Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Geralt did crazy movement when want to talk with Vesemir. And another thing. I noticed Geralt doesnt look creatures when they flies. It was same in last 7 min demo too. Geralt looked big red bird when it landed to ground. Hope RED will fix this, because in e3 xbox one gameplay it was ok. Geralt looked Griffin when it flies.

The "crazy movement" is the guy skipping through the dialogue.

Griffon animations also look very well done, however the whole fight is rather dull. It seems to have only 3 attack patterns and the AI doesn't leave a good first impression. But maybe it's being played on easy or something. Good to see Vesemir in action though!
I read in one of the hands-on that the griffon fight has different phases. For example Gamestar mentioned that the griffon flies away to the mill we can see in the video when it looses enough health. The health bar of it is also divided into four segments, which could be a indication for this. I expect a different behaviour and different attacks depending on the health/phase the griffon is in.
Though it was hard to watch the video, The guy didn't use his sword a single time and I don't like that Geralt seems to have infinite bolts.
I will never understand why CD Project Red is trying to make a realistic and believable world and completely abandons that premise when it comes to gameplay.
Infinte bolts. Autorefill of potions and bombs . No consumption of oil. No drinking/eating and oil animation. Soo much simplification. It's sad :(

Last edited:
The water looks much better now damn, even has neat reflections

Pretty sure that's still the January build, it's just a different location to the Skellige scenes with the sirens. Water looks the same way it did in the riding scene with Vesemir.

On the note of this being footage from the January build, I'm not gonna judge the silly AI too harshly, because there were mentions of that being improved in the gamestar article. Also, who the hell skips through dialogue in TW?

Water looks the same way it did in the riding scene with Vesemir.
I mean compared to VGX/E3/[Cliffside with reddish siren-like creatures] etc, in the January one we only got a glimpse of the water while riding, didn't get to see it up close.

I mean compared to VGX/E3/[Cliffside with reddish siren-like creatures] etc, in the January one we only got a glimpse of the water while riding, didn't get to see it up close.

Oh yeah, definitely (apart from the cliffside comment - that's some of the best cold sea water I've seen in an RPG). I just thought you were comparing it to the January footage beause you mentioned that it now has neat reflections as if it was new, when they were already there in the scene where you enter White Orchard with Vesemir.

They just couldnt put simple subtitles in the video could they? No, they just had to put it in a gigantic annoying speech bubble that thanks to the shaky camera more often than not takes up half of the screen.
Wonderful.

I will never understand why CD Project Red is trying to make a realistic and believable world and completely abandons that premise when it comes to gameplay.
Infinte bolts. Autorefill of potions and bombs . No consumption of oil. No drinking/eating and oil animation. Soo much simplification. It's sad :(

Infinite bolts that deal almost no damage, until you will use the special ones that are limited. Lack of consumption of oil is not a simplification, just a common sense. Autorefill of bombs I wouldn't call a simplification, as you can carry just one bomb per slot, which makes spamming with them, like in The Witcher 2, just impossible. I agree that they could add drinking/eating animations in the middle of the fight (though I would prefer that they entirely removed drinking/eating in the middle of a fight).

infinite bolts is one thing. what bothers me more is being able to shoot multiple times without reloading. that's not how a crossbow works.

Everyone should definitely go throw @Agent Bleu a REDpoint in the LINKS thread, some completely new footage in that video.
To make the discussion easier here I'll re-post with time-stamps for the footage.

Underwater + Vesemir cutscene (Although the guy skips through most of it)

Griffin Battle

The Griffin's movements/animations looks really smooth, and once again the lighting just looks fucking gorgeous. Underwater also looks pretty neat.

Also: No Regenerating HP in the battle if you don't use potions/consumables, as it should be!!

Why is it that the Game is in the Hands of a Person who doesn't know how to play
and
The collectors statue is in the Hands of a person who calls the Gryffin a Dragon -_-

Is there any spoiler in those videos ? I finding the strengh of not watchong them but if it is spoiler free...

Actually, I thought I saw it flying around the trees and even in between them - maybe there was some clipping, but I really like how it swoops around, a little video gamey, but awesome.

Also - How not to kill a griffon.

Thanks. Someone alreay posted the real Yen and Vesemir's model. But it doesn't avoid that he reminds me a lot to Anthony Hopkins.

So... You haven't seen Breaking Bad, huh?
It's not a real Vesemir model, it's an actor playing a badass character in the mentioned series.

But the fact you thought this says a lot :D

Top Bottom