Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Absolutely. When I answer the "how long is the game" question, I always say "It depends on how much you choose to do". There is a MASSIVE amount of optional content in the game for those who want to play it, but not everyone plays a game like Wild Hunt the same way. Some people choose to basically play the critical path (the core storyline that gets you from the start till the end of the game). Sure, maybe a few sidequests or a little exploration, but mostly the crit path and done. These people will still enjoy the game as the crit path alone is a great story, but they will not play for 200 hours. Other people will do more side quests or crafting, or exploration or Gwent games or take longer in combat or whatever. These people will play between 50-200 hours, again, depending on how much they choose to do. And there will be those people who do absolutely everything, read all the text, scrutinize maps, plan combats to the letter, visit everything, see everything, collect everything. These are the people who will get 200ish hours out of the game.

There is a lot of optional, fun content in Wild Hunt, but what you get out of it, depends on the time you put into it. Your results may vary. :)

I mean...that is kind of obvious.

tons of info.... there will be some equipment from the other schools.
ggogle traductor

U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt" high action and stories degree of freedom in the developer interviews, close to Craft
Statement: Ru ~ pa
I send in LINE

From Spike Chunsoft, PS4 / Xbox One for RPG to be released on May 21 "U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt". I See developer interview that worked on this film.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
 "U~itcha" was Polish writers Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy novel and original work. This work will be a living the demon extermination in one-Gerald is hero of "U~itcha", will invest themselves and into the battle that conspiracy of various person swirling.

"U~itcha 3", bathed vast open world that also extends to about 35 times that of previous work, such as the overwhelming production of the latest game engine produces, has been included is plenty ambitious elements, a high attention before its release in overseas to have. Also, in Japan it is a point that can not be overlooked element of the first series of full localization.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
 Are you responded to various questions in this interview, than the developer of CD PROJEKT RED, Travis reaper's English writer / translator, level designer Miles Tost's, business Development Manager Rafale the burn, and Honma Satoru's localization producer from Spike Chunsoft of Japan version of Publisher. And attractions that were found in the play that went before the interview, to deliver the passion of creators. Interview that was published in November last year expected to have received a look, together with. It should be noted that, during the interview titles omitted.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ Honma's from left, Travis, Mr. Miles's, Rafale's.
■ must-see is the person who met in adventure until it brings together a scene!

- Game at the start "Either the simulation to take over the previous work of the save data, whether or not", but there was an item of, or in the case you did not and if you have here to ON, Will there be any changes?

Travis : incoming character is changed or that out to the quest, you can change the history of up to episode of ending. Although strong weapon to early in when there is a save data "2" primary "U~itcha" in the past of the series there was a privilege that enters the hand, with those that have a significant impact until there currently is not available. Since the difficulty level of the game there is no element of change, people who are playing the previous work it is recommended to play the takeover, not carried over those who do not.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ screen shot of the image "U~itcha 2". "U~itcha 3", has finished in the title that can seamlessly play even in people who do not play the previous work.
- That there is mainly changes in the story surface.

Miles : When finished the first tutorial advance a little, some conversation scene are available. There can I Gerald of hero has been doing what kind of action in the past, will come out a scene, such as the question-and-answer session that. So history and results of the past work is going to be fed back into the game, it has become a form such as.

- Attention point of the story?

Travis : It is "a man of living like that Gerald". 've Gerald is have a variety of journey in the past works, this time I am against the spot to "really important people" of Gerald. Gerald can help such a people, has become an important point where you like or eliminate the danger approaching. Located on early in the trailer, but the first is looking for a man named I~enefa, then will continue to expand the story and so on ...... looking for a serial. What is the thing you feel Gerald is truly important in such? Possible if he himself, whether going to act? I want asked to pay attention to such a way of life.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ I~enefa to use powerful magic. Gerald A has past that was in love before.
- Please tell me if there is a favorite scene.

Travis : I do not talk about details because become spoilers, what I love is the scene that reunion with people I met through the adventure. Therefore, in order are conversation vary greatly depending on behavior of up to and exchanged, even if many times play can play with a fresh feeling. In addition, the selection of until it has been aggregated into brilliantly one point, I just I love also scenario deployment that.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
- Although this work has been heard and multiple endings, I is to change larger process leading to it.

