Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
To all those who are curious whether youtubers played on ultra or not...
I've asked Marcin Momot on Polish forum, if this video was recorded on ultra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE
and the answer is yes. Here's the proof if some of you know polish :)
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...mediach-dot-Wiedźmina-3?p=1618492#post1618492

And here's the translation: Yes, everything is on ultra except one option.
Which probably is hairworks ( one of the youtubers from Poland mentioned that Nvidia Shadow Play has its impact on graphic card's performance, which is why they did not turn the hairworks on for recording).

Didn't Gpher say that aswell? He said it ran on Ultra except for Hairworks. And that Hairworks looks amazing, but has high impact on performance.

I think the deal with PC prompts appearing while they were using controllers, is because in TW3 you can keep both input methods combined, where controller is for main gameplay, and KB/M is for menues, that was described in the Gamestar preview I think. Its pretty convenient.
That's unlikely because in the rest of the menu Joe clearly used a controller with the respective button prompts.

Yes. He did. And what's weird, as far as I remember many other youtubers said that hairworks didn't make FPS drops almost at all, which is probably, IDK, maybe 5-10 fps?So very normal I would say.

That's unlikely because in the rest of the menu Joe clearly used a controller with the respective button prompts.

Couldnt it be a case of the game randomly switching prompts some times? like maybe you play with the controller, but you move the table a bit and the mouse moves, and then the game changes the thing?

I dont know, but anyway, I remember some article said you could seamlessly go from using one input device to the other and the whole thing would rearrange for you immediately so you could use mouse for one thing and controller for another.

Couldnt it be a case of the game randomly switching prompts some times? like maybe you play with the controller, but you move the table a bit and the mouse moves, and then the game changes the thing?

I dont know, but anyway, I remember some article said you could seamlessly go from using one input device to the other and the whole thing would rearrange for you immediately so you could use mouse for one thing and controller for another.

Nope, that's not the case here because the keyboard prompts only showed up for when he approached chests but then every time he did so but nowhere else in menus or in the whole game. So it's neither a combination thing of keyboard/controller nor a coincidence. I guess it's a bug in the version he played.

Yes sir. I think this game has finally done it. It will take the crown from Skyrim for best RPG. And it's about time.
But.. Skyrim never had a REAL crown though lol.. that game sucked. Skyrim was only cool to all the new gamers that just started gaming again in 2011, that's my take on it.
Of course it's cool, if the last game you played was 007 on PS1 or 2 :)

Last edited:
5:04

PLEASE. CD PROJEKT RED.

Don't do this to us.

Pls.

We Harry Potter now.

EDIT: Mister Reptile faster than my own edit.

Last edited:
I guess it's something like: "Igni, check..."? :D I mean, he doesn't say anything when he's doing the signs otherwise in the game...

Gopher's video was indeed the best one by far. Good editing, nice build-up, good information. I'm looking forward to the second part of his video. No comparions to the lazy video without any editing or additional effort AngryJoe uploaded (actually I'm quite disappointed by that one).

I also liked how Gopher quite clearly stated his discontent for not being allowed to use mouse and keyboard. It's too bad. I'd loved to hear his opinion on mouse and keyboard controls in W3. Shame. It shows that CDPR quite clearly hasn't understood yet that the topic is important to some of us. You can clearly notice that the issue was important to Gopher as well...

Edit: I was also quite amusing when he said that he didn't mention LOD issues or texture plopping and stuff at all while later in the video while he fastly rode his horse there was massive plopping and LOD issues in the wood and vegetation, both texture and shadow plopping. Probably not avoidable I know, but I'm still mourning these apparently missing LOD sliders. Shouldn't be too hard to increase the LOD ratios if you really own a monster GPU setting...

Oh, and when Gopher scrolled through the HUD customization menu I think I didn't see a slider for dynamic information/names on the screen. So I guess they sadly won't be avoidable... :/

Last edited:
Watch after 13:00 mark. Now that's proper forest foliage for you. Don't compare cold climate foliage environment to forest shots from before. The forests look absolutely stunning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALGJGDRnHT0

By the way, I really want some uncompressed videos from the YouTubers, if they can provide. The amount of blur and color grading errors in the videos is too damn high!

Edit: Around 15:50 it's even better.

Edit2: Weird thing is, if you look at the preview when you put the cursor on the time-bar, the colors look correct. But in the video they are too washed out and gamma is incredibly increased. It's really weird...

I will admit it looks a lot better in this video.

Sorry for angering you guys. I just thought ultra would blow my mind. It still looks gorgeous but I was just bit disappointed

Top Bottom