Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+

I just don't like when some developer is referencing Metacritics when talking about the quality of their games.. I know, maybe for the investors it is a interesting and important information, but after the news how people from Obsidian didn't get bonuses for Fallout New Vegas (which is a fantastic game and much better than F3) because the game didn't had 85 % score on Metacritics - they game had 84 % (1 % difference !) - I hate when someone from the videogame scene uses Metacritics as some important source of if their game was success or a failure ... I really hope that CD Projekt RED aren't going to make the next games with the mindset that they need to make a game that needs to have big numbers on Metacritics.. make games which you like, how you want to make them is absolutely onto you and for fans - not what Metacritics dictates

@misho8723 I agree with you. However, to be honest, I think the reason he mentions MC is that he is doing the interview with a Game Business website. So he kinda has to talk about the financial success and business side of things. I'm sure they will strive to make games with incredibly high scores, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they would move away from making quality games, right? I mean, Valve makes (made) games with incredibly high scores, and so does Rockstar; but we wouldn't say that their games are made only to get high scores. They inherently score higher because of the quality of their work. In my opinion, if CDPR continues to focus on making top quality games and getting high scores implicitly because of that quality, we have nothing to worry about (which is I feel what Marcin meant).

Was this posted?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/28/th...skellige-isles-combined-to-release-before-e3/

The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine as big as Skellige Isles combined, to release before E3.
Graphics for the new area have been improved and CDPR was thinking if they should replace for example the grass on the WHOLE map with the new, better grass. A joke was made that the improved graphics now look better than what we saw at the E3 2014 trailer ;-)

Was this posted?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/28/th...skellige-isles-combined-to-release-before-e3/

The Witcher 3 Blood & Wine as big as Skellige Isles combined, to release before E3.
Graphics for the new area have been improved and CDPR was thinking if they should replace for example the grass on the WHOLE map with the new, better grass. A joke was made that the improved graphics now look better than what we saw at the E3 2014 trailer ;-)
Gawd I hope so...that would be awesome!! I'd just play Blood & Wine over & over again.. until CP2077 comes out, can't wait for another witcher game tho! :)

Great article, I've a good feeling that CDPR is going to become the next big gaming studio. Bethesda has to step up their game.

I don't think Bethesda need to step up their game, because their games offer something different. Granted, on consoles TES games get dull fast, but the possibilities are endless on PC. Games such as Skyrim and Oblivion are unrecognisable from the vanilla games if you so wish them to be. TES games you can fritter aways 100's of hours and never touch the main quest, whereas the likes of the Witcher 3 you're more or less forced to progress the story. Beth give players an open world and a blank canvas to create our own individual experiences if we so wish to do so.

If any dev has to worry, it's BioWare. If DA:I is anything to go by, they want to give us an open world game with a story. They succeeded in neither.

Fun fact I encountered yesterday - Witcher sales account for 5% of whole Polish exports to USA :)
That is fuckin crazy. CDPR is going to take over Poland by splitting up in two companies. Its going to be CDPR and CDPR-North and they will slowly take over Poland by sending in their troops from the west. The 2 days later CDPR-North will invade from the east for a complete takeover. And yes that is a ww2 reference.
:hurt:

But in all seriousness that is really cool. Im happy for you CDPR just dont turn into EA or UbiGods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAj7IF8Ji7Y

Video where CDPR Senior editor discusses Blood & Wine and animation. Starts around 5:00 minutes into video.

EDIT: It seems to confirm that Blood & Wine will be just like HoS in that you can play it during or after main quest, or start the expansion directly from the start screen.

Last edited:
I don't think Bethesda need to step up their game, because their games offer something different. Granted, on consoles TES games get dull fast, but the possibilities are endless on PC. Games such as Skyrim and Oblivion are unrecognisable from the vanilla games if you so wish them to be. TES games you can fritter aways 100's of hours and never touch the main quest, whereas the likes of the Witcher 3 you're more or less forced to progress the story. Beth give players an open world and a blank canvas to create our own individual experiences if we so wish to do so. If any dev has to worry, it's BioWare. If DA:I is anything to go by, they want to give us an open world game with a story. They succeeded in neither.

Yeah, that's a good point. As superior I personally feel the Witcher is to Elder Scrolls, there's no doubt ES wins in the modding department.

As for Bioware, yeah, they're kind of in trouble. I think this next Mass Effect will be their last chance to show they haven't lost their magic, especially with CDPR also doing Cyberpunk.

You guys can check the new achievements for blood and wine in steam if you want.

But careful! Some of them could be spoilers ;)

For me is perfect. I really could use some more slots.

For me it's also perfect! There are still some cool abilities which I'm not using because of only 9 slots. It will definitely change my tactics a bit. I think I'm gonna invest more in Signs because my build is 3 red, 3 blue, 5 green, 1 yellow.

Top Bottom