The Travis : not just multiple endings, there are differences of various production at pivotal points. Or not optimal specific character, I am feeling. Whether have achieved the quest, such as copper or acted in that during the quest, in the selection of players the game has affect the flow of the story in every scene.

- Will the quest to proceed in the same kind of form?

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Travis : You can receive a direct request, or doing the request of the board, there are a variety of patterns. Since the quest will not disappear in basically time, was designed to be advanced things to be worried about at your own pace. To this work is an open world RPG, because I want to adventure everyone freely vast world to the player, what is that there quest to promote the need to do this quest has been reduced as much as possible.

- The benefits to achieve the quest?

Travis : Basically, you will get the experience and money. It is and specific building, so also are available quests such as move to some area is released, I want you to actively clear If you find the quest in.

- Various information other than Quest in the bulletin board was available.

Travis : The contents of the bulletin board depends on the passage of time. Therefore, unexpected information as you check in frequently might also be entering the hand. Just because they are not in the design, such as no longer receive a quest over time, except for a very few exceptions, there is please do not worry. Story will change, but that varies with time elapsed will continue growing at surprisingly many, Gerald of hair and beard and time. So, are also available, such as barber in the game.

- Although it is Siri became playable reduction in this work, or her story will become how much volume?

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ descendant of Siri catching the blood of the ancient elves. The mystery of the army "Wild Hunt", the ground in with a mighty armed being chased from both the "Nirufugado empire".
Travis : Depending on the player selection and play situation, but I think that it becomes about 5-10 hours. Gerald is looking for a serial, collect a variety of information, you will be to some extent at the time the footprints of Siri is found, can play the know. At that time, actually Siri and I think where it is interesting that enjoy the perspective of know that was going to such action.

- Freely Will can adventure as even know Gerald?

Travis : It can not be unfortunately. Gerald is free to adventure open world, but Siri and has become one straight road game play and say either. Freely, rather than to explore the world as Siri, that she had been this kind of action, we will proceed with answers on specific flow. However, the Gerald elements of combat so as not to be in minor and is changing the Gara~tsu. For example, Gerald is to avoid the attack in the jump, because Siri has a teleport ability, I am feeling to attack while fly around the neighborhood. I think enjoy the battle of action closer than Gerald.

- Will there be such as Siri side quest?

Travis : There is no specific side quests, Siri has been implicated in a variety of quest. One of the major goals of Gerald but it is possible to look for Siri, Gerald to get her information will be performed a variety of quest. And when you achieve the quest, because Siri can obtain information that or not you doing at this time, it can be said that most of the quest in the sense that there has been her influence.

■ good fighting style changes in the equipment of other schools! About mention free actions and abilities

- Where's it is unusual points from previous work in combat action?

Rafale : Big changes are made ​​to the possible strengthening each action, it is that the pattern of action is gradually increasing. In the case of "mark" hits the so-called magic, another mode has been provided, allows different usage when you unlock. For example, in the case of Ard of signs that emits a shock wave in front, is in a different mode will change to 360 degrees in all directions attack.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt" "U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ to emit a flame, to attack the enemy "ignition of mark". Spell generating vortices conical flame front, it is possible to concentrate attack by aggregating the vortex flame at one point as shown in the right of the image and enhance.
- As each action is going to power up.

Rafale : is one of point of not upward compatible. In the case of a sign that I~yaden, install extensively the trap to limit the movement of the enemy in some mode. If you change to another mode, since the effect to be stuck a certain period of time the enemy instead of the range is reduced obtained, it is important to go selectively used depending on the situation.

Miles : the case of the sword, in addition to normal continuous sword, while rotating to attack all directions so that you can use the "rotation sword dance". There are conditions to activate, I want to ask all means mastering so very power is high rely tricks.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
- Please tell me about the school of U~itcha.

Rafale : U~itcha There are various schools to have different ability that each specialty. Hero belongs to the wolf schools, this school has acquired the ability was good at monster extermination is the bounden duty of U~itcha. There is a cat school in one of the other schools, but this was done mainly training specializing in assassination. Same as also exchange information U~itcha is not made, has grown the school individually, there are circumstances that.

- Will there be other schools U~itcha appeared?

Rafale : In the world of the game, U~itcha other than wolf schools is the current situation is that little remains. U~itcha itself but because mutant passing through the human body mutations life is long of, any school for that are also attached to the dangerous occupation of side-by-side with death, and went steadily reduce the number. Although U~itcha of snake schools have been appeared in previous work "2", they did not only in only one of the few survivors.

