Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Anyone knows what are they saying? Something interesting? :)

https://www.facebook.com/GameStar.de/videos/10153522444394109/

So it was a live video about asking a quest designer from CDPR. I will write down the "most important" Q&A.

First of all he said: Witcher 3 Blood and Wine will be the last expansion for Witcher 3. The reason: "you should stop when it is at its best."

Second question: Could you imagine a woman as a witcher for future witcher games since Geralt is about to retire?Answer: Yes we could imagine.

Also they said developers would like to work on a new project since they started working on the witcher series since 2002.

New skellige gwent card faction as mentioned some posts above.

Question: Will there be a gwent card game? (I guess standalone like Heartstone) Answer: There were several discussions between developers about that but at the moment there is nothing planned beside blood and wine.

Side information: Witcher 1 & 2 were planned as open world games already but there was no possibility to develop them as such.

Question: Will there be (in blood and wine expansion) characters from the books we havent seen so far? Answer: There will be new characters and characters we already met in the game. Question: So new characters from the books? Answer: Maybe?

Question: Hardcore mod with only one life? Answer: Not planned maybe in the future.

Question: Did you improve the graphics and optimization for blood and wine? Answer: Yes, after main game feedback there are several improvements.

Side question: Graphics compared to first gameplay video back in 2014, better ? (guess its this one but im not sure!): Thanks @TheImpZA

Answer: Yes, in my eyes!

Improvements Toussaint: vegetation, textures (people will be very impressed seeing toussaint for the first time)

So this is all I got about the new expansion and general witcher game. About map size I didnt hear a thing.

Last edited:
So, since we're gonna meet characters we've met already in the game, my bet is definitely on Fringilla : )

In HoS it was Gaunter.

The one you posted is from 2013 and running on the old engine - the one used for TW2.

1. Which location is at 1.24 minutes of this trailer?
  2. Could you get in the game the staff in 1.33 minutes of video ?

1. Which location is at 1.24 minutes of this trailer?
  2. Could you get in the game the staff in 1.33 minutes of video ?

I think it's the Elven Ruin (internally it's called q104_Mine), the quest you visit with Keira. You do a boss battle there.

Not sure what you mean? That's Caranthir, Wild Hunt general. The staff is in the game, it's his weapon.

So, since we're gonna meet characters we've met already in the game, my bet is definitely on Fringilla : )

In HoS it was Gaunter.

I hope you're right. :)

Watch it be Emhyr. :D

Last edited:
"Graphics for the new area have been improved and CDPR was thinking if they should replace for example the grass on the WHOLE map with the new, better grass"

Yes please!

"Graphics for the new area have been improved and CDPR was thinking if they should replace for example the grass on the WHOLE map with the new, better grass"

Yes please!

I am the only one that doesn't think that the grass is bad? Is there an image comparison? I never understood this complaint. It looks fine, there's just too much pop in when you're on Roach. It's why I never use her. :p

I'd like see new lighting (less yellow filter), less blue fog and more real fog, to add atmosphere, like seen in earlier vids.

Last edited:
I am the only one that doesn't think that the grass is that bad? It looks fine, there's just too much pop in when you're on Roach. It's why I never use her. :p

I'd rather see new lighting, less blue fog and more real fog, to add atmosphere, like seen in earlier vids.

I agree it isn't as bad as many people might say (especially when using lighting mods which gives the vegetation proper ambient occlusion) but I'm not gonna say no to improvements and should they decide they to implement all graphical enhancements from BaW to the main game that would of course be even better.

1:45 Side-missions like the short stories of the first two books? That sounds awesome.

"I mean it's still 20 hours of gameplay so it's still a gigantic game but euh...and a lot of people.. some people have seen it, journalists have seen it and they have like.. THIS is like a whole new game.. I was like.. mhm... ye.. yes it kinda is actually.."

:what: :cheers3: :nice:

I think it's the Elven Ruin (internally it's called q104_Mine), the quest you visit with Keira. You do a boss battle there.

Not sure what you mean? That's Caranthir, Wild Hunt general. The staff is in the game, it's his weapon.

Can witcher get and use this staff ?

Top Bottom