Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
After watching all 3 gamespot videos I have to state, personally being little bit disappointed. Really few new gameplay scenes or informations and kinda little bit too much of the journalist himself in this series.

Not that don't like them overall, but still ...^^

Well in one of the many interviews they said that the game has more than 200 quests or so, so I don't thing 8 - 10 main quests are a thing.. he said how many main quests the game has but I don't remember exactly but it was definitely way, way higher than 8 or 10
I can see 8-10 main quests, each taking an average of 1 game week to complete when mixed with the various 'main story side quests', 'other monster hunting quests', minor quests and exploration...

I doubt you can merely breeze through the main quests ~ it was suggested that one or both of the "witch and baron" quests were needed to move the main quest on, though neither had to be completed, it was necessary to progress in them.

YMMV, but this is how I understood it.

After watching all 3 gamespot videos I have to state, personally being little bit disappointed. Really few new gameplay scenes or informations and kinda little bit too much of the journalist himself in this series.

Not that don't like them overall, but still ...^^

yeah, have to wait for youtubers, AngryJoe and other dudes, as far as I remember it will be after 27th?

Last edited:
I can see 8-10 main quests, each taking an average of 1 game week to complete when mixed with the various 'main story side quests', 'other monster hunting quests', minor quests and exploration...

I doubt you can merely breeze through the main quests ~ it was suggested that one or both of the "witch and baron" quests were needed to move the main quest on, though neither had to be completed, it was necessary to progress in them.

YMMV, but this is how I understood it.

Maybe he meant he DID 8 - 10 main quests or that there were 8 - 10 main quests he got to see or that there are 8- 10 main quests in this "act". (it's possible they still have "acts", even with the open world. The narrative structure doesn't have to change even if everything is accessible. Maybe if you finish a specific main quest and trigger and event you will conclude an "act".)

With that being said, I also can imagine 10 main quests being the complete game.
I mean, think about it, there were more than one quest in TW1 and TW2 where the goal was just "finish the subquests 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and than talk to person X to continue. Need I remind you of the investigation quest in Vizima or the Battle of the Wraiths or the Cure for Saskia? or, or, or.)

Also, there might be more than one "main quest" in certain areas and to certain times but you only might be able to continue the main story with ONE of them.

Maybe he meant that there are 8 - 10 main quests that ultimately "continue" the story and bring it forward. And if you go by this any quest that comes before it, or is a sub-quest to it does not count.

Also, CDPR explained multiple times that main quest have a very non-linear structure in terms of arrangement. They explained there will be situations in the game where we can do either X or Y and based on that we will expereince one part of the "main story" earlier, get a different perspective on it and maybe even a slightly different world state and a different amount of information. If that happens more than twice in the game the number of quests you have to do for the main storyline will not be limited to 8 - 10. Or lets say the number of quests you CAN do for the main storyline, because maybe you only "have to" do 8 - 10 of them to really get to the end. What end that is however, is not said. We know CDPR don't give a s*** about people missing content. Want all the content? Replay it and pay more attention (right?).

Just something to keep in mind.....

I already pre-ordered "The World of the Witcher" now a video comes out saying that there is a collector's edition of the book, but I cannot find where to purchase it, or is it a pre-order deal, or maybe that stuff is included in all hardback editions. Could someone shed light on this?
https://youtu.be/T4xELuRQ490

At least the armor would not have become useless forever.
This makes zero sense to me.
Why even implement something like that or even keep the players from using armors until you reach a certain level ? It destroys the sense of accomplishment and kills the motivation.

Why? So you wouldn't be OP early on. How about that? I actually hate being OP too early in any game i play.

Just a short note here when it comes to Quests and the number of them.

Ignore this.

The number of quests in the game has nothing to do with how many adventures you will actually have. Many Quests will stay with you for very long periods of the game and guide you along other quests and a lot of encounters might not even have Journal Entries, but still have a storyline to them.

In other words, the numbers don't mean anything. It's all about how you experience and play the game, which is why reports on the game length have been so varied.

My humble suggestion....ignore the numbers and when the game launches, just let yourself experience where the stories take you. I promise we did all we could to fill any path you can take with interesting things for you to experience.

Cheers and good night!

Ignore this.

The number of quests in the game has nothing to do with how many adventures you will actually have. Many Quests will stay with you for very long periods of the game and guide you along other quests and a lot of encounters might not even have Journal Entries, but still have a storyline to them.

In other words, the numbers don't mean anything. It's all about how you experience and play the game, which is why reports on the game length have been so varied.

My humble suggestion....ignore the numbers and when the game launches, just let yourself experience where the stories take you. I promise we did all we could to fill any path you can take with interesting things for you to experience.

Cheers and good night!

That's always been my way of playing the Witcher saga, and it'll be the same for TW3. You have created an awesome organic world and allow us to guide Geralt in it. Who cares about numbers when feeleings fill your heart? ;)

Thank you. Very much. Forever.

Question and or gripe about "Precious Cargo"

The end choice seemed cut and dried. If I was playing this in a more open P&P RPG I would have taken the money for the job, then turned him in for a insurgent and gotten paid again, maybe even rifled his pockets before giving him over. Is that possible in this game or this quest? Or are you stuck choosing between two rewards and thus in some way perhaps picking a team? It wasn't clear what the medicine reward might have become (maybe a fight). This is why I save and reload these things, because I'm not always sure that my immediate intention is possible.

Ignore this.

Cheers and good night!

Thank you for the clarification!

So its exactly as i thought.. there are Quests like "vizima confidential" or"witchers secrets" wich can span the entiry Game or big chunks of it.

So the number doesnt say anything about length of the Main Quest.

So people Pre-ordering Witcher 3 Standard copy on Amazon.com will get a 48-page hardcover comic describes the events preceding the Killing Monsters trailer.

View attachment 12833

I wonder if I will be able to buy this later separately, Same goes with Physical copies of Gwent card decks too. Also

View attachment 12834

Which edition or store exclusive has the above steelbook?

Attachments

• the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_05_01_2015_23.jpg
    the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_05_01_2015_23.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 34
  • ref=amb_link_417184242_1.jpg
    ref=amb_link_417184242_1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 38
Question and or gripe about "Precious Cargo"

The end choice seemed cut and dried. If I was playing this in a more open P&P RPG I would have taken the money for the job, then turned him in for a insurgent and gotten paid again, maybe even rifled his pockets before giving him over. Is that possible in this game or this quest? Or are you stuck choosing between two rewards and thus in some way perhaps picking a team? It wasn't clear what the medicine reward might have become (maybe a fight). This is why I save and reload these things, because I'm not always sure that my immediate intention is possible.

As I explained earlier, the quest can end in multiple ways. Catching him on the run is just one of them. However, while we do attempt to give the player many options, there are two things to consider:

1) Geralt's Moral Compass
Any choice must always be explainable to be taken by Geralt. He has a certain character and it would just not make sense for him to do certain things. This is very important to us as we want fans of the series to feel like even though they make the choices, they are choices Geralt could conceivably take.

2) Budget
We simply cannot include all possibilities in a game. It's downright impossible at the moment. Especially since we like to have consequences as well. Together this results in one simple truth, right now, we cannot possibly cover every possible action a player might want to take or think of. Eventually, maybe. ;)

And that's really it. Hope that explains a bit.

I love the quest.
It is so morally ambiguous. It seems like letting the man go with the medicine is the lesser of two evils, because he is going to save the lives of his brother in arms. But if you think about it, he might just be outright lying to your face. He might have planned to steal the medicine and then sell it to the Nilfgaardians to make money.
I would turn him in, because he admitted to murder and his motive is ambiguous..

Top Bottom