Miles : In this work, offers a scene to interact with other schools of U~itcha in a slightly different form. For example quest to follow a legend specific U~itcha footprints of cats schools are available. Other available equipment that bonus is set If you clear this quest, also told the background that schools became extinct in its quest. Players explore the past while collecting powerful equipment, you will the way people relate to other schools in this work is that.

- Will there be any school other than cats schools?

Miles : It is characteristic of the Griffin school. This school because it was consumer of mark, bonus to strengthen the power of the mark has been assigned to the equipment. Thus, is one that is a point to be to advance while changing equipment according to the player's style.

Travis : Some abilities can learn is there is a "Griffin schools of technology". This is because the bonus occurs when have the equipment of Griffin schools, will also be important combination of abilities and equipment.

- Valid abilities and equipment is I is not different by player of style.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Rafale : Some tree of skills and abilities, things and mark for close combat, there is alchemy. As you strengthen the skills of close combat, Gerald will be good at attack using the sword of course.

Miles : There is also some kind ability for close combat, and to strengthen the category of "small attack" trained a quick attack, such as mercy of the enemy, and to strengthen the category of "large attack", high power of blow There is a benefit, such as become.

Rafale : I like fighting using the mark, we are playing to strengthen the mark. Alchemy is a difficult in technical, when it comes to make a powerful elixir, so instantaneously can enhance the ability of Gerald, I think that such a play is also fun.

Miles : alchemy because it conceals the amazing potential by use, I want asked to come challenge to people who have confidence in action.

- Universal type to continue to strengthen on average what about?

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Rafale : This is of course Ali. Many of the players I think choosing a universal type. It is universal and sword nor use mark. Since the equipment of wolf school is suitable for balanced, is recommended equipped wolf schools are people who want to that to some extent various.

- It seems trouble to strengthen the character.

Travis : Abilities point is other than level up. For example, point will be granted to examine the "force field" in the field. In addition, because some elements to reset the skills, please enjoy the strengthening without Kigamae much.

- Do Will experience earn by still defeat the monster?

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Rafale : The main means to earn the experience value, will be to continue to clear the quest. Once you have defeated the Zako monster level resulting in up to easy, because the battle in the main quest is not could become unsatisfactory, we are in such form. So, if you and to defeat the monster to try level to Max, might will be no monsters from all over the world (laughs).

- I see (laughs). Or Will there are kind of how much the monster?

Travis : No can grasp and chitin we also the number of monsters to be honest (laughs). For this game there is a race of monsters as a base, the look and status have been different variations available for each race.

In addition, in by Moi boss specific monster with a unique name to the, when I met the other monsters you will be challenge in different challenging combat. I dictionary monster of information that was defeated in the in-game is described, since the monster boss rating are individual items are available, it is happy and you enjoy even monsters of bag ground.

■ Also look out for craft and Japanese localization of items!

- Do you have a new system of attention?

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Miles : It is craft to make the items and equipment. The craftsman that appear in this work have been also set level is different from what you can make. If you want to create a high-performance items you need to ask the senior craftsmen, but they do not meet the usual way even if you are playing. It is necessary to clear a specific quest, please try all means looking for.

- Is that is adjusted with regard alchemy but .......

Miles : For alchemy, once the item that you created has become less material required for the subsequent replenishment. Thus, since has been able to use feel free items such as potions, tactics that were glazed alchemy hurdle is now low. As told earlier, but alchemy is somewhat technical than the sword or mark, it becomes a very powerful attack means if Tsukaikonasere. Since then leverage the element was likely to be perfunctory ever that craft and alchemy, I I want to challenge the player of everyone.

- Speaking of craftsmen, such as town residents and shop clerk, it was felt that a very rich face and equipment variations of the characters.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
Rafale : There are several variations of the face and body in order to design the NPC, we made ​​a combination of it. However, merchant as not the same person, costume tailored to work as anglers was also prepared. Of course the main character has been made ​​with 100% original.

- Is going to be fun to hear the story. Finally, please tell us some resistance of this work, including the Japanese localization.

Rafale : I believe this work is often easy to elements that are acceptable to the Japanese. View of the world is a royal road fantasy that has a sword and magic to the base, where it unfolds is story is descriptive of finding the people who Gerald love. In addition, voice of the Japanese also one of the features. Voice actor industry in other languages ​​zone is believed to sideline, but in Japan it has been recognized as a professional job. Since the dubbing of quality is definitely Japanese version is top, I want there to be expected.

Miles : We development team, including the Japanese users, you have to adjust to the end of the last as get to take in hand to people around the world. Because of course are working around the Japanese localization team the same, I'm glad when you enjoy the adventure with his companions Gerald.

Travis : I gave a localized to English from Polish. With other localization team had been to work together, since the Japanese version feels that have developed over time to detail than the other versions, I believe that it is something that is acceptable to the Japanese users have.

Rafale : This time, there is that it was impressive. When Honma's in localized of work had come to our development site, just up sets as part the game was falling apart until it, it had become to be able to play from the beginning to the end. And completed "U~itcha 3" we rather than that developed, Honma who is a Japanese has been cleared first best in the world. The called to clear the game you are making in Poland in the early Japanese most is, but it is very interesting. By all means, I would like to play in the same way also the Japanese people.

"U~itcha 3 Wild Hunt"
▲ while going back and forth between Japan and Poland, Homma, who worked on localization. "FIRST MAN IN THE WORLD TO FINISH THE WITCHER3 (first man who finished the" U~itcha 3 "in the world)" T-shirt that says, the thing there is only one in the world.
Honma : When localization of this work, recording of the text of the translation and Japanese voice, of course, also led to debug, and spared their time as much as possible, and we have to strive to look through all of the game. This works great, at the same timing as overseas, and we would like to deliver to Japan of everyone in good condition as possible.

no, the original its in japanese. and it´s more easy to translate to english.

el original esta en japones y el traductor funciona mejor para traducirlo al ingles.

aunque podes copiar y pegar esta traducción para pasarlo a español.

Attachments

• iz1DlLQavuuCg.jpg
    iz1DlLQavuuCg.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. sorry if there was a misunderstanding. i did some research and there's a lot of people on the net that wanted to download it. i prefer to wait and not to spoil mi fun.
the only big question that i have is for the predownload date, if you brought the pre edition on gog.

WHY IN EVERY INTERVIEW there is question about if we did not play Witcher 1 and 2 can we understand witcher 3? It makes me nervous!

I approached this curiously because I also felt that the hype is getting overboard, but I ended the read bored and disappointed, with the impression that Adam Carr just wants to play the unfazed role. But he doesn't really give any convincing reasons.

He starts by mentioning TW1's bugs. This is irrelevant. First, this was the company's debut game. Second, this is not TW3. Third, if you want to dig in so far into history, then it applies to the good aspects as well as bad - you mention that the game was buggy, and in the same breath say that "its popularity warranted a full overhaul...". Doesn't it stand to reason that CDPR, the company who has overhauled the game, remembers the bugs? Furthermore, TW3 was delayed twice, and according to previews it is hardly riddled with bugs. Do some research if you want to drive a point home, especially when the point is so nonsensical.

Then he mentions TW1's combat. Again, irrelevant to the hype around TW3. Later in the article Adam Carr himself writes that the combat has been completely changed in the second game, so why should the third suffer from it? Mentioning this serves no purpose other than fattening up the article. And the combat hasn't been the selling point anyway.

Then he writes:
the world was rather restricted and it didn’t control particularly well, and it was you standard run of the mill plot and fantasy tropes mixed together with some M rated grit to make it edgy.
I am not sure what he means by 'restricted' here. As in, where you can physically go? If that is the case, then:
1) Not every game is meant to be open-world, and not every game needs to be judged by that standard.
2) TW3 is open-world, and a big one at that. Again, do some research. I mean, this thing is like the basic of the basic, no? They've been waving that flag since the beginning of the game's advertisement.

Controls - again, irrelevant to TW3.

Standard run of the mill-- etc. I can argue against this, but I don't think it matters. This is mostly subjective preference. I don't see how this is the case.

Onward to TW2.

What is surprising however is how little really changed in the sequel.
You have to be really high to say something like.

