Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Pacing is tough in an open world game, but I personally will try to make it as realistic as possible.

Now let's forget about main quest. Like you said it's just a side quest, you can go finish it after finishing main quest. And still it doesn't make any sense for Geralt to actually go trough it. I'ts just too far away and it takes too much time. His reward for that quest would have to be sublime. However in main game there are some quest like this (exp: you had to go with a guy to get one clam from Novigrad to Skelige) and personally I hated them.

Last edited:
Moderator: A post has been deleted. The topic of this thread (in case everyone forgot) is Witcher 3 News: Links and Discussion. Further argument about why members are arguing with one another will be deleted as off topic as well.

Moderator's note: A lengthy recent conversation has been deleted for unacceptably unparliamentary behaviour. Please, keep the discussion on-topic, civil, and calm. Thank you.

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk," he told me at Polish conference Digital Dragons recently. "We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."

I believe what CD Projekt Red will announce at E3 will be the game - or thing - it mentioned in a recent annual report. Under plans for 2016, CDPR mentioned, "A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio." That doesn't necessarily mean it's a game and doesn't necessarily mean it's coming out this year. But it could be both.

When I asked Iwinski if it will be this thing at E3 he said, "We will see." When I asked if we'll find out what it is at E3 he said, "Well, hopefully." And when I asked if it had anything to do with The Witcher he said, "Time will tell."

I'm calling it now. E3 reveal for the Enhanced Edition, as well as the standalone Gwent game.

Any takers? 5 orens redpoints. :p

Not loosing Hope yet for some fixes, improvements and additions to the base game.

Scoia'tael!
:victory:

Last edited:
I'm calling it now. E3 reveal for the Enhanced Edition, as well as the standalone Gwent game.

Any takers? 5 orens redpoints. :p

Not loosing Hope yet for some fixes, improvements and additions to the base game.

Scoia'tael!
:victory:

Standalone gwent game is very plausible, due to certain tidbits of informations spread around the net. I'm not sure about the Enhanced Edition, because they just finished working on the expansions and there are still more projects awaiting, also judging by the reviews, B&W really feels like a final piece of content for The Witcher 3. They did mentioned that they have no plans for Enhanced Edition, but they used the same phrase in regard to standalone Gwent game as well, so who knows.

Standalone gwent game is very plausible, due to certain tidbits of informations spread around the net. I'm not sure about the Enhanced Edition, because they just finished working on the expansions and there are still more projects awaiting, also judging by the reviews, B&W really feels like a final piece of content for The Witcher 3. They did mentioned that they have no plans for Enhanced Edition, but they used the same phrase in regard to standalone Gwent game as well, so who knows.

A lot of the cut content had been fully voice acted. I think TW3 is different in this regard, as I don't think that Dol Blathanna in TW2 made it that far. According to the PAX AU talk, that means that:

1. Those cut quests got to the Beta stage, where they were almost completed, which is when VA takes place
2. One of the most expensive parts of the production had already been completed

The costs for the VA would have been included in the orignal budget, meaning that this wouldn't necessarily be a crazy expensive thing do to, as the game has made a sizeable profit, and to do an EE would only require internal dev. resources. From a business perspective, they want people to buy B&W and not wait for the EE, so saying that there's no plans currently is a way to do that. The plan could change SOON(tm) though. :p I have hope. I think an EE is plausible.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Last edited:
But the nagtive point .....
-Roach still gets stuck

The costs for the VA would have been included in the orignal budget, meaning that this wouldn't necessarily be a crazy expensive thing do to, as the game has made a sizeable profit, and to do an EE would only require internal dev. resources. From a business perspective, they want people to buy B&W and not wait for the EE, so saying that there's no plans currently is a way to do that. The plan could change SOON(tm) though. :p I have hope. I think an EE is plausible.

While I would really like various bits of cut content to be completed and restored, I am not sure if it is ever going to happen. Especially since the quests that are actually in the game have been modified to account for the cuts, at least compared to the "2013 edition" that still included Iorveth, False Ciri, final battle in Novigrad, the deleted q211 Wild Hunt quest, etc. Although the already cut down version from mid-2014 was probably intended to be final, and only deletions have been made since then without fixing the resulting plot holes and other issues, so better completing that might still be something that can reasonably be done in an EE. But it could very well be that Blood and Wine and patch 1.20 already serve as the "enhanced edition". Compared to the v1.01 base game, 1.20+HoS+BaW is a more significant addition than the EEs of the previous games.

In any case, we have yet to see if there are any content changes in 1.20, like there were in 1.10. At least some new Roach dialogue. :)

While I would really like various bits of cut content to be completed and restored, I am not sure if it is ever going to happen. Especially since the quests that are actually in the game have been modified to account for the cuts, at least compared to the "2013 edition" that still included Iorveth, False Ciri, final battle in Novigrad, the deleted q211 Wild Hunt quest, etc. Although the already cut down version from mid-2014 was probably intended to be final, and only deletions have been made since then without fixing the resulting plot holes and other issues, so better completing that might still be something that can reasonably be done in an EE. But it could very well be that Blood and Wine and patch 1.20 already serve as the "enhanced edition". Compared to the v1.01 base game, 1.20+HoS+BaW is a more significant addition than the EEs of the previous games.

I sent you a PM. ;) It's unlikely we'll see the "2013 version", because a lot of the dialogue wasn't recorded yet. However, for a lot of the stuff in the "2014 version" had been completed.

A lot of the cut content had been fully voice acted. I think TW3 is different in this regard, as I don't think that Dol Blathanna in TW2 made it that far. According to the PAX AU talk, that means that:

1. Those cut quests got to the Beta stage, where they were almost completed, which is when VA takes place
2. One of the most expensive parts of the production had already been completed

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Of course, we don't know how much of the unfinished content was voice acted, but even if most of it already is, you must also take under consideration that it's doubtful they did it for all languages at once, most likely limiting themselves to English until very late into development, which means they still had to record all of that for the other versions.

Top Bottom