Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
The dwarf's responds to this is just LOL! I get the sence that there will be so many moments in this game where I will be laughing my ass off.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 39
TW3 is said to have three different epilogues, as well as 36 different world states. These are determined by the decisions you make throughout the game. Consequences at the end of the game, and probably throughout it, too. Now there is criticism that there isn't another category for decisions and consequences, that being time limit for the main quest? Because there isn't a remarkable amount of complexity anyway? We get A, so let's complain about B. It's just never enough. Then there was a post that somehow blamed the open world for this and said this is why stories suffer in this format (as if TW1 and TW2 had time limits, despite being hub chapters with linear progression). And of course there were complaints about chests in the sea being ridiculous, and that suddenly the whole game is filled with boring loot and that exploration is boring or dead.

What's going on here?

I honestly feel that people are going out of their way to complain.
I honestly feel that you are going out of your way to exaggerate and act like every little point of criticism brought up by somebody would be a heresy against the game...

Stop making things up and calm down.

What's going on here?

I honestly feel that people are going out of their way to complain.

Some of us just can't deal with the fact that the game is turning out to be better and better, almost unreasonably so. I'm still half-expecting for CDPR to just say that W3 doesn't actually exist and the gaming indeed died. Or for them to mess up something really obvious, since they don't have any experience with open-world.
Naturally, people are going to seek out something that bothers them, regardless of whether it could be a real issue (*cough* alchemy *cough*) or not, and reveal it to the world. And it's not always a bad idea too - CDPR already listened to some of the feedback in the past and changed things accordingly. But, if the devs address all the major issues, then we eventually run out of things to bitch about. And that's where the infamous floating treasure chests come in, right?

Regardless, if I was forced to watch Perturbed Paco's entire video, I'd be complaining about everything too. :mean:

I peeked into some of the videos, and I have one question: Am I the only one who can't see any fish in the waters? What's with that? (Might be the fact that I'm watching the videos in 240/360p :p)

Go fish? ^_^

Seriously though, good observation. I do hope there will be little details like fish in the sea.

Fish in the sea. Ah, the memories...

I honestly feel that you are going out of your way to exaggerate and act like every little point of criticism brought up by somebody would be a heresy against the game...

Eli is right.

Giving a bit of good constructive criticism is one thing and moaning about little things, like two boxes in the sea, over and over again, is something totally different.
That's why some people here are being seen as nitpickers and whiners - majority of their posts are about meaningless details with rare mentions of good things in the game. You can't blame others for judging them this way - this is all people see, even when, personally, the might like what they see very much.

So these people should stop making things up and calm down.

Somebody else mentioned that in AngryJoe's video the general button prompts were for an Xbox controller while there were keyboard prompts shown when he approached a chest? I guess this was some kind of bug?!

View attachment 13039

Attachments

• button_prompts.jpg
    button_prompts.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 38
Im the only one who thinks Geralt lacks to become an animal?

a wolf or eagle with its respective possibilities. OMG this would amazing

So none of the youtubers showed the skill trees? Is that a spoiler? Were they asked not to show them? Why?

Gopher's next video is supposed to be focused more on mechanics and combat, so we might see more on this whenever Part 2 is released.

I don't think hes saying that criticism is heresy. I think he's saying that some folks have a tendency to dress up their criticism in baffling ways. There's treasure chests in the sea and suddenly its an "Ubisoft style" world full of filler. Theres no time limits on the main quest so that means its exactly like Skyrim's main quest. Both of those could prove to be accurate statements, but they are strange conclusions to immediately jump to.

Eli is right.

Giving a bit of good constructive criticism is one thing and moaning about little things, like two boxes in the sea, over and over again, is something totally different.
That's why some people here are being seen as nitpickers and whiners - majority of their posts are about meaningless details with rare mentions of good things in the game.
First, calling someboday a nitpicker or whiner is just needlessly offensive.
Second, "little things" are relativ. People are different and have different priorities, tastes, expectations, epxeriences. Some things you deem little others might deem major.
Third, if two or three people criticize the game for one reason there is no automatic "excessive moaning". It's just people sharing their opinion.
Fourth, there is some weird disturbance in perspective if constant praising is allowed and welcomed while criticism is apparently only allowed in small doses or once or not at all (because it's just little stuff). It's obviously ok to excessively comment on the beauty of the graphics with every new release video and screenshot (although the same people already said the same maybe 20 or 30 times already) while it's not allowed to do so for negative feedback - because you're obviously a whiner or nitpicker in the case.

Sorry, you also can't blame me for judging others as well. And imo here are way more fanb*beep* than nitpickers... ;)

I don't think hes saying that criticism is heresy. I think he's saying that some folks have a tendency to dress up their criticism in baffling ways. There's treasure chests in the sea and suddenly its an "Ubisoft style" world full of filler. Theres no time limits on the main quest so that means its exactly like Skyrim's main quest. Both of those could prove to be accurate statements, but they are strange conclusions to immediately jump to.
Exactly. It's anyway too late to change anything in this game now. So, if one wants to be constructive in their criticism, wait to watch how it actually plays out in the game instead of nitpicking watching five seconds of a video.

I'm sure the REDs will be more than happy to hear criticism for W3 after everyone gets their hands on the game.

Well, imo there is a difference between "Ubisoft style" and "being exactly like a Ubisoft world full of filler". Due to the internet people often misinterpret or overinterpret other people's post based on their own perception of both the actual discussion and the person talking about it - and of course because often comments aren't as exhaustive and explaining as they would be in a real time discussion. So we read what we want to read and we understand what we want to understand. ;)

Somebody else mentioned that in AngryJoe's video the general button prompts were for an Xbox controller while there were keyboard prompts shown when he approached a chest? I guess this was some kind of bug?!

maybe they knocked the mouse a bit accidentally.

Top Bottom