Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
He was talking about background footage from old videos playing during the show he hosts at Gamespot called The Lobby. His comment wasn't about IGN's video.

This was actually my embarrasing mistake. I watched gamespot's talk about the game few days ago and knew they were going to have a lot of new material, so when this IGN's video came out I mistakenly thought it was gamespot's and asked Danny from gamespot about releasing uncompressed footage. But of course he works for completely different site than the one that released it :D

Oh well. Shame that IGN uploaded this in such low bitrate, the video quality is terrible even in 1080p.

Yep. I'll be playing it on PS4 over PC because I prefer to game in my recliner in front of my big screen TV rather than my desk/office chair/PC set up. Everyone has their personal preference for their own reasons.

The headline naturally being "CDPR Dev confirms PS4s more relaxing than PC gaming" or some such twaddle. :)

Personal preference, some people value resolution more than eye candy.

hehehhehe .... well right time to remember you... making fun of me still using a 5:4 Monitor XD
Which supports "only" 1280x1024 resolution eh? *smirk* :p

Ahhh ... tooooo bad it ll end this week when my new monitor and the gpu arrive :D

But yes... if numbers only 1080p is obviously better than 900p ... but i doubt XB1 players will miss any
candy PS4 players will have. I personally also assume ... on a distance of 3 - 4 m to the screen
it will not matter that much if you have 900 or 1080 vertical lines ;)

yea well his answer was to that question ._. ! 1080p minimum better "to him" than 900p xbox

He didn't say 1080p minimum is better than Xbox. He clearly said Xbox > PC minimum, which means that Xbox is better than PC on minimum. Just making that more clear.

His personal preference is PC cause you can play at 1080p.

Last edited:
I've a PC with a 900(ish) screen. Don't care. I'm happy with anything 640x480 and up... draw the line at 320x200, that does look ropey, though I remember when this resolution in "full colour" textured display was considered bleeding edge.

I have had a 1900x1440 monitor in the past, and I do miss the ability to work comfortably on multiple documents simultaneously, but gaming, seems fairly similar, not a huge requirement for high resolutions for me, and I'd trade much of it for a 'useful' refresh rate, again a bit slower than most claim to be unable to live without - 30 ish is ample.

Yep. I'll be playing it on PS4 over PC because I prefer to game in my recliner in front of my big screen TV rather than my desk/office chair/PC set up. Everyone has their personal preference for their own reasons.

The headline naturally being "CDPR Dev confirms PS4s more relaxing than PC gaming" or some such twaddle. :)

Not the first dev to casually discuss how they'll be playing W3. This is probably the most reassuring news of all; that even after months/years actively working on this game, they're not just 'not sick of it', but actively planning to sit down and carry on playing on release. Madness.

The best setup: PC -> HDMI cable -> 42'' TV + sofa

-> girlfriend can't work on PC -> gets angry -> huge fight -> me sleeping on uncomfortable couch -> lack of sleep - > too fatigued to play let alone enjoy The Witcher 3

The PS4 version it is. ;)

Luckily my PC is connected to my glorious big screen TV so the best of two worlds. :D

Expansion Pass: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine

The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

Hearts of Stone will premiere in October, while Blood and Wine is slated for release in the first quarter of 2016.

What the ...

Edit: so we will have to pay if we want to see Fringilla again, don't use my feelings against my wallet.

Edit2: Sorry kinley, hadn't seen it

Last edited:
-> girlfriend can't work on PC -> gets angry -> huge fight -> me sleeping on uncomfortable couch -> lack of sleep - > too fatigued to play let alone enjoy The Witcher 3

The PS4 version it is. ;)

Don't have girlfriend -> spend all the time you want on TW3. Also, why would you let your girlfriend work on your gaming PC?? :huh:

[h=2]The Witcher 3 producer says he’d rather play it on a PC at minimum settings than on Xbox One[/h]
Thank you, now I do not need to spend my money buying this garbage. I'll wait Elder Scroll.

Don't have girlfriend -> spend all the time you want on TW3. Also, why would you let your girlfriend work on your gaming PC??

... because he values his girlfriend more than a (n admittedly awesome looking) video game. Just a guess.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm super hyped for the game and can't wait to play and will be dumping most of my free time into it in May/June. However, real life still has to take priority. When the wife is home, the game turns off. When she goes to sleep, it comes back on.

[h=2]The Witcher 3 producer says he’d rather play it on a PC at minimum settings than on Xbox One[/h]
Thank you, now I do not need to spend my money buying this garbage. I'll wait Elder Scroll.

He just say it , for the resolution not for the grafics. Pc 1080 and Xbox one 900 .

Top Bottom