Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Dead too... but just as likely as Vilgefortz.

Maybe it is still possible somehow, even if only in a flashback. Also, Alvin is only dead in the future as an adult, so it is not so simple if he could appear in the expansion or not, but I think he will not for story reasons.

Guest 3498887

How about status and when for patch 1.12? There are a number of minor bugs I hope get addressed rsn in that patch hopefully before (if I can wait) I start my 3rd full playthrough. I need the bugs addressed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! Shitty translation ahead!

"With Blood and Wine we will try to end, at least for a while, with the universe of The Witcher. It'll be the last adventure with Geralt as main protagonist. But nothing is really certain. Blood and Wine will be the conclusion of Geralt's story, after that we'll focus with all of our energy on Cyberpunk 2077.

Blood and Wine is an independent story, not particulary related with the Main storyline of the Wild Hunt. Thanks to the experience and the feedback gain from the Main Game, we think we have made something that is even better than the base game.

For example we believe we didn't manage to create a well-developed antagonist in Wild Hunt and because of that we worked hard to make unique and memorable the main villain of this expansion. Furthermore we have created a very complex story which we think players will really enjoy. We are quite satisfied of what we have done and we know that - in the future i suppose - even better can be done.

Source
by Eurogamer.it

and because of that we worked hard to make unique and memorable the main villain of this expansion

YEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Last edited:
Warning! Shitty translation ahead!

"With Blood and Wine we will try to end, at least for a while, with the universe of The Witcher. It'll be the last adventure with Geralt as main protagonist. But nothing is really certain. Blood and Wine will be the conclusion of Geralt's story, after that we'll focus with all of our energy on Cyberpunk 2077.

Blood and Wine is an independent story, not particulary related with the Main storyline of the Wild Hunt. Thanks to the experience and the feedback gain from the Main Game, we think we have made something that is even better than the base game.

For example we believe we didn't manage to create a well-developed antagonist in Wild Hunt and because of that we worked hard to make unique and memorable the main villain of this expansion. Furthermore we have created a very complex story which we think players will really enjoy. We are quite satisfied of what we have done and we know that - in the future i suppose - even better can be done.

Source
by Eurogamer.it

and because of that we worked hard to make unique and memorable the main villain of this expansion

YEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Another interesting thing he says is that Berengar was meant to be the protagonist in The Witcher 1

Senior writer for the Blood & Wine expansion said that its story would be better than the main one:

The story in the main game is far from perfect, so improving on it in the expansions is not very surprising. But with so much quality content in the expansions, and their quests designed to be played at a high level, the second and third acts of the main story will end up looking bad in comparison.

The story in the main game is far from perfect, so improving on it in the expansions is not very surprising. But with so much quality content in the expansions, and their quests designed to be played at a high level, the second and third acts of the main story will end up looking bad in comparison.
i know, the third act especially is a mess, and this opinion seems to be shared on other gaming websites and not just in this forum. and Hearts of stone is already way better than the main story. so yeah, we shall see what they'll do with this expansion and beyond.

After playing HoS, mainly the 3rd act looks worse and worse.. it is still better than in most games this size and lenght, but man, Wild Hunt is realy butched in W3, especially Eredin.. If W3 was my first and only Witcher game I have played, then I would be even more disappointed in them - in a game where there's no real good or bad, the Wild Hunt is just your stereotypical cliche EVIL, that is barely in the game..

Eredin has like, what 10 lines in the whole game? We all know that CD Projekt can make great "villains" (Azar Javed and Jacques de Aldersberg in TW1, Letho and Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen (even though he is from the books) in TW2 and now the great Gaunter O'Dimm and Olgierd von Everec in HoS, even TW3 had some great characters like Bloody Baron, Hubert Rejk or the Crones, etc.), so I really don't know what happened with Eredin and the whole Wild Hunt (+ Reason of State questline).. TW3 could have been so much more, but at the end it failed, even though I think the endings are well made..