Yes the game looks prettier, yes they changed the combat and made everything look fresh, but the exact same flaws that plagued the original continue here. The combat is easy at best, and mind numbing at worst, the plot was as cut and dry as you could get, the world was still restrictive and generic, and the game still felt awfully clunky.
Make up your mind. You say earlier that the combat was "terrible", and now you say that they changed it (completely, I should add). So for starters, we already aren't facing the exact same flaws. Furthermore, I'd say combat is a pretty big aspect of a game, so if that is improved it's a major thumbs up for the game. It being easy is debatable - by many accounts throughout the web, it can be challenging in the hardest difficulty. Not sure what "mind numbing" means here.

Plot (or does he mean story? I'm not sure) - again, a point that you can argue. Thing is, as the person who's trying to get a point across to readers, you have the burden of proof (or, well, persuasion and explanation). What is cut and dry about it? What does it mean? I personally find it a very interesting story. The protagonist is a tool in the hands of bigger characters, which is rare for games (and outside games), you find out surprising things about the antagonist (who isn't just a lord of evil or a one-dimensional bandit), his unexpected relationship with the protagonist, the story reacts to your decisions like no other game, and more.

"World was still restrictive and generic"
1) Again, not every game is meant to be, er, unrestrictive (if this refers to world size and navigation, as I understand).
2) TW2 had quite generous hub areas. I'm not sure what restrictive means here.
3) Aaand not sure what generic means here, either.

Clunky,
How? I didn't feel it.

Now we have The Witcher 3, and lets be honest here guys, I am not expecting much in terms of a change. But why should I?
Because you can read articles, read previews and watch gameplay footage that shows you how this game is different from those other two?

Despite everything I have said, I absolutely love The Witcher, but I feel people are forgetting what makes The Witcher actually good,
I feel you are in no position to tell others what they find good about their games. Also, I believe many players of TW3 will be newcomers to the series. Their hype is based on TW3 alone. You're trying to diffuse their excitement without saying one single thing about TW3 itself.

... they are focusing too much on the graphics, the combat etc.
Who are these people who are focusing too much on graphics and combat? In all the previews I read, these aspects have been given attention - just like any other aspect of a game.

What makes The Witcher good, is its characters and its lore.
Agreed. Not exclusively, but agreed.

Yes the plot is meh, but the STUFF behind it all is great.
Again, plot or story? TW3's plot is simple - go find a girl who is hunted. How the story will develop is yet to be seen. And you haven't explained how the developments of the story in TW1 and TW2 are bland.

Yes the world is generic,
How? Why? I do not know many fantasy settings that have Eastern European folkore, humor, irony, racism, brutal wars and complicated politics all in one. That's just off the top of my head. Hell, just the fact that it's Eastern European folklore in flavor makes it the opposite of generic, as there aren't many games of the sort. I can't think of one honestly.

but the characters are all fantastic, gritty and real.
Yep.

You feel connected with the world because you have a connection with the people in said world. Geralt of Rivia might be one of the dullest concepts for a character of all time,
Will you bother explaining even one of your points?

And again I feel the terms are being confused here. Are we talking about the concept, or the personality, motivation and history of the character? It doesn't really matter, because both cases aren't explained. But if we just stick to the concept - we're talking about a person whose profession is monster killing, but it's not a glorious and romantic career as most fantasy settings would have you believe. There is no glamour in his life. He's met with suspicion by the very people he's supposed to help, torn about his racial identity and constantly used, or tried to be used, by bigger players in the world. And then there's the dilemmas about what is actually a monster. I am not sure what is dull about this, and what, in contrast, is a not-dull character concept.

but his life, and the people he encounters make him, and his games, worth experiencing.
Aye.

Wild Hunt hits store shelves mid May, and I am certainly excited for it, but the level of hype it is generating is not healthy for anyone, especially the game itself. Do yourself a favor, take a step back, and remember why these games are good.
I might have. If you would have been kind enough to explain anything, instead of just writing down headlines to be controversial.

Funny thing is I also feel that the hype might be a bit too much. Just not for any of these reasons.

Last edited:
I do agree that it's getting a lot more hyped than it should. I'm almost certain it's gonna live up to it for the most part but hype is never good for anything.

It's impossible to live up to every gamers expectations so it will get a lot more whining the more hyped it gets.

As to the "article", that's a load of hogwash. It's just clickbait, the typical "go against the flow" to get people to read it and rage. The witcher didn't have the best combat system but a "standard run of the mill" story? I thought it was great, pretty mature and dark and better than most games i have played. Then it says how little changed for the witcher 2....i stopped reading there.

