fish around on the ground for it, then pick himself up. It was a wonderful sequence of animations and you really felt the impact.. Here when the Griffin hits him, he just staggers a bit. The violent of the blow is not there.

(...) when a big creature would hit Geralt in TW2, he was sent flying back about ten feet. He would literally lose his sword, fish around on the ground for it, then pick himself up. (...)
Wait, was that a thing in TW2? I can't recall anything like that. Maybe it's time to replay the game.

Wait, was that a thing in TW2? I can't recall anything like that. Maybe it's time to replay the game.

Camera isn't ideal here but at 3:10 and 3:30, he's sent hurtling forward and eats dirt. It was the case with any big monster, unless you had Quen up. Of course even Quen can't mitigate a blow from the Kayran.

Last edited:
Everyone should definitely go throw @Agent Bleu a REDpoint in the LINKS thread, some completely new footage in that video.
To make the discussion easier here I'll re-post with time-stamps for the footage.

Underwater + Vesemir cutscene (Although the guy skips through most of it)

Griffin Battle

The Griffin's movements/animations looks really smooth, and once again the lighting just looks fucking gorgeous. Underwater also looks pretty neat.

Also: No Regenerating HP in the battle if you don't use potions/consumables, as it should be!!

LOL notice that in the video during the battle with Grffin, The lonely sheep in the Farm is not even afraid of Geralt or Griffin, it doesn't move an inch

View attachment 12111

:D

Attachments

• Capteeeeure.JPG
    Capteeeeure.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 61
Camera isn't ideal here but at 3:10 and 3:30, he's sent hurtling forward and eats dirt. It was the case with any big monster, unless you had Quen up. Of course even Quen can't mitigate a blow from the Kayran.

Ah, now I remember, so basically this happened during boss fights. Since there's no (traditional) boss battles in TW3, it would indeed be nice to have those animations when fighting bigger creatures.

LOL notice that in the video during the battle with Grffin, The lonely sheep in the Farm is not even afraid of Geralt or Griffin, it doesn't move an inch

View attachment 12111

I thought so too, but others have pointed out that its actually a decoy. If you pause when the camera is closest to it you can make out the little sticks under it. That also explains why it pretty much never moves.

View attachment 12111

It's a decoy sheep, you can see its wooden legs!
Dang.. that footage looks so smooth and solid, I like it a lot.
Geralt can run pretty fast too, and it does look like a fantasy RDR RPG on steriods.
Good Job CDPR Team, I can't wait! :)

Last edited:
I thought so too, but others have pointed out that its actually a decoy. If you pause when the camera is closest to it you can make out the little sticks under it. That also explains why it pretty much never moves.

Confirmed Geralt will use Bait to Draw out and Hunt down Monsters.
Nice observation ;)

Top Bottom