Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Because it could be that you need the special senses to make sense of what happened to the carcass. They might not be apparent to the naked eye. The carcass wasn't the clue, what happened to it was. Forensics is afterall about the details.

if I wanna be nitpicky, he only needs the senses to notice the carcass, afterwards he can examine it at any time. so Geralt seems less observant than us :p

it's probably done for consistency - they don't want the examine prompt floating above every single clue in the world, so they are always hidden by default. I would prefer if they weren't for bigger, more obvious clues, but whatever.. it's not that big of a deal.

Attachments

• 8538bcfe51fd6ab0e49e494459326513.png
    8538bcfe51fd6ab0e49e494459326513.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 69
Just a quick note here.

It is not necessary (strictly speaking) to investigate that carcass with Geralt's Witcher Senses. In theory, players can follow clues without interacting with these clues and just piecing together information by themselves. The scent is a bit more difficult, but there are other clues that i will not spoil that may be used to deduce where to go. It might be a bit more difficult not using the supernatural senses, but it is possible.

As for the ending...there is a way to keep Niellen alive. How to do that, I shall leave up to you all to figure out. But sometimes, there are only bad options when you have traveled too deep into the core of an issue. ;)

Anyway, happy discussing!

14 days!!!!!:victory:

This is very reassuring news. Witcher senses have worried me a little, but if it's done like you say, then it's the best of both worlds.

Just read here

http://www.geeksnack.com/2015/05/04/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-receives-retail-pc-version-faq/

that there will be a one time internet activation for retail copies.
Hopefully, this will curb initial attempts by those who don't want to pay for the game...

Although it must be noted that the extra small file that needs to be downloaded to run the game is there in the case of copies produced before the release date. The copies that will be produced afterwards will not need any additional activation (That's the original quote). The activation using the GOG.com code that will be provided is for future updates, free DLCs and digital goodies.

Not all retail copies. Only those that we're produced before the launch date. Probably because of shipping time.

Ahhh. Damn it.

I actually want this game to have some preventative measures...
My heart ached when they showed how many times the second game was downloaded as opposed to bought.

Ahhh. Damn it.

I actually want this game to have some preventative measures...
My heart ached when they showed how many times the second game was downloaded as opposed to bought.

That's how it is. But honestly I don't think piracy really affects legit consumers or sales that much. Piracy is only for those who doesn't have the cash to buy the game in the first place.

That's how it is. But honestly I don't think piracy really affects legit consumers or sales that much. Piracy is only for those who doesn't have the cash to buy the game in the first place.

Yeah, I don't think CDPR is doing that to stop pirates. Its more about trying to keep the game from leaking early and pirates getting to enjoy the game before anyone else.

Right, I just have a strong opinion that those who have been waiting for GTA V and/or the W3 for so long, for instance, would have surely saved up enough $ to buy the games. Surely, 1.5-2.5 years is a long enough wait if you truly want to play a legit copy.

I don't want to single out AAA games necessarily on purpose by the way.

that there will be a one time internet activation for retail copies.
Hopefully, this will curb initial attempts by those who don't want to pay for the game...
I have a bad experience with this from Wither 2.
I had pre-ordered the game, but I could not play the game for several days because the game wouldn't activate.
I hope this doesn't happen with Witcher 3.

I had pre-ordered the game, but I could not play the game for several days because the game wouldn't activate.

From what we've heard TW3 is way more bug free than TW1 and TW2 were on launch. So I think the learnt from their mistakes. I preordered it too and would hate to wait a few days >.<

Last edited:

I wasn't around at the time, but I think the activation problems with TW2 were primarily because of the shitty DRM solution they were forced to use. If they have server capacity to handle the pre-loads, the activation shouldn't be a problem. (Famous last words? I've probably just jinxed it)

Anything is possible.. (Mercury Retrograde) starts May 17/18 lol..

I've read some guy's video (he is a youtuber, saw all three versions at CDPR), where he states that Xbox One looks much worse than PS4 not only in terms of resolution but LOD (level of detail in distance). He said that textures pop-up just like 4-5 meters away, and still look bad.With the devs having said that PS4 has 40 seconds loading (fast-travel and save load only) i'm afraid to even think about the situation on Xbox One
:facepalm:

That's awesome!! so does this mean that as the REAL next-gen games start popping up, we'll start to see the difference in hardware affecting the games? It was about time we started to see a difference anyway. I'm super glad I ditched xbox to jump back into PS, whom I started with from day one on the original PS.

Gonna look good on a 50" hdtv :D, granted, still console, till I can buy my GTX980+ i7 4790k

Top Bottom