Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
I really don't like some people sometimes :)

Feels great to have some haters

We could go so much into this but it would all be off topic. @wavebend maybe you want to start another thread for this a.l.a. the downgrade thread?

Nah. I think I'm done here

---------- Updated at 11:26 PM ----------

If you really want my perspective, here's what I would've done instead:

1. Reveal the plans for the upcoming expansions pre-release. Don't bundle them with the main game.
2. Release the main game without the expansions on May 19th. Show your customers that you're still polishing the game, and not already working on expansions.
3. 1 week later, make the expansions available for pre-ordering on the store without bundling.

Awesome interview, awesome guy too!

It seems like they have the technology to make graphics that we will see in only 5-10 years but hardware can't handle it yet... What a shame :p
Yes, ray tracing rendering is known for years however rendering 1 frame takes 24 h on average PC ;D

And, after all, there are those who requires CDPR answer questions in the forum about the game... Luckily we know how gaming journalism works

The narration is just fine imho. CDPR might have taken the idea of a "news anchor woman voice" from GTA5 gameplay trailer. Although it works better in the GTA5 trailer. But enough of that. This trailer rocks.

An interview with Jose Teixeira. There are some interesting facts about clouds, shadows and effects. Clouds make shadows but it's a trick. It's not real shadows. There is no volumetric fog etc. currently but they are working very hard to get this into the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qYVe47uXcwA

Not sure which version they are talking about (consoles, pc or both). Hmmm.. does PC Ultra have volumetric.. well everything?? Guess there's a reason why they aren't showing Ultra settings yet. Of course that's just me speculating.

Hmmm.. does PC Ultra have volumetric.. well everything??
Yes, the patch for Volumetric Everything will release on the same day as Nvidia GTX 956000 and AMD R999 890X come out and pigs fly :p

Volumetric effects are expensive, even when games only use 2 or 3 major ones and that itself becomes quite taxing. For example Sunshafts/Lightshafts or "Godrays" as they call then these days are Volumetric and use Tessellation, that alone can cause 10-20% performance drop, which is like ~10-12fps slashed off all by itself. GPU specific of course, but you get the idea, it's expensive.

I

Anyways, there are so many red flags in my book with how CDPR has been handling this Ultra/downgrade mess, how they broke their own laws with the release of a paid DLC bundle on steam. Definitely won't buy the game until they clear up those issues. There's a limit of how much BS a customer can handle, and when all I hear are PR statements, "we won't show ultra settings until release because we want to surprise the player", then about the downgrade: "some areas will look better, some will look worse", just pure PR BS

Do you want an extra region or not? It has nothing to do with the main game. They are literally making it to give people an extra area.
The core game has been content complete since last year.

The statement on DLC and expansion . Click to enlarge and read the bottom section.
View attachment 12447

Newer build (might not be final and is not ULTRA) vs pax January build.

Attachments

• witcher 3 DLC and expansion statement.jpg
    witcher 3 DLC and expansion statement.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Yes, the patch for Volumetric Everything will release on the same day as Nvidia GTX 956000 and AMD R999 890X come out and pigs fly :p

Volumetric effects are expensive, even when games only use 2 or 3 major ones and that itself becomes quite taxing. For example Sunshafts/Lightshafts or "Godrays" as they call then these days are Volumetric and use Tessellation, that alone can cause 10-20% performance drop, which is like ~10-12fps slashed off all by itself. GPU specific of course, but you get the idea, it's expensive.

Yes I get it. I should have written volumetric something on the the ultra setting. bah.. don't even care anymore about the whole volumetric effects. Just bored even myself out.

I don't believe full volumetric effects were ever brought up before right?
As far as I know they've always said they're implementing a semi-volumetric system rather than a full one. Which is what we've seen from the SoD and latest trailer with the clouds on the mountain peaks.
Or were those also removed in the main open world, except for in Kaer Morhen (since it's a smaller instanced map)?

Would explain why we haven't seen a single mountain have clouds around it like that since the SoD trailer in any new screenshots or trailers, but every piece of new material of Kaer Morhen we've seen has had those semi-volumetric clouds.

Last edited:
I don't believe full volumetric effects were ever brought up before right?
You mean the clouds? Yeah it was always semi-volumetric.
My earlier post was just referring to the idea of having 'everything volumetric' which would be impossible but liuhu77 didn't actually mean it that way.

Do you want an extra region or not? It has nothing to do with the main game. They are literally making it to give people an extra area.
The core game has been content complete since last year.

The statement on DLC and expansion . Click to enlarge and read the bottom section.
View attachment 12447

Newer build (might not be final and is not ULTRA) vs pax January build.

Wow the diferents between new build and old build is huge.

It could be that the game will have upgrade the final version??? Anyone knows the game level on grafics at present , I mean , current build.

Thank you

Sounds like signs will be a viable build this time around, THAT'S VERY GOOD. Didn't think too much of them in TW2. Swordsmanship was...well default and great at what it does. Alchemy gives it a great twist, my favourite, but in all the times I've only ever played as a Sign master once, didn't enjoy it too much.

Now I know that I can enjoy 3 different playthroughs with not just story/quest variation but also gameplay/combat.

Emmmmm... Sorry but am i only who didn't like explosion effect???? It looks strange. I mean there was light from igni sign, but when explosion happened there was not any light from fire. Just texture. I hope they will fix this. We already saw the light from explosion in January footage and in last trailer on the mountain scene.

Top Bottom