Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Edit: "Yyrden: Geralt casts this trap sign onto the ground. Any enemy that steps over the sign will be temporarily incapacitated."
Did he even play the game? Isn't Yrden slowing enemies now?

The slowing field is the secondary version of the sign, as far as I know. You can see the incapacitating one in the latest Gameplay Trailer, and the Gamespot's combat videos.

But damn, why didn't they play with KB&M... -__- I mean, the internet is flooding with the comments about the XBox One controller performance of the game. Why not provide additional useful information as a journalist?..

Last edited:
The slowing field is the secondary version of the spell, as far as I know. You can see the incapacitating one in the latest Gameplay Trailer, and the Gamespot's combat videos.
Hm, I thought the incapacitating function is gone, thanks for clarifying.

The slowing field is the secondary version of the sign, as far as I know. You can see the incapacitating one in the latest Gameplay Trailer, and the Gamespot's combat videos.

But damn, why didn't they play with KB&M... -__- I mean, the internet is flooding with the comments about the XBox One controller performance of the game. Why not provide additional useful information as a journalist?..

Obviously I'm not certain, but I thought that was Heliotrope. Maybe Yrden either incorperates Heliotrope's effects when you level it up, or maybe you get Heliotrope when leveling the Signs skill path.

I'm fairly confident that Yrden works like it did previously, though.

Where axeactly can I find this?
I don't remember seeing yrden working like in Witcher 2 so far. I always thought the first version was a small heliotrope and the second version this little cannon, you can see in that screen.

Each sign supposed to have two 'modes', though. But it would be nice to have a clarification from the REDs.

Cant wait for tomorrow... Youtubers SPOIL me... I need more mooore is it may 19 yet?

Cant wait for the 27th of april when the youtubers will be able to release some gameplay content bring it baby i dont care about spoilers in this game we will have so many options and different quests that some spoils is considered welcome in my book I KNOW by been a father and the only source of income in the family i wont have time to see EVERYTHING so bring it!

Yeah, I'd say it must be an upgraded version of Yrden, then. Really looks like they got the idea from Heliotrope. Bloody love the look of the signs this time round. They look amazing.

I'm also really liking the way Quen looks like a shield again, like it did in the first game ^ - ^

I can't recall seeing Yrden acting like it did in TW2, only seen the slowdown version. However every Sign does have two modes. In IGN's "wubwub" video you can see him seamlessly cast between the Igni and Quen modes. From what I've seen:

Igni - Flamethrower that is channeled and a Flameburst that fires in a forward arc.
Aard - 360 wave blast and forward arc that has a chance of knocking enemies down.
Quen - Channeled shield that seems to blocks all damage and a little orb that backfires when Geralt is hit.
Axii - A single target stun and a Charm spell.
Yrden - Slowing trap and something else?

Rumor: DX12 for TW3, according to MSI

So I just read an article, on a dutch tech site, saying that MSI have spoken about DX12 becoming available through a patch.

Now I know its nothing official. (that's why there is the word rumor in the title.) But MSI has since retracted it's statement, and I can't find it.
If it's true that means: DX12 is able to be patched in and the required specs can become lower for people with Win 10 and DX12.

My source: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/4368...utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hardwareinfo

Again it's a rumor, and I don't know if any of the devs know if they are even going to attempt to implement DX12, I sure hope so.

I can't recall seeing Yrden acting like it did in TW2, only seen the slowdown version. However every Sign does have two modes. In IGN's "wubwub" video you can see him seamlessly cast between the Igni and Quen modes. From what I've seen:

Igni - Flamethrower that is channeled and a Flameburst that fires in a forward arc.
Aard - 360 wave blast and forward arc that has a chance of knocking enemies down.
Quen - Channeled shield that seems to blocks all damage and a little orb that backfires when Geralt is hit.
Axii - A single target stun and a Charm spell.
Yrden - Slowing trap and something else?

I think you're right, actually. Now that I think of it, I remember them saying at some stage that they didn't want Yrden working quite the same as it did in The Witcher 2. Because people would just go for derpy backstab damage all the time lol.

Trap with Yrden -> run around behind them and boom. Ded.

Sounds like a good change to me, overall.

why are they called: spoiler screenshots?

Geralt on another planet can mean a lot of things, it doesn't have to be Ciri. (but it's the most spoilery one out there.)
Geralt on a quest finding Sigi Reuven or Yennefer... Well we knew for a long time they were in the game... so no news there.

Last edited:
At first I was really disappointed that they changed Quen back to "bubble shield" as seen in screenshot before. But then I realised that in 35min. official gameplay it looked still like the TW2 version so did they changed it in between or are theese both in game? One charged for more power and one not?

At first I was really disappointed that they changed Quen back to "bubble shield" as seen in screenshot before. But then I realised that in 35min. official gameplay it looked still like the TW2 version so did they changed it in between or are theese both in game? One charged for more power and one not?

they are both still in. You can see them being used here, to go ~48seconds:

So I just read an article, on a dutch tech site, saying that MSI have spoken about DX12 becoming available through a patch.

Now I know its nothing official. (that's why there is the word rumor in the title.) But MSI has since retracted it's statement, and I can't find it.
If it's true that means: DX12 is able to be patched in and the required specs can become lower for people with Win 10 and DX12.

My source: http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/4368...utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hardwareinfo

Again it's a rumor, and I don't know if any of the devs know if they are even going to attempt to implement DX12, I sure hope so.

dx12 needs more power or the game with dx12 can run with the same system specs?

Top Bottom