Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
You mean the Griffon fight footage? It is the January build, on high preset (I'm assuming they use the same settings preset on every press hands-on event).

You mean the Griffon fight footage? It is the January build, on high preset (I'm assuming they use the same settings preset on every press hands-on event).

Yeah the griffon one and with Geralt swimming, nice so final build will have better gfx plus ultra. That's good to read for sure, cuz the game looked pretty damn good.

Hi guys : Im sharing this statement that I read in Wcctech from one of the Cd projekt developers .

Monnier explained:

“We can not talk of a downgrade of The Witcher 3 on consoles simply because initially did not even know the specifications of these hardware,” said Monnier. “So we developed the game on PC and then we tried to adapt it to the console. A process similar to that which we use to make the game compatible with the greatest number of configurations possible. ”
“It was not easy, moreover,” continued the designer, “because initially the instruments were still immature. Also for this reason we had to postpone the game twice. A little ‘because we are perfectionists, slightly because the result that we could get not meet our expectations. “

Read more: http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-wild-hunt-downgrade-consoles/#ixzz3WT8crBxl

Personally I think Wcctech takes a little too much creative freedom in interpreting what Monnier said in his answer. As I understand it Monnier was not saying the consoles held PC back but rather he was saying they had initial technical difficulties to adapt the game to both consoles and make it run in the quality they wanted. As such they had to postpone the game twice to ensure the game met their expectations of graphic quality.

Personally I think Wcctech takes a little too much creative freedom in interpreting what Monnier said in his answer. As I understand it Monnier was not saying the consoles held PC back but rather he was saying they had initial technical difficulties to adapt the game to both consoles and make it run in the quality they wanted. As such they had to postpone the game twice to ensure the game met their expectations of graphic quality.

Exactly !

Unfortunately it is a common practice among journalists to purposely twist the words of people whom they interview in order to create controversy, because controversy brings them views. What is the hot topic in the gaming industry as of late ? The downgrade of games on PC for the sake of consoles.
Take it with a grain of salt.

I'm so glad they changed the combat controls since January, A is fast attack & X is heavy attack now just like it was in TW2.
B is fast dodge still and Y is now the roll, this seems way better now.
I can't wait, I wonder since they changed the roll from holding down B to Y, if we still have to hold down Y now?
I hope not, I think if we tap Y like B and Geralt rolls like he did inTW2 that would be fine.
I like what they are doing here, it seems to have a good balance.
A/B=Fast attack / Fast dodge, to X/Y= Heavy attack / slower dodge but longer distance, maybe the roll is not slower but it's really cool to have both options now that they compliment the fast and slower heavy attacks.
I bet it feels good once we learn it, THE ONE THING THEY NEED TO CHANGE, I think is...NOT having us push A to select our desired sign/spell.
It was like that in TW2 on XB360 and I don't like it at all, it breaks the flow in combat. e.g we already break the flow to bring up the wheel, but to also push A to confirm our sign, I'm sorry..but that's silly/stupid and slow. It needs to be like RDR, just drag and that's it. There is absolutley no reason to push A, just hold LB move toggle to highlight your sign and go! Non of this push A crap first, please try it out devs and let me know what you think really feels better? Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Anyone know what settings the Damien interview the game is being played on?

"the graphics on PCs were set up on "high", but if you want you could also go for very high" - that's about Griffin footage. Anybody knows what very high means? Did the guy mean ultra or we have also very high before ultra ?

I'm so glad they changed the combat controls since January, A is fast attack & X is heavy attack now just like it was in TW2.
I can't wait, I wonder since they changed the roll from holding down B to Y, if we still have to hold down Y now?
I hope not, I think if we tap Y like B and Geralt rolls like he did inTW2 that would be fine.
I like what they are doing here, it seems to have a good balance.
A/B=Fast attack / Fast dodge, to X/Y= Heavy attack / slower dodge but longer distance, maybe the roll is not slower but it's really cool to have both options now that they compliment the fast and slower heavy attacks.
I bet it feels good once we learn it, THE ONE THING THEY NEED TO CHANGE, I think is...NOT having us push A to select our desired sign/spell.
It was like that in TW2 on XB360 and I don't like it at all, it breaks the flow in combat. e.g we already break the flow to bring up the wheel, but to also push A to confirm our sign, I'm sorry..but that's silly/stupid and slow. It needs to be like RDR, just drag and that's it. There is absolutley no reason to push A, just hold LB move toggle to highlight your sign and go! Non of this push A crap first, please try it out devs and let me know what you think really feels better? Thanks ;)

Yeah, Im not fond of the wheel either. I wish they had used a quickfire method similar to Batman so that using them wouldnt have to break up the action at all.

I don't like this at all and I hope you can remap this, otherwise I won't be playing this with a controller, well it was not like I was definitely playing with a controller but just checking out how the controls feel.

Last edited:
I don't like this at all and I hope you can remap this, otherwise I won't be playing this with a controller, well it was not like I was definitely playing with a controller but just checking out how the controls feel.

I think its actually X=Fast attack, Y=Heavy attack, A=Roll, B=short dodge.

-Obviously playing on a PS4, but it seems like it was still the January Build

-Journalist says that Dark Mode still has Permadeath - so we're still looking at conflicting information regarding permadeath.

I wonder if the Jan build had permadeath and its since changed.

Didn't Marcin state on the Polish forum that today we would get a new trailer?

-Diving was a complete "spur of the moment" addition, and never initially planned. Apparently it was added when the game was around 60% feature complete, and ended up being a huge amount of work, but they feel it was worth it due to the extra layer it adds to the world/gameplay.
I kinda guessed so, it was a rather unexpected feature to me. Maybe they felt like the map had a lot of water, so why not add this extra to make things more interesting.

-Once again the Ice Skating was brought up. Jose seemed really, really keen on bringing it in as a DLC.
Good to hear, would be very unique.

Last edited:
So where is gameplay that supposed to be released today, any links?

Today is a very long term, especially that Marcin likes to "count to it" all the different time zones, but still I doubt it will go from CDPR because we have a major holiday today in Poland, i would rather count on some major site to realest a hands-on, mb IGN? they have mention sth on twitter that big news are coming...

Today is a very long term, especially that Marcin likes to "count to it" all the different time zones, but still I doubt it will go from CDPR because we have a major holiday today in Poland, i would rather count on some major site to realest a hands-on, mb IGN? they have mention sth on twitter that big news are coming...
Hey its Easter Monday in UK and I am at work sure there is few volunteers who's at work at CDPR now...?

Last edited:
Top Bottom