Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
I love that concept. I ususally can't play open world games for long, they are too distracting, uninteresting and shallow. Having those 'HL like' moments and great story will be awesome, if made the right way.

Skyrim was rather about creating your own story. This game is for 5-year olds, kinda like having a virtual friend :D

Anyways, this is a problem for CDPR, because they closed Geralt's road for themselves and now It will be pretty hard to create something that will match storytelling of this saga. I mean, you can create story only about Yen or Ciri when you play more as a mage or strictly as a mage, but in that case I would be worried about sales.
You can create number of playable characters, but in that case story will suffer.
They wouldn't create a game in which you can only play a mage. Like you said, that would heavily reduce the sales. Most people want to play a "figher"-like character.
One of the bgiggest appeal of the witcher games are all the character relations.And not only the important ones between Geralt and his clostest like Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan etc. There are also so many minor characters we know from the books and it's a great experience to meet them in the game. For example when I first met Phillipa in the games, I thought about Geralt's experiences with her in Blood of Elves and I knew I have to be careful and shouldn't trust her. A witcher 4 with a player-created character would kill all this moments, as this character wouldn't have any connection, relation or past with any of these awesome characters we know from the books and previous games.

Last edited:
I wished they would have given Ciri some kind of progression or reduced the time we will have to play as her. I mean 5-10 hours, which are according to the gamestar journalist more an action-adventure than a rpg seems a bit much. No inventory, no exp, no skill tree, absolutely no customization or progression. I would be fine with that for some hours but up to 10? I will probably enjoy it for story reasons on my 1st playthrough but after that? Hopefully there will be a mod to skip this parts.

I agree. It's an RPG, there should be a character progression, inventory and new armors or outfits for Ciri.

5-10 hours in an 100-200 hour game is very reasonable number.

This. Plus I think it could be a real asset to the story to see the world through multiple points of view (especially if we get to see the same locations at different times through different characters' eyes). I've always preferred fantasy and sci-fi books that get you into the heads of multiple characters (Witcher Series, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc.). I really think you need to see a world through at least two points of view before you can get an honest assessment of it.

I agree. It's an RPG, there should be a character progression, inventory and new armors or outfits for Ciri.

There are. Just not things that *you* control. She is constrained by the story ~ but develops between 'chapters'. I'd be very surprised if you ended the game with the 11 year old from the tutorial ;)

I would rather prefer no witcher 4 than a witcher 4 with a Bioware/Bethesa like player-created character. The Dragonborn/Inquistor must be two of the most shallow and boring characters, which ever existed in a video game.

I can understand your fears in this regard but I'd trust CDPR far more than Bioware/Bethesda to do a great job with the story line, even with a player created character. Besides, now that they've created such an amazing fantasy world, it'd be a shame to never revisit....for me at least :)

The Imperious Leader is the ruler of the Cylons as depicted in the 1978 Battlestar Galactica television series.

The Imperious Leader's body is built to resemble the reptilian race that originally built the Cylons, but is not organic in any way. According to the novelization of the pilot episode, Imperious Leaders have three distinct brains, each one capable of individual or unified thought, thereby making them adept strategists and leaders.

Sorry to be OT but blimey, I watched that series and never knew (or don't remember) any of that stuff! Reptilian race? Three brains? What were they smoking?

This takes me back!

Left one from Gophers 3rd video, right one from witcher 1 cinematic intro

Sorry to be OT but blimey, I watched that series and never knew (or don't remember) any of that stuff! Reptilian race? Three brains? What were they smoking?

Same as Hunter no doubt:

I do remember the 3 brains, 3 centurions per raider & 3 raiders per squad, so they had this whole 3rd degree angle going through the cylons, and people thought it was just because the cheapskates producers were reusing the same old stock footage ;)

I don't believe the reptile thing, thats smacks of a commando edit linking BSG2004's showrunner David Eick with messianic reptile-phobe David Icke ;)

Gopher's latest video was proper hype. Glad to hear he's so impressed with the quality of the writing and the quests. It's the most important part, and I'm hoping it'll be brilliant. I mostly listened to him, not wanting to spoil anything that was happening on screen.

The dwarf made me lol.

Gwent is receiving more and more compliments from different internet guys. Seems promising.

This takes me back!

Left one from Gophers 3rd video, right one from witcher 1 cinematic intro
Wow. :(

I finished TW1 again today. I was embarrassingly sentimental at the end, thinking how far CDPR came. I'm just a big softie.

Only one stage left in the marathon I started at January this year. Well, two, including TW3.

I'm gradually tuning out from the world. I'll emerge again at the end of June.

After just finishing reading The Last Wish today, I squealed like a little schoolgirl seeing Yen in those last couple of linked vids

Man I just cannot wait to see where the story goes. It's going to be, both literally and otherwise, magical.

After just finishing reading The Last Wish today, I squealed like a little schoolgirl seeing Yen in those last couple of linked vids

Am I the only one who thought that Yen was a horrendous hag and turbocunt in the short stories?.. She does a 180 in the novels, but I really hated her in the Last Wish and SoD.

Here's hoping that CDPR stick to the novel-Yen, I guess.

Am I the only one who thought that Yen was a horrendous hag and turbocunt in the short stories?.. She does a 180 in the novels, but I really hated her in the Last Wish and SoD.

Here's hoping that CDPR stick to the novel-Yen, I guess.

ESP in SOD , she was seeing another wizard too if i am correct , ( and went away to avoid choosing)

Inviting Gopher to the event was a right call and I was so happy when I read he was going and OMG he didn't let us down. His approach to this has just been flawless, very informative and dare I say far more professional than anything we have seen by others. I will bet you that whoever at CDPR suggested Gopher for the event have gotten lots of pads on his/her shoulder with a: "great call mate".

Top Bottom