Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Oh. ffs.

Don't make up your mind before you haven't read it yourself. It's much "better" and quite fitting in the respective narrative context than it initially sounds...

Yeah, but you have to admit that the magic section is much "longer" than the other two options (although the whole spot is pretty short). I mean it perfectly fits in the picture if you already know about Geralt and the game.

But I speak from the perspective of a complete newcomer who hasn't heard about the game ever before.

Anyway, no big issue. ;)

It's...quite difficult explain Geralt in 30 seconds.

Nah its good lol

part of the witcher has always been comedy and a bit of playful ridiculous things going on, however, that was mainly for the reader, and consciously, I dont think the games will go into anything like that.

but going to other dimensions is just part of the lore, cant get rid of it, we're just not going to suddenly appear in game of thrones land or fight with voldemort or whatever.

@Scholdarr.452 as a newcomer the first thing I'd think is:

if thats a goddamn griffin, that doesnt have any kind of long range attack and even flies, why wouldnt this sorcerer with also a crossbow stay far away and kill it safely? he must be a swordsman.

also the spell doesnt even hurt it, it just bothers it.

Last edited:
Can someone explain Ciris abylitys to travel trough the dimensions a little bit more detailled? I want to read the books (im on last Wish on the moment) but i dont mind spoilers very much.

she jumps on a pink dragon that she calls by singing the song of the sirens, after which the dragon takes her to a space station orbiting earth that has a time traveling machine (the one wild hunt wants), and but ciri is the only one that can use it to also travel to other dimensions. She gets into the machine and using the special activation key (the boots with high heels), she can go wherever she wants to, but only is able to stay there as long as the Sacred Unicorn is sleeping, if it awakes.... will see it in TW3.

Can someone explain Ciris abylitys to travel trough the dimensions a little bit more detailled? I want to read the books (im on last Wish on the moment) but i dont mind spoilers very much.

Elder blood gene has special... skills. It's the blood of Lara Dorren, a dead Aen Elle she-elf.
*Some complicated relationship between elf and humans*
*Some very complicated discussion about genetic lines and over and over...*
Ciri has this gene, having the Elder Blood in her veins. So later in the books these skills start to come out. Et voilà.

Aen Elle had the abilities of traveling through time and space but they lost it (I think since Conjuction of the Spheres if I am not wrong), and they can travel only in a ghostly form, except for some places in the Spiral, where they can travel in flesh and blood. They want to regain this ability, taking back what was theirs, meaning the Elder Blood.

---------- Updated at 07:05 PM ----------

Don't make up your mind before you haven't read it yourself. It's much "better" and quite fitting in the respective narrative context than it initially sounds...
This.

Last edited:

Well, I won't be reading on as the first book didn't grab me. Aside from some witty dialogue and Geralt's general awesomeness, I found the writing to be rather mediocre (at least that's the case in English).

I have no problems with a time traveling mechanic within a fantasy setting, it can be interesting and fitting. I have no problems with a higher dimension (which mere mortals cannot perceive with their senses) playing a part in the story. I can even let the unicorn crap slide. But hopping through alternate realities, with clear references to our own reality is certainly not my cup of tea. That's where I cannot suspend my disbelief any further. :facepalm:

Well... Now I can only hope for CDPR to make sense out of this --as in not including our reality, or some bullshit cyberpunk future setting in there, or fighting alien bugs on Mars. Fuck.

she jumps on a pink dragon that she calls by singing the song of the sirens, after which the dragon takes her to a space station orbiting earth that has a time traveling machine (the one wild hunt wants), and but ciri is the only one that can use it to also travel to other dimensions. She gets into the machine and using the special activation key (the boots with high heels), she can go wherever she wants to, but only is able to stay there as long as the Sacred Unicorn is sleeping, if it awakes.... will see it in TW3.

and once upon a time She is caught by gigantic black hole's gravity field, got pulled into center of it, and when everybody thinks she is done, boom... guess what? It isn't so bad, she find out that black holes aren't so terrible, in fact, it's a big f^cking CUBE which let her travel through time and space...

Last edited:
Yeah, but you have to admit that the magic section is much "longer" than the other two options (although the whole spot is pretty short). I mean it perfectly fits in the picture if you already know about Geralt and the game.

But I speak from the perspective of a complete newcomer who hasn't heard about the game ever before.

Anyway, no big issue. ;)

His magic wasnt really powerful though. It looked more annoying than harmful to the Griffin.

Well, I won't be reading on as the first book didn't grab me. Aside from some witty dialogue and Geralt's general awesomeness, I found the writing to be rather mediocre (at least that's the case in English).]
Dude, the part in the brackets saved you...

Without that I wouldn't even talk to you anymore... :p

And the Artus saga is fiction. That's NOT our world. King Arthur and his noble knights never existed. I don't understand why this is a big deal while the whole Witcher series is deeply based in various European fairy tales and sages (mostly from Slavian myths but also more western stuff, like the Artus saga)...that's indeed another "fictional meta level" but hardly our own world.

Last edited:
Elder blood gene has special... skills. It's the blood of Lara Dorren, a dead Aen Elle she-elf.
*Some complicated relationship between elf and humans*
*Some very complicated discussion about genetic lines and over and over...*
Ciri has this gene, having the Elder Blood in her veins. So later in the books these skills start to come out. Et voilà.

Aen Elle had the abilities of traveling through time and space but they lost it (I think since Conjuction of the Spheres if I am not wrong), and they can travel only in a ghostly form, except for some places in the Spiral, where they can travel in flesh and blood. They want to regain this ability, taking back what was theirs, meaning the Elder Blood.

---------- Updated at 07:05 PM ----------

This.

And
the magic of "My little unicorn: time travel is lakes"

Why you should if you don't mind spoilers? I mean, not caring about spoilers for me is like not caring about the story at all. :p
Maybe for you but not for me. Also I sayd i dont mind very much! If you would tell me the end of the witcher saga i would be upset...but i think thats the a thing everyone should decise for him/her self.

Top Bottom