They could made a EE like they did with TW2, where they have added some new quests - this time it would be quests to flesh out far more Eredin, the Wild Hunt and the White Frost, change the ending(s) of Reason of State quest, etc.. but no, people wanted more dialog scenes between Ciri and Geralt, Triss and Yennefer, so that's that

Last edited:
They could made a EE like they did with TW2, where they have added some new quests - this time it would be quests to flesh out far more Eredin, the Wild Hunt and the White Frost, change the ending to Reason of State quest, etc.. but no, people wanted more dialog scenes between Ciri and Geralt, Triss and Yennefer, so that's that

They still can, there's no still no EE and those dialogues were added because the VA were already recording for Hearts of Stone, 2 birds 1 stone basically. And yeah it could be focused only on the Main Storyline (aka 3rd act, Eredin/Wild Hunt and if they can also Reason of State which is sooo bad), there's no need for new sidecontents.

And ending the trilogy like this certanly doesn't help to say farewell to Geralt. Don't leave us like this, Master Blacha! :geraltsad:

They still can, there's no still no EE and those dialogues were added because the VA were already recording for Hearts of Stone, 2 birds 1 stone basically. And yeah it could be focused only on the Main Storyline (aka 3rd act, Eredin/Wild Hunt and if they can also Reason of State which is sooo bad), there's no need for new sidecontents.

And ending the trilogy like this certanly doesn't help to say farewell to Geralt. Don't leave us like this, Master Blacha! :geraltsad:

Actually this. If I had to choose between a 3rd expansion or improving the main game,i'd choose the latter.

It's obvious that the game was rushed or they run out of budget once again,but the main villain was totally underdeveloped.Also,the post-main quest state of the game where everyone dissappears is an obvious sign of rushed game wrapping and it just felt wrong.

I can understand if they run out of time and cash for it,but now that the game has become a big commercial success,they could invest some of it to things that they wanted but weren't able to do due to lack of resources,as a thank you for the fans.

Anyway in CD-Project we trust,I hope these guys show EA and Ubisoft how post launch support is done!

Well.. I Would buy both HoS & BAW as a stand alone on a single disc, or a 2 disc set in the future, but without the the main story.
But by then I hope to have my very first pc, AND maybe by then, this game will be WAY more solid & bug-free-perfect, hey, I can dream can't I. lol..
I Doubt they'll do it, but hey Maybe.. and if they charge 40/45 bucks for it, it will help them make an even better cyberpunk 2077 & more witcher after that.
Come-On, WHO dosen't want to play the Next Witcher Game.. in true CGI QUALITY??
Cuz you know that's just where it's going after TW3. ;)

Last edited:

Fringilla.

Seriously, if they don't put Fringilla in BaW, they could have just given her the same fate as Sheala then.

Blood and Wine is an independent story, not particulary related with the Main storyline of the Wild Hunt.

The more often I read that it is an independet story and not related to the main story, I wonder how much this means. Why don't they just say that it will be just like HoS? I haven't seen that phrase or did I miss it?

So far they always confirm that it will be unrelated to the main story + the fact that it isn't even close to the main story place, hm. I wonder how much unrelated it will be.

Sounds more and more like how Season of Storms is to the book series.

And ending the trilogy like this certanly doesn't help to say farewell to Geralt. Don't leave us like this, Master Blacha!

Actually this. If I had to choose between a 3rd expansion or improving the main game,i'd choose the latter.

I wholeheartedly agree that Act 3 and the Wild Hunt are inferior, but I still prefer the new expansion. Why? Because I think it is easier to make new perfect expansion like HoS (and hopefully BaW) than to significantly improve the Wild Hunt ending. Even in the books the Aen Elle part is probably the weakest one, therefore I think that even though the Wild Hunt ending may be improved, they will remain nothing more than the average villains.

I wholeheartedly agree that Act 3 and the Wild Hunt are inferior, but I still prefer the new expansion. Why? Because I think it is easier to make new perfect expansion like HoS (and hopefully BaW) than to significantly improve the Wild Hunt ending. Even in the books the Aen Elle part is probably the weakest one, therefore I think that even though the Wild Hunt ending may be improved, they will remain nothing more than the average villains.

This what I think that CDPR is doing. Basically they don't want to change the main game after all those awards because they'll have to face to the press and a significant part of the new players and answer this question: "why are you changing a game which has received so many awards?". Any room to answer all the complains of the fans (if they do) will be through expansions. And I'm not defending this solution, if it was my decision I would rewrite the whole game in order to have a proper save import and not the shit we had. I'm just doing rational assumptions

Last edited:
Top Bottom