Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
horse combat looks OP as hell.
Agreed. I'm not sure how the horse fear level works, but if you get out of range it seems to go down pretty quickly (just my observation from watching first 15 minutes of witcher 3 by IGN), and I think you could just ride past every monster and hit one each time. Time consuming strategy but still pretty imbalanced, even against higher level monsters as you do so much damage with every hit on horseback (again just my observation, but 1 hit while riding a horse is maybe 2-3 times more dmg than on normal attacks while standing). And didn't see any opponents being able to hit you while you were on horseback, so you seem to be pretty invincible while doing so.

@maeeeexx, @Scryar : I'm not entirely convinced it's a SINGLE PLAYER game's, not competitive in any way, responsibility to deliver a perfectly UNEXPLOITABLE experience...It's your experience you're ruining, after all, so by all means...

Still, I think we'll just have to see the bigger picture, as EvilChris pointed out in the other thread...

@caspartine True, single player games don't need to be balanced nearly as well as competitive games. But still, if there exists very cheap cheese-strategy (as in very easy to execute without any drawbacks) to win most of the fights in the game, it can make the experience a lot worse. But we don't know how they balanced it, that's just observation from VERY limited video footage of the game.

Last edited:
Since we have to wait till 27th for new videos, maybe CDPR will ease our pain by releasing some new juicy screenshots? :animier::animier::animier:

These Red Dead Redemption comparisons keep exciting me more and more.

Yup. Some folks probably took offense at the statement* that "Witcher 3 doesn't feel like a Witcher game but more like Red Dead Redemption in a fantasy setting" but to me that's one of the best compliments I can think of for a narrative-driven open-world game. In my humble opinion, RDR still is the unrivaled king in this particular genre, featuring an immersive, incredibly atmospheric world full with meaningful side missions that accomplished to be both thematically thought-provoking and unique in design, an intelligent, emotional resonant story that didn't shy away from complex issues and that concluded in one of gaming's best endings, and - for its time - robust gameplay mechanics that were able to transcend the established GTA formula. If CDPR is able to combine those aspects in a similar compelling fashion with the more RPG-oriented elements of their previous two installments, we're in for a real treat.

*also, I wouldn't read too much into the first part of the statement since the gamespot guy mentioned that he neither is familiar with the novels, nor got too much into the prior games. He obviously only has perfunctory knowledge of the Witcher universe.

Last edited:
I loved the "Precious Cargo" gameplay but I kind of wished that while meditating you got to see the flow of time in real time. But instead we just get the clock interface :'(

I said something regarding this in the other thread. I think - and dearly hope - it is possible that the "flow-of-time" effect is exclusive to the PC version due to technical reason, as it was in The Witcher 2.

BTW is the diary written by Dandelion again?
It seemed like it could be, although it was a bit drier than I would expect. Any confirmation on this?

(I loved journal in TW2 ,read every single entry. I hoped that style would remain)

I said something regarding this in the other thread. I think - and dearly hope - it is possible that the "flow-of-time" effect is exclusive to the PC version due to technical reason, as it was in The Witcher 2.

I hope that, this will be not true. I want see this effect , I would love see it while I am playing. Its confirmed ???

I just watched this last few gameplay videos, and they are just amazing! Great work CD PR!
Btw, is it me, or is just too windy in the Witcher world? :)

As a matter of fact, new videos will be published soon by Gamespot. To be precise, tommorow and the day after.
So tomorrow and the day after will be new videos if i understand you correctly? Because i was very surprised to not see a tavern brawl fight, sword fight in the camp and swamps ,and Red Barons quest, that glimpse of gameplay was sown in previous videos.

So tomorrow and the day after will be new videos if i understand you correctly? Because i was very surprised to not see a tavern brawl fight, sword fight in the camp and swamps ,and Red Barons quest, that glimpse of gameplay was sown in previous videos.

So tomorrow we will have new videos from gamespot, really??? I think too, the gamespot videos had been....... incompletes

Top Bottom