Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/...and-much-more/

Really solid interview with Jose about weather, visuals, draw distances and etc.

EDIT - FAVORITE PARTS

G: While many focus a lot on pixel and polygon count, lighting is possibly the most important element in making a game look great. Could you give us some details about the lighting solutions and tech used in The Witcher 3? How much of it is dynamic, and how much is baked?

JT: Lighting is absolutely crucial! And making an open-world game with always changing lighting conditions was a huge challenge. Every light in the game is dynamic, even some effects cast lights too, you can walk up to almost every light source and extinguish or ignite its flame, nothing is baked!

We ended up not using Global Illumination, light bouncing and reflecting… this is similar to what I mentioned previously with visual effects, an area where things keep getting better every year, but these really cool solutions are still far too expensive to use in a complex game. So to add more detail to the lighting, the whole world is covered in “lighting and reflection” probes, that analyse the surrounding area and light it accordingly. It does a pretty good job.

G: Draw distance is another element that contributes to make a open world really feel “open.” Just how far can we see in The Witcher 3? Does it vary with different weather conditions? Is it the same on all platforms, or is it different?

JT: As far as I know the draw distances are the same in every platform. Now of course it gets more complicated because it’s greatly affected by fog, and all those things, but in the more clear weather conditions, the visibility distance is pretty impressive!

AND

G: Thanks a lot for your time. Do you have any parting words for our readers?

JT: Well, what can I say? We worked crazy hard on Wild Hunt, and we genuinely hope you enjoy it. As a gamer, I hate hearing those “absolute” sentences like “groundbreaking this” and “revolutionizing that”… How about this: give me a really good game! One that is interesting, well written, well made, a game that will serve as a reference for future role playing titles. I’m biased, of course… But I think we did exactly that.

As for us, CD Projekt Red, this was one hell of a learning experience. A gigantic game, made by a relatively small team (for a project this big and complex), no automated procedural systems, hand-made, hand-placed assets… In three years we upgraded and tweaked our engine so many times, we’ve lost count… And we already have such enormous lists of things to improve it even further… This is mindblowing.

Like I said, I’m super excited to see what comes next and what we’ll be able to pull off with all the lessons learned from this title. We can’t thank the fans enough for their constant support, and please, KEEP COMMENTING! We do actually read the feedback, and it does influence the game! We’re all gamers!

Last edited:
Alright, so now that people are apparently streaming the full game, it looks like it's time to go under if you want to avoid spoilers.
This often happens a few days before release, but almost two weeks before is very annoying. I suppose this is what happens when you're so liberal about giving out copies - or someone just messed up some place.

Alright, so now that people are apparently streaming the full game...

Whaaaa ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3Zzp5yR_0

7:24 It's nice to know that the romantic relationships influences the plot. I wouldn't be surprised if you would have to choose between Triss or Yennefer.

I could imagine that Yen tries to use the Nilfgaardian resources to track down Ciri and Triss is working In Novigrad a la resistance (can't really describe it better but I hope you get what I mean) helping the Northern kingdoms. I always thought that she was some kind of patriotic, at least in the games.

Alright, so now that people are apparently streaming the full game, it looks like it's time to go under if you want to avoid spoilers.
This often happens a few days before release, but almost two weeks before is very annoying. I suppose this is what happens when you're so liberal about giving out copies - or someone just messed up some place.

Well, with the amount of media coverage (and hype) the game got, it's no wonder streamers would fall all over themselves to start the game... not judging, just saying.

What? Where did you get that information... streaming the whole game? They would get banned or their video taken down if that happened.

It seems that he was not the only one :

Oh boy we are going to have a long week :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• prima tease 2.png
    prima tease 2.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 37
  • cJMCVK7.jpg
    cJMCVK7.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
It seems that he was not the only one :

Oh boy we are going to have a long week :troll:

Indeed, since apparently the game (PS4/Xbone) was actually released in the UAE today. Whether or not that was intended is hard to say, but people are able to buy it, and are doing so, legally.

Top Bottom