Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
So I was brave enough to stomach that IGN video. One interesting detail is that "Geralt's medallion makes the controller vibrate". That is a nice touch, he didnt mention anything about a visual indicator though, which KB/M users would need.

Yeah... we have "shaking" controllers but we don t get a full working 3D Medallion like in TW1 BOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO

:p :p :p
PS: well XD at last we didn t heard anything about this heheheheh
jk CDPR just gimme that fucking game... or a time machine that i can jump to 19. 05. !!!

In-depth analysis of the latest trailer by Gamestar (German)

Anyone of our German speaking friends in here that can make a summary of this? I am really curious to what they are saying as they were the ones that were allowed to play the game for two whole days. Could be interesting to know if they think this is high/ultra if they even talk about it?

As far as I remember they don't say anything about the graphic settings. In general, they affirm the positive impressions they got from the hands-on event. However, two things are criticized:
1. They are worried that Witcher sense will become stale/uninteresting after a couple of quests. In the quests they've played Witcher sense worked basically each time the same way. They hope that CDPR have incorporated more different and various uses to them in the later course of the game.
2. They are still on the fence, whether it is a good or bad thing that you don't know what Geralt will exactly say after picking a dialogue option (but that was simila in TW2 IIRC)

1. They are worried that Witcher sense will become stale/uninteresting after a couple of quests. In the quests they've played Witcher sense worked basically each time the same way. They hope that CDPR have incorporated more different and various uses to them in the later course of the game.
Still my biggest worry. I hope Damien answered the question related to that in the Dev Spotlight - although I don't see him say: "yeah, it will be the same throughout the game, accept it" - so it's probably gonna be a dodgy answer (if any at all).

2. They are still on the fence, whether it is a good or bad thing that you don't know what Geralt will exactly say after picking a dialogue option (but that was simila in TW2 IIRC)
I know many are bothered by this, but I couldn't care less as long as the meaning remains pretty much the same.

Last edited:
About Oxenfurts size from gamestar analysis: it takes about 2 to 3 mins to walk through the city

That is a reasonable size for the core of a mediaeval city. Bath is comparable between Northgate and Southgate or between the guildhall and Westgate.

As far as I remember they don't say anything about the graphic settings. In general, they affirm the positive impressions they got from the hands-on event. However, two things are criticized:

Didn't they say you were not forced to use it? That visual and sound hints could replace it? So who cares?^^

Didn't they say you were not forced to use it? That visual and sound hints could replace it? So who cares?^^
I think it is still unclear whether you will be able to actually discover certain trails and hints without the Witcher senses, and if the quest can be completed without said hints.
For instance in the gameplay trailer at 1:50, I'm not so sure if these trails can be seen without witcher sense.

I think it is still unclear whether you will be able to actually discover certain trails and hints without the Witcher senses, and if the quest can be completed without said hints.
For instance in the gameplay trailer at 1:50, I'm not so sure if these trails can be seen without witcher sense.

You can see the tracks on the green part of the side-road:

Pretty sure those are there regardless of Witcher Senses or no.

Ah okay, should have looked at the uncompressed footage ;)
Anyways, has there been a statement by CDPR regarding the necessity of witcher sense for completing quests?

Ah okay, should have looked at the uncompressed footage ;)
Anyways, has there been a statement by CDPR regarding the necessity of witcher sense for completing quests?

No, despite many queries. My own feeling is that they'll be essential in some quests as they'll offer visual depictions of stuff like far off sounds or smell.

Top Bottom