Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
It's unfortunate the new mechanics seem to be geared for NG+ This is what I was afraid of - that they would encourage level grinding rather then replayability. In way I understand, they can't rehaul the whole system and they need to freshen combat up somehow. But still, a new difficulty mode for instance would have been preferable.
and this is why i have been against NG+ since day one.

There is one answer specifically I am excited enough about to give extra attention:

Yeah, but I think that's why hearts of stone worked soo good in open world, because you had these parts and you could do them at any time without story losing it's pace. Bit worried now, but still mostly optimistic.

Yeah, but I think that's why hearts of stone worked soo good in open world, because you had these parts and you could do them at any time without story losing it's pace. Bit worried now, but still mostly optimistic.

I get that concern, but I think the design choice makes sense for a few reasons.

1. Blood and Wine's main campaign obviously takes place in a totally separate region in the game from the rest of the story. So ditching the B&W questline to go back to the main quest or other regions will probably not be something that happens for most players. This is unlike HoS which is in the same area as the main story, and I did go back and forth a little bit, making the clear beginnings and ends to the quests nice for the exact reasons you point out.

2. Having a "seamless" narrative as she describes will mean that the pacing is likely more urgent throughout the questline. This isn't necessarily true, however that has generally been my experience when playing video games. It may mean that you ignore some of the side quests until the B&W main quest is completed, but I don't think that will be a big deal because:

3. Having a location where you live in Toussaint will give players plenty of opportunity to complete the side content that is within the expansion.

So overall I think it is a positive development. It's of course a matter of taste, and I have been wrong before. We will certainly find out in the next 10 days or so.

Last edited:
Having a "seamless" narrative as she describes will mean that the pacing is likely more urgent throughout the questline. This isn't necessarily true, however that has generally been my experience when playing video games.

That is my biggest concern, just don't make it as urgent as main game and i will be satisfied. I think it wont be as much because it's really hard to surpass "ciri is in trouble" urgency.

That is my biggest concern, just don't make it as urgent as main game and i will be satisfied. I think it wont be as much because it's really hard to surpass "ciri is in trouble" urgency.

I personally felt very little sense of urgency regarding Ciri. In hindsight, that part of the narrative had the exact flaw they sought to avoid when they talked about it in the pre-release vids: we have to save Ciri so she can save the world...but let's see if this guy plays gwent first...

Last edited:
I personally felt very little sense of urgency regarding Ciri. In hindsight, that part of the narrative had the exact flaw they were trying to avoid when they talked about it in all the pre-release vids.

Don't really understand the point you're trying to make. How come you didn't sense urgency. script wise Geralt and Wild hunt are searching for her and if hunt finds her it's game over. With all her powers she couldn't go against them on her own. Every side quest I did (before finishing main story) felt to me like I'm putting this random npc in front of Ciri and with every quest that felt worse and worse. I know there are people that don't have problem with that (it's just a game, right?), but to me, that was the biggest mistake they made.

I hope they use all maps though. That they made some quests that start in the new map and then you have to go to skellige/novigrad/velen/kaer morhen/white orchid. I sure hope they didnt squeeze all those 90 new quests into a map the size of no mans land.

What for? That wouldn't really make any sense at all. Toussaint is at least a thousand miles from Temeria and probably 2000 miles or more from Skellige. Kaer Morhen is probably a thousand miles from Temeria... so what? Geralt would travel several weeks each for a quest? That wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Of course all of the quests will be in Toussaint and why not? The denser the better, makes the whole place feel alive and like it's actually inhabited.

Have to agree with hedop.
Sure some areas could be improved with some additional quests, but in this case, it would not make any sense

Seems like Germans think alike ;) And yes... I would welcome a mod that deletes all Smuggler Caches from Skellige and adds a quest where you work on a fisherboat to defend them from Drowners for a while or maybe Hjalmar is in love with a mermaid.

What for? That wouldn't really make any sense at all. Toussaint is at least a thousand miles from Temeria and probably 2000 miles or more from Skellige. Kaer Morhen is probably a thousand miles from Temeria... so what? Geralt would travel several weeks each for a quest? That wouldn't make any sense what so ever. Of course all of the quests will be in Toussaint and why not? The denser the better, makes the whole place feel alive and like it's actually inhabited.

The denser the better? Thats how they fucked up far cry 4. There was no time to explore, too many quests jammed into small areas and it was stressful. I totally dont see a problem with Geralt traveling for a few weeks. He is witcher, thats what they do. And what kind of quests takes you 25 minutes anyways? A quests is suppose to take a while. Thats why we have fast-travel.

And how do you think you open up the new map anyways? Im positive a quest takes you there.
I mean there's a lot of quests that takes place between all the other maps. Im not saying we need new quests that start in WO or velen or whatever. Im slimply saying that it would be nice if they sent us on some treasure hunts all around the witcher world.
idk I just hope they have some quests that takes you around the other maps. Not all of the quests of course, but it would be cool if one quests takes you to devils pit and finally let you in the door all the way down there (for example)

Last edited:
No matter how you look at it.
Storywise its would be still nonsense.

"Sorry Anna your Massmörder have to wait, there is contract in novigrad to find a mysterious Thief .. i'm back in 25 days- promise"

:D

No matter how you look at it.
Storywise its would be still nonsense.

"Sorry Anna your Massmörder have to wait, there is contract in novigrad to find a mysterious Thief .. i'm back in 25 days- promise"

:D

Lol that is fairly optimistic ;) Roche can travel probably 30 miles if it's a decent road a day, since Geralt doesn't change horses. So that means he would need about 33 days alone, if the journey is 1000 miles... I think 2000-3000 miles might actually be more likely... so we are talking 3 months traveling simply to get to Velen and another 3 months to get back ;) Add another month or so if you want to go to Skellige and another 3 months to get to Kaer Morhen.

The denser the better? Thats how they fucked up far cry 4. There was no time to explore, too many quests jammed into small areas and it was stressful. I totally dont see a problem with Geralt traveling for a few weeks

Awful direction of opinion. Do you know at all where Tousaint is? Less traveling for god's sake, we want content, not time filled with traveling, the closer the quest takes you, the better...

actually be more likely... so we are talking 3 months traveling simply to get to Velen and another 3 months to get back Add another month or so if you want to go to Skellige and another 3 months to get to Kaer Morhen.

Exactly! It's already ridiculous in the main game.

Top Bottom