Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Great video Gopher!
I like what I'm seeing and hearing for the most part.
I don't agree about having to lock on to a target though, I almost never did in TW2 on XB360.
I'm on the fence about this armor & sword repair shit, it seem to be annoying.
After watching that, I have a real sense that this IS indeed The Witcher Game CDPR have always wanted to make from the start and then some.
That is CLEAR as day!!
TW1 & 2 were training wheels & steping stones, TW3 IS The Real Deal.
It's the First Full True Witcher Game as far as I can tell.
Yes 19 more days left on this end ;)

As far as i've seen he's the most level-headed guy at YT. Shame on me for not watching his channel earlier.
Yes...Gopher's channel is the only one I am subscribed to, actually...His modding tutorials are perfect, helped me a lot with New Vegas... :)

Last edited:
I modded my Skyrim thanks to him. But that didn't help, stopped playing again after few hours, this game is just to dull for me ;)

Anyways, this guy is extremely inteligent (watch his blind W1 let's play) as well as reasonable and solid and knows RPGs mechanics very well. Perfect combo.

And there we have pewdepie or whatever his nick is... guy (with all the respect) is just stupid and unbearable to listen to and he has like 5mln views under every bullsh*it video he uploads.
That doesn't make any sanse to me, really.

Well, I see that many of you don't understand what I was actually meaning - I know that there is Journal and Glossary about characters, monsters, tutorial and crafting.. but I was asking if there is, like in previous Witcher games, some glossary info about the WORLD - like the places you visit, the races, events from past, territories, etc. because I don't see them in any videos.. yeah, monsters, characters but again, no info about the world.. that's what I meant people

Well, I see that many of you don't understand what I was actually meaning - I know that there is Journal and Glossary about characters, monsters, tutorial and crafting.. but I was asking if there is, like in previous Witcher games, some glossary info about the WORLD - like the places you visit, the races, events from past, territories, etc. because I don't see them in any videos.. yeah, monsters, characters but again, no info about the world.. that's what I meant people
I haven't see it either, but I guess we'll get some info about Novigrad for example...Or gnomes, halflings, elves etc...
We had those entries in both of previous games, I see no reason why CDPR should change that...

+1 for this Gopher guy. Don't usually watch these type of youtube videos with let's play etc. etc. Gopher's BY FAR the best one and clearly he has put effort into structuring the pace of his videos etc. Compared to Angryjoe's which are pathetic in terms of editing.

I haven't see it either, but I guess we'll get some info about Novigrad for example...Or gnomes, halflings, elves etc...
We had those entries in both of previous games, I see no reason why CDPR should change that...

Well, I really hope so, but where would they put it? We have seen what is there in the glossary section, and World info didn't fit in any of those.. but it would be really dumb to not have it there, especially now that so many people are going to play a Witcher game for the first time and the previous games had this World section info, and now it wouldn't, which would help so much the newcomers

Maybe you have to read books about them. Then, when you read the in game books, the voice on journal will be unlock.

Well, I really hope so, but where would they put it? We have seen what is there in the glossary section, and World info didn't fit in any of those.. but it would be really dumb to not have it there, especially now that so many people are going to play a Witcher game for the first time and the previous games had this World section info, and now it wouldn't, which would help so much the newcomers

Slovakian brother - don't fret - it will all be OK :) Just wait couple of weeks and all will be just.... dust in the wind :) Seriously i know how You feel, i know that anticipation just.... take it easy:) It's not really a long time untill all of Your questions are going to be answered. Have a lil bit of faith my slavian brother. :)

Slovakian brother - don't fret - it will all be OK :) Just wait couple of weeks and all will be just.... dust in the wind :) Seriously i know how You feel, i know that anticipation just.... take it easy:) It's not really a long time untill all of Your questions are going to be answered. Have a lil bit of faith my slavian brother. :)

:) yeah, don't worry slavian brother.. I have preordered the CE of the game even though I don't have anything to play it on :D no console, only a dual-core PC, I'm fucked, so the only info at the release i'm going to have is going to be from the reviews.. and in the week of the release of the game, I'm going to have other things to take care of.. dare I say even more important :)

:) yeah, don't worry slavian brother.. I have preordered the CE of the game even though I don't have anything to play it on :D no console, only a dual-core PC, I'm fucked, so the only info at the release i'm going to have is going to be from the reviews.. and in the week of the release of the game, I'm going to have other things to take care of.. dare I say even more important :)

Yeah unfortunately i have nothing to play that game on. e6700 OC 4,1 ghz 32 bit system 4 gb ram OC to ~900 MHz . Shitty rig :( At least i'll have great gameplays on gamrsyde and from this forum full of wonderful people.

Never heard of gopher but he put together two fantastic videos. I keep telling myself that I've seen enough, but still manage to click on something new pretty much every single day. Can't wait to enjoy in less than 3 weeks :)

Never heard of gopher but he put together two fantastic videos. I keep telling myself that I've seen enough, but still manage to click on something new pretty much every single day. Can't wait to enjoy in less than 3 weeks :)

Oh You lucky person! :D Share some gameplay :)

@Percival_Dickenbutts

I support your argument, its perfectly logical, and I actually discussed more or less the same subject not too many pages before you started with the balance thing.

Interestingly, while quite a few posters here like to exaggerate and conveniently ignore alternatives from your conclusions, you actually hit on the nail when you said this is not just about that fight, but about the problems the system could easily show in more poignant examples.
My own point in fact, was not made based in the fight with the duel guy, but rather in a fight a female german youtuber had with some wolves, with no armor...and no sword...and fighting terribly.

She destroyed them beyond easily, and there was absolutely 0 chance she would've died unless she would wanted to on purpose.

Sadly, for what I'm seeing TW3's levels seem to override even the most basic and fundamental, minimally believable traits creatures have in the fiction.
And to those thinking about countering my post asking if then I want Geralt to be invencible, or if I want monster scaling like in Elder Scrolls, take a note from TW games and remember not everything is either black or white.
I like non scaling enemies, I like levels to represent some degree of power between creatures, but TW3's case looks like it was taken to an extreme.

I dont have a problem with that if it enhances gameplay enough, but I don't think it does, and it also breaks a whole new group of things, while also not being necessary at least in my opinion.

Hah, noticed a typo. "Death had lamost taken him..."

Anyways, this guy is extremely inteligent (watch his blind W1 let's play) as well as reasonable and solid and knows RPGs mechanics very well. Perfect combo.
I can't watch another Let's Play at the moment, but yeah, Gopher earned a new subscriber after these videos. He's great.

I can't wait to re-unite with my witcher buddies at Kaer Morhen. (RIP Leo, never forget) :'(
You knew him for like two days.

Question about Gwent's rules:

So there are three rows, 1 for hand combat, 1 for archers/ranged, and 1 for artillery, which are weakened accordingly by frost, unknown, and rain. Are there any other mechanics tied directly to the rows/role of those three types of units?

Top Bottom