Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
So whats up with the pulsating Medallion in the Jesse Cox video? Never noticed it before and I cant see what is causing it. I figured it may be the place of power but both times it randomly starts in the middle of combat and ends as soon as its over.

[video]https://youtu.be/WrZP6Sq-8vI?t=96[/video]

Never noticed it before and I cant see what is causing it.

Magic or danger. :comeatmebro:

It might indicate that there's something for the Witcher Senses. I can't see anything specific in that vid either, to be honest.
Damn, I really miss the W1 medallion...

Last edited:

Attachments

• 000000.JPG
    000000.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 47
This is super nit picky but...

The hanging skeleton. Now, I am by no means an expert on the human body, but wouldn't the bones fall apart with nothing holding them together? I get that we are supposed to feel the body has been hanging for a while but come on, it looks like a Halloween decoration.

I am referring to the Brazilian video, it got really obvious at 3:32 in, the feet are not even attached, just floating.

Bah, ill just pretend its magic.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they wanted it to hang they should have just made it slightly decomosed, but not completely skeletal, otherwise, as you said, it'd simply fall apart.

This is super nit picky but...

The hanging skeleton. Now, I am by no means an expert on the human body, but wouldn't the bones fall apart with nothing holding them together? I get that we are supposed to feel the body has been hanging for a while but come on, it looks like a Halloween decoration.

I am referring to the Brazilian video, it got really obvious at 3:32 in, the feet are not even attached, just floating.

Bah, ill just pretend its magic.

I am not an anatomy expert either, but as far as I know skeletons aren't (just) held together by muscles. even if most of the body is gone, a skeleton can stay in one piece (at least for a while)

I am not an anatomy expert either, but as far as I know skeletons aren't (just) held together by muscles. even if most of the body is gone, a skeleton can stay in one piece (at least for a while)

Ligaments/muscles, none of which are on that one in the video, thus the bones would not be connected.

Lol, how would the bones stay connected without ligaments? As was said above, its really minor, but also really obvious and silly looking.

Lol, how would the bones stay connected without ligaments? As was said above, its really minor, but also really obvious and silly looking.
Ligaments/muscles, none of which are on that one in the video, thus the bones would not be connected.

I didn't actually have the video in front of me when I commented, that ankle really does look like it's not connected at all.
I was thinking of previous instances where I saw a skeleton, most recently a very disturbing video where piranhas ate most of a kid (thanks, reddit). there where portions where really all you could see were bones, but it didn't fall apart.
I think the upper parts of these skeletons look alright, it's just the legs/arms that look a bit too clean.

I always enter this thread expecting exciting news and all I'm finding lately is complaints. Where is the ultra footage. Where is the console footage. I'm so disappointed I haven't seen this or that. 18 days people. Suck it up and wait it out. PS I'm an Xbox owner with it preordered (CE) and PRE LOADED :). Have some faith and in the worst case experience some surprise when the game first boots up. It's just a video game....

Some things you said i agree with. But isn't it a bit wired that we haven't gotten no console footage yet. I mean the game is out in 16 days. Majority of people will be playing there. I'm not one of them thou but i do understand why they want to see it. (I know they said they would show it soon. I say it's about time.)
And the it's just a video game thing i never really liked that. Playing video games is a pass time we really enjoy and it's not just a thing we leave there and say ''Yeah i like to play a game once in a wile, there ok i guess.'' I mean... you, me, everyone here in this forums really like games. Hell being in a game forum must show how much a person cares about a certain game.
Anyways i got a little of topic but i just wanted to share my views on both those things.

---------- Updated at 04:23 AM ----------

Well I imagine the pre-load on PC at least will be as late as possible since it will most likely mean pirates starting to play it sooner than everyone else and spam the internet with spoilers since it has no DRM or anything to protect it even minimally. I am guessing...

I don't think you need to worry about that. Pre-loads are normally protected and when the game launches it downloads a tiny patch just to get it running. When games are leaked ahead of time it's because they got the game another way. Like for example in stores they have to sell it in the correct date but some people get it, copy it crack it then put it online. Maybe with the help of a friend that works in the store.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...-gazillion-questions-about-everything-really/

Haha! Dualshockers posted the entire Damien Monnier Q&A up on it's website with this introduction:

If you’re eagerly awaiting the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and you have half a hour or more to kill, we come bearing gifts, or better, Senior Game Designer Damien Monnier does, with a ginormous Q&A on the game’s official forums.

If you prefer a small excerpt with some of the juiciest bits, you can find it here, but if you’re in for the long run, sit down, pick up a beer (which is obligatory whenever CD Projekt RED is involved) and enjoy the ride:

That's pretty cool. It seems like most websites only post a little bit here or there when really the whole thing should be read for those who crave the information. Good for them.

I'm drunk

What a coincidence! ;)

Seriously, thanks all of you @RED 's for this game. It's been a long journey, but I haven't been this excited about a game release within my available memory. (albeit slightly compromised at this point).

It takes a lot for a game to get to my top 5, but I've got real reason to believe that this one might shoot up to the #1 slot. You guys have some incredible standards, and it fucking shows.

What a coincidence! ;)

Seriously, thanks all of you @RED 's for this game. It's been a long journey, but I haven't been this excited about a game release within my available memory. (albeit slightly compromised at this point).

It takes a lot for a game to get to my top 5, but I've got real reason to believe that this one might shoot up to the #1 slot. You guys have some incredible standards, and it fucking shows.

:comeatmebro:AND TALENT :hatsoff:

p.s But there's no such thing as coincidence, RIGHT? lol...

Last edited:
I was looking at a summary of skills on reddit and a question came to my mind. I know there is this thread but I am uncertain if 'we' get enough input there.(If this is not ok, please just move the post^^).

Do we know how many skillpoints we can get? Because it takes a massive amount of points to max a tree out and I imagine you'd still want for example muscle memory and Strength training from the combat tree, even if you are specialized in Signs. For a signs build you also need 'Focus' and at some point 'Techniques of the Gryphon school' from the General tree. We know that you lose the points you get from the places of power when you use the respec option(through an elixir). Can we go there and collect these points again or are they lost forever?
Edit: Another question is if we can skip upgrades of something. Lets say you put 8 points into signs, 4 points in Igni and 4 in Aard at the first level, will be be able to skill the second mode of Quen, even if we havent got any points in the quen upgrade in the first row?

Anyway, I like how many options you have in this skillsystem. For example, by skilling 'focus'(Adrenaline increases sign damage) you could potentially make your basic signs really powerful even if you are fully concentrated on the combat tree. Great stuff.

Last edited:

A tiny bit later you can see a different hanging skeleton which appears to only go down to the pelvis and knee. The lower legs seem absent. Perhaps disintegration should happen earlier, but I'm not going to worry about it too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom