Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Why would you want a timer? I think that's a horrible idea mate tbh with you. Besides, it's too late to be implemented anyway so eh.
Apart from that, I think I've seen pretty much all there is to see right now, I'm loving it ;D.

Everything is looking good to me, I have had to mute a few of the video's due to language barriers or just plain not wanting to listen to some of these people(its all love tho). But I am very excited. I want to play so badly.

I am wondering how the combat feels. It looks good, but I need to play it already. I want to parry, slash, kick and thrust my way through combat with as little dodging as I can get away with.

Why?
The time limiter put a lot of focus on the main quest.

But then you can't do all the sidequests and explore the world, which would be a waste of work for the developers who put effort and time in it.

As far as I know some (important) quests that have an urgency do have a timer or at least they had because I haven't heard anything at all since then.

Last edited:
I like all I'm seeing from these older preview builds, the game looks amazing to say the least.
I don't know why people are upset about sea loot, who cares lol.. did you forget that TW2 had all kinds of bullshit junk loot everywhere.
You have the freedom to pick up what you want, so chill ;)
The weather the lighting, the music the graphics are great, about 20 more days and we can play it too!

You can do them later, in post game. (some quests are designed for that anyway, according to Gamespot's interview)

How would that work, if the world changes by your actions and choices at the end of the game compared to the beginning? That means you can only do some of them or you won't get to know the consequences.

You can do them later, in post game. (some quests are designed for that anyway, according to Gamespot's interview)
Even Fallout removed the dumb time limit with a patch soon after it was launched. Time limits are an anathema to games that rely on exploration and discovery. They force you to rush through the experience and kill all the enjoyment. There is a reason why not a single major RPG has relied on a time limit for their main quest for over a decade.

Or you can just have the freedom to do them however you want. If you feel some sense of urgency you should just stick to the main quest and ignore the side stuff. theres no reason the game should force that upon you.

There is, actually.
Skyrim managed the main quest in the same way. You can stop the main quest, do what you want, and maybe come back to follow the main quest when you have done all the side stuff. Without any kind of consequences.
So, ok, do you want freedom? Do you want to stop the main quest? You can do it, but you should have some consequences.

So, I'm watching some of the newly posted previews...and find myself being distracted by the...shenanigans... of some of the players rather than concentrating on actual gameplay.

I mean, these are the people whom had the honour to actually play the game. It's like, why not actually play the game and show something people want to know. Sure, fiddle around all you want, roam free, but at least go through bestiary, map, skills, explore, and what not. What is the word I'm looking for here? Structure?

Oh, and if you do need to comment on what's happening then do that, and do throw in a joke or two, instead of making the entire video a joke. I'd be happier hearing a serious youtuber commenting gameplay instead of the screaming and arguing some(apparently) grace their viewers with. Why on earth do I want to watch this? Oh, right, I don't.

At least now even I have found a reason to go dark: it's a measure of precaution, to avoid going postal.

Sorry if I'm being such a

At least Gopher delivered. That vid was very tidy and good, so there's that. ^_^

On the actual game though, I enjoyed seeing more of it and gameplay. I got many of my questions answered. So thank you so much for this devs! The game will be great I'm sure! I :unworthy: you and you have my utmost :respect: .

CDPR forever. :happy:

Last edited:
There is, actually.
Skyrim managed the main quest in the same way. You can stop the main quest, do what you want, and maybe come back to follow the main quest when you have done all the side stuff. Without any kind of consequences.
So, ok, do you want freedom? Do you want to stop the main quest? You can do it, but you should have some consequences.

What, if you want to play through the main quest all the way like there is a sense of urgency. Then that's your perogative, I'd rather explore and do what I like without having a timer set or w.e it is that'll force me into rushing the game.

The beauty of it all is, you can do what you want anyway. It's all good man..

There is, actually.

Again, so what? It is left up to the player, which is a good thing. If you want to follow the main quest to completion, then you are free to do that. If you take a diversion and get caught up doing side content, thats fine too.

Are we really starting to bring up Skyrim's main quest as a positive example? I enjoyed Skyrim for quite some time, but please let's not pretend the main quest was decent in any way.

This was actually what I said...the way in which Skyrim manage the main quest is fucking wrong.

Are we really starting to bring up Skyrim's main quest as a positive example? I enjoyed Skyrim for quite some time, but please let's not pretend the main quest was decent in any way.

Noone is saying the quest itself was good bud. Don't go bashing games just for the sake of it.

Top Bottom