The game definitely has been hyped up a bit too much for its own good, though, I can agree with that.

It's not CDPR's fault though.

Firstly, the money for marketing came from the publishers, who most likely insisted on advertising the game because that's profitable to them ("We are selling your game, we so we will market it our way" - or something to that effect). And the marketing budget being high is something that both parties would have wanted. But CDPR less so, because that's technically money they loaned and will have to give back to the publisher, in one form or another.

Secondly, they have a good track record as a developer, which means people hold them to a higher standard and what's even worse they feel betrayed when that (arbitrary) standard isn't being met.

But the biggest problem is journalist's:

"Better than Skyrim", "A fantasy Grand Theft Auto" and recently "like Red Dead Redemption" get thrown around like it's nothing. Some claim the graphics are unmatched for an open world game (and that's on console) when we have enough footage to conclude that this is hyperbole. It looks beautiful sure, but it's not unmatched.

On the topic of this article specifically: I think you could sum it up to "the world is generic and compelling because the characters are generic and compelling and the story is cliché and uninteresting but totally awesome and engrossing" or, even shorter "I have no idea why I like this game but it's AWESOME!".

It's not CDPR's fault though.

Firstly, the money for marketing came from the publishers, who most likely insisted on advertising the game because that's profitable to them ("We are selling your game, we so we will market it our way" - or something to that effect). And the marketing budget being high is something that both parties would have wanted. But CDPR less so, because that's technically money they loaned and will have to give back to the publisher, in one form or another.

CDPR is the publisher. I think you're getting this mixed up with the fact that the distributors contribute marketing budget. There's no reason for CDPR to be unhappy that it's being spent, as it should increase sales which benefits both CDPR and their distributors.

---------- Updated at 11:30 PM ----------

WHY IN EVERY INTERVIEW there is question about if we did not play Witcher 1 and 2 can we understand witcher 3? It makes me nervous!

Because the audience they're addressing isn't people who played the first two games and have already decided to play the third, it's people who DIDN'T play the first two. If CDPR want to make money from this, and continue to make good games, they need to sell more copies of TW3 than TW2. Which means a significant number of people who didn't play the first two, and may not want to. So yes, they needed to make sure it's possible to jump right in, and they need to keep emphasising the fact.

CDPR is the publisher. I think you're getting this mixed up with the fact that the distributors contribute marketing budget. There's no reason for CDPR to be unhappy that it's being spent, as it should increase sales which benefits both CDPR and their distributors.

---------- Updated at 11:30 PM ----------

Because the audience they're addressing isn't people who played the first two games and have already decided to play the third, it's people who DIDN'T play the first two. If CDPR want to make money from this, and continue to make good games, they need to sell more copies of TW3 than TW2. Which means a significant number of people who didn't play the first two, and may not want to. So yes, they needed to make sure it's possible to jump right in, and they need to keep emphasising the fact.

It's mind-blowing that some people didn't play the first 2 and just want to jump straight into the third installment. I will never understand that attitude.
I hear about a really interesting game that is coming up, I find out it has prequels that got quite great reviews = Making sure I check that beforehand since it's interesting for many reasons like getting to know what's the world is about, the lore, setup + contain the hype about the new game by playing the older ones that I haven't played before yet.

And lack of time isn't a valid reason in my opinion, how will they be able to play Witcher 3 then? Probably they can play the first two in the same manner, find 1-2 hours of spare time every day or two or however people's schedule works and just play casually.
Witcher 3 was announced ages ago and got people's attention very fast + was delayed twice and that gives people tons of time to complete the first two by then.
+ you hear about saves that carry over to the next games, why wouldn't you want to explore that thus having even a better experience with the Witcher 3?

I think the hype is great and CDPR deserves to be one of those developers that sells 10s of millions of copies of their game.

Yeah there are some people who are going to be disappointed and the game wont live up to the vision they have in their head but... So what? If you are expecting the best game ever then its your own fault so setting such high expectations. On a macro level, all the hype and excitement is developing an audience and convincing a ton of people to even give the game a shot. Thats why that "Do you have to play previous games" question comes up in every q and a.. Theres a ton of people who are coming to the series for the first time. Ive seen people on other forums who were bit so hard by the hype that they ran out and got the previous games, some have even started reading the books... That type of thing is a wonderful consequence of the